Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #11
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT
Josh Baker JoshuaDBaker xxPanduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by eolson View Post
I can't wait to see what Ford does for 2015 anniversary. I hope the cars get lighter, stay as fast, have automatic adjustment for suspension performance modes and real launch and traction control settings. Maybe the GT500 will actually come with 305 width tires in rear and 275 up front, and have IRS and magnetic ride control technology stolen from the Russians(GM). Erik
Can you imagine the sticker price on what you just described!? Holy *****!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - Ordered
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver/April '12 ROTM
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #12
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 BOSS 302 #1197

Not sure I believe some people on here with the deal they say they got. I got the Boss at sticker but there was also loaded GT there for 37.5, I had some buying power also as I told them I was going to put 14k down.....didn't matter. This was at more than one dealership, it was actually three different dealers and all of them had about the same price range on the GT's and they weren't moving from them either.

Last edited by REDBOSS1; 04-08-2012 at 12:35 AM.
REDBOSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Anyone that pays sticker or even close to sticker is a mor... I mean, silly person...
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #14
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPete View Post
....and then trade it for the newest model again......

Priceless!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye View Post
Not sure I believe some people on here with the deal they say they got. I got the Boss at sticker but there was also loaded GT their for 37.5, I had some buying power also as I told them I was going to put 14k down.....didn't matter. This was at more than one dealership, it was actually three different dealers and all of them had about the same price range on the GT's and they weren't moving from them either.
I have to agree with this..some of the "deals" I have seen are just to good to be true.
I'm 32 and bought a couple of cars new and I get more crafty each time...hell some of these people must be using the Jedi Mind Trick to get the deals they claim.

The real problem here is they know how much you want it and they got you by the *****..some yuppy out there will pay what they want especially when the car is just released.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1990 Coupe & 2008 GT

Unfortunately it's NOT only Ford. My 1990 was 12 & change (I have the window sticker). My 08 was 26 & change with the X-Plan. That's more than DOUBLE in 18 years.

My fear is as inflation continues to take its course, that pony cars like the mustang & the camaro will one day be off limits to the everyday person......

2008 Premium 5SP GT
Mods: Roush M90 & a lot more...
Vader GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #17
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang V6 to V8 Swap
Send a message via MSN to BWfVA

I know and its sad because that is what makes america great is the fact that the common man could live atleast some of the good life, but it just seems to be slowly slipping away. BESIDES being a pessamist, I really cant believe the prices either.

I got family in the used car bis, but I definitly going to be looking into a used 5.0 in the next year. Proably a base so i can build it the way I want to.

He who says he has rice that flys, can also tell big lies
BWfVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #18
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

My base 05 was around 25k... They are being priced out of reach of the regular folk, and we're forced to buy a 25k econobox.

Sorry. Not going to happen. I'll just get my 05 redone when it needs it a decade or so from now. No reason to buy new if prices are astronomical like that. And the wife will get the new cars as she doesn't care about power as much anymore.

I just can't see myself in an econobox, I just can't. And since that will be the only thing I will be able to afford unless I get a promotion I'll stay with my 05. Besides, it has been in many pictures, and the first set of wheels I owned stateside (dutch guy here). Nope, not going anywhere.

Justice to All
TheDutchTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #19
Menace
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
My base 05 was around 25k... They are being priced out of reach of the regular folk, and we're forced to buy a 25k econobox.

Sorry. Not going to happen. I'll just get my 05 redone when it needs it a decade or so from now. No reason to buy new if prices are astronomical like that. And the wife will get the new cars as she doesn't care about power as much anymore.

I just can't see myself in an econobox, I just can't. And since that will be the only thing I will be able to afford unless I get a promotion I'll stay with my 05. Besides, it has been in many pictures, and the first set of wheels I owned stateside (dutch guy here). Nope, not going anywhere.
Someone with common sense. I love the people who spend beyond their means, or gotta have the newest and greatest... but then can't pay their bills. That has been an increasing trend in today's world, which of course they decide to blame others for their own problems. Anywho... I love the engine, but that's about all.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #20
Bugsy1036

Vehicle: 2011 Roush Mustang

Todayís economy is tough, thereís no doubt about that. Iím not sure what the new Mustang GT demographic is but for myself, very close to 40, I was in high school when the 93 5.0 GT came out and I would have just about given anything for one. Except money that is I was broke. Now at almost 40 Iím doing okay and although costly I couldnít resist. I donít think itís any coincidence that Ford released the new 5.0. It coincides with my age bracket and Ford hopes nostalgia will get us in the showroom.

In my area I donít see a lot of new 5.0ís and I live in a major metropolitan area. I think it comes down to selling just enough of these cars at ridiculous prices and then showing prospective buys itís the going rate. If you want a new Mustang youíre probably already sold, the trending just makes you feel better about your purchase.

That's my 2cents
Bugsy1036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:42 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2013, 2015, ass, at, bad, cost, craigslist, gallon, gt, miles, mustang, nh, nhcraigslist, premium, sticker, v6