Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #201
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
Rent reduces risk, so I don't see it as a waste. I refuse to borrow money on a depreciating asset, so I won't borrow money on a car. I don't see it as financially smart.
Wrong. If you are using some else's money at 0% interest, that is financially smart. I avoid using my money, because my money delivers gains/interest that gets reinvested, which allows me to grow my principle. I never touch the principle ever.

If I am buying anything that is not a "financial" investment and depreciates daily, IE: TVs, cars, boats, toys, I use free money (0% interest) or invested gains (liquid assets). If I can't make a purchase using one of those two methods, I will not buy it. It always works out that any time I need something like a new big screen tv, someone like Best Buy always has some kind of no interest for X amount of months deal running. Hell, sometimes they even pay the taxes.

If I am making a purchase for "financial" investment, I have no problem paying interest that calculates out to a profit over the term of the loan. (real estate, business, etc.)
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #202
120mm
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 Mustang Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
Wrong. If you are using some else's money at 0% interest, that is financially smart. I avoid using my money, because my money delivers gains/interest that gets reinvested, which allows me to grow my principle. I never touch the principle ever.

If I am buying anything that is not a "financial" investment and depreciates daily, IE: TVs, cars, boats, toys, I use free money (0% interest) or invested gains (liquid assets). If I can't make a purchase using one of those two methods, I will not buy it. It always works out that any time I need something like a new big screen tv, someone like Best Buy always has some kind of no interest for X amount of months deal running. Hell, sometimes they even pay the taxes.

If I am making a purchase for "financial" investment, I have no problem paying interest that calculates out to a profit over the term of the loan. (real estate, business, etc.)
Thanks for playing, the retard games are down the street, though.

First, there is no such thing as "0% Interest". The seller always gets theirs in the asking price. Of course, 0% interest is almost always on high end new consumer goods, and they are overcharging you for the honor of "0% interest." And with cars, you get ***-raped with depreciation, since you're buying a new car. Two kinds of people buy new cars; the extremely wealthy and f*cking idiots. Are you extremely wealthy? If not, you know what you are. Which doesn't suprise me based on your political beliefs.

Second, you completely ignore risk in the equation. What happens if you lose your job, have an accident, etc.? Can you just wave a magic fairy wand and turn your upside-down car or high end consumer good in and call it quits? You might be if you are GM or Detroit, but good luck with that.

Wrong? You're too stupid to call my sage advice "wrong". But then, you'd be just like mainstream America.

I apologize for the rant, but this jack*ss blowhard has had enough of spreading his idiocy. I "get it" that folks who play with Mustangs come from a certain demographic, but there is such a thing as wisdom, gained through experience. And maybe someone might learn something from it.
120mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #203
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Vehicle: 1994 Mustang Super Special Hooker Edition GT

Wow that was sure informative :S
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #204
pallidamors
Banned

Vehicle: 2004, pontiac, gto

Quote:

First, there is no such thing as "0% Interest". The seller always gets theirs in the asking price. Of course, 0% interest is almost always on high end new consumer goods, and they are overcharging you for the honor of "0% interest." And with cars, you get ***-raped with depreciation, since you're buying a new car. Two kinds of people buy new cars; the extremely wealthy and f*cking idiots. Are you extremely wealthy? If not, you know what you are. Which doesn't suprise me based on your political beliefs.

Second, you completely ignore risk in the equation. What happens if you lose your job, have an accident, etc.? Can you just wave a magic fairy wand and turn your upside-down car or high end consumer good in and call it quits? You might be if you are GM or Detroit, but good luck with that.

Wrong? You're too stupid to call my sage advice "wrong". But then, you'd be just like mainstream America.

I apologize for the rant, but this jack*ss blowhard has had enough of spreading his idiocy. I "get it" that folks who play with Mustangs come from a certain demographic, but there is such a thing as wisdom, gained through experience. And maybe someone might learn something from it.
Im pretty sure Ole Boozer has more money than you and I combined.

However, I do believe my collection of gay-midget **** is larger. Not sure though.
pallidamors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #205
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

no such thing as 0% interest? so when I got 0% interest on my home depot card for my new front door 4 years ago and paid it off that spring before the interest would hit me I didn't really get it at 0% interest? (plus the doors were on sale)

You must be good at these maths, tell me how that works.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #206
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Vehicle: 92 Geo Metro

Quote:

LOL, all you've done is make all these assumptions and have come up with some kind of worst-case scenario, at best, and complete garbage in general.

You've imagined a world where depreciation and the risk of car ownership is tied to a loan. WTF? Pay cash and you don't have depreciation? Pay cash and the money you spent on the car won't be turned to crap in a major accident? Pay cash and losing your job won't be a big deal? Nothing you mention has anything to do with buying a new car with a low interest rate, it has to do with spending money you can't afford to spend. Whether somebody gets 0% or 489% or pays with cash, if they can't afford to blow that $35k, they can't afford it.

You've also assumed that the actual price of the car will be jacked up to get 0%. I'm sure that's true in some cases with some stealerships, as are jacked up prices in general, but that's obviously not something that happens every time.

I'm glad you apologized for that rant, it was incredibly ignorant and arrogant at the same time.

GO BEERS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
Or anus

Last edited by redass02gt; 07-25-2013 at 07:46 PM.
redass02gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #207
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Brembo GT

LOL@the outcome of this post.

I will say that I paid cash for my mods that must have depreciated a lot, since none of you SOB's are buying them in the "for sale" section.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:21 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2013, 2015, ass, at, bad, cost, craigslist, gallon, gt, miles, mustang, nh, nhcraigslist, premium, sticker, v6