Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #5281
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

Got in some sparring with a couple of guys testing for their 8th belt. Double stick FTMFW!!!

Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

4.10s, Watts Link

Last edited by okbfd; 06-28-2014 at 04:34 PM.
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:24 PM   #5282
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

...do you mind making the picture smaller? its taking up waay too much bandwidth.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #5283
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

Sorry, looks tiny from here.....will try

Better I hope.

And..................**** you

4.10s, Watts Link

Last edited by okbfd; 06-28-2014 at 04:35 PM.
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #5284
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbfd View Post
Got in some sparring with a couple of guys testing for their 8th belt. Double stick FTMFW!!!

Click the image to open in full size.
Still way too big. Crashing the site. I bet they can see that pic from space.

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #5285
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

If I did it correctly, I think that there may be a mechanical issue and not a spring issue. I attached a drawing of the results. The 100 psi was the max limit of my little compressor, but I think the results tell the tale. We got the turbo on and finished May 1 - took one more test drive and broke something. Makes a ticking sound like a tappet, but there aren't any on the 3.7 which uses the Direct Actuated Mechanical Bucket system.

On the last one on the driver side, and the middle cylinder on the passenger side, as soon as I put the pressure into the cylinder I could hear the oil bubbling back toward the scavenger pump and turbo - took the oil fill cap off and the sound stopped but I could feel the air coming out of the fill cap.

The middle on the driver side and the front on the passenger side wouldn't pressurize at all - as soon as I put the pressure to the line it went from 100 psi to almost nothing and showed a 90% leakage on the gauge.
Disconnected the line to the cylinder and the gauges jumped up to show about 50psi on the tool and leakage gauge showed 70% - connected it to the cylinder tube again and it dropped immediately.

The front on the driver and the back on the passenger showed 55% and 65% leakage.

So looks like an engine replacement. I don't have a boroscope/camera so couldn't look in the cylinder but my guess is that there is a chip in the piston top ring land. Maybe we ran a little lean at WOT, although I never heard any detonation.

I am attaching a scan drawing of the results.

Anyone have a boroscope/camera I can borrow?

At least the car looks good

Last edited by JimC; 07-04-2014 at 05:57 PM.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:52 AM   #5286
Explosive
diarrhea

Vehicle: 2003 Mach 1--1979 Ford Mustang Cobra

Spent my 4th at the race track. Didn't get home till after 1am and just woke up at 5:30 for work FML. car belongs to 5.0kid he ran a new best of 8.02 @167

Explosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #5287
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
Shelty429
Send a message via AIM to Shelty

you had more fun last night than I did. spent half the night looking for suicidal teenagers.

I hate working holidays, all the nuts come out.

1966 Chevy Bel Air wagon. 700r4, hedman hedders, and other stuff

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.-company car with 1/4 million miles on the clock

'91 5.0 5-speed-- sold :-(
Shelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #5288
akiba17
Moderado El Jefe

Vehicle: 06 broS197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
If I did it correctly, I think that there may be a mechanical issue and not a spring issue. I attached a drawing of the results. The 100 psi was the max limit of my little compressor, but I think the results tell the tale. We got the turbo on and finished May 1 - took one more test drive and broke something. Makes a ticking sound like a tappet, but there aren't any on the 3.7 which uses the Direct Actuated Mechanical Bucket system.

On the last one on the driver side, and the middle cylinder on the passenger side, as soon as I put the pressure into the cylinder I could hear the oil bubbling back toward the scavenger pump and turbo - took the oil fill cap off and the sound stopped but I could feel the air coming out of the fill cap.

The middle on the driver side and the front on the passenger side wouldn't pressurize at all - as soon as I put the pressure to the line it went from 100 psi to almost nothing and showed a 90% leakage on the gauge.
Disconnected the line to the cylinder and the gauges jumped up to show about 50psi on the tool and leakage gauge showed 70% - connected it to the cylinder tube again and it dropped immediately.

The front on the driver and the back on the passenger showed 55% and 65% leakage.

So looks like an engine replacement. I don't have a boroscope/camera so couldn't look in the cylinder but my guess is that there is a chip in the piston top ring land. Maybe we ran a little lean at WOT, although I never heard any detonation.

I am attaching a scan drawing of the results.

Anyone have a boroscope/camera I can borrow?
When running properly boosted cars are scary fast, but I just prefer the much more reliable always working power of N/A, no overheating, boost leaks and all the other faults that always seem to find their way to the surface.

Stock....except for the cai, Steeda CMDP, Brenspeed 93 tune, Flowmaster 60 series, Ford Racing strut and control arm brace, Koni shocks, Steeda Sport springs, Whiteline Watt's link and sway bars, GT500 brakes, and a healthy coating of dirt since I'm too lazy to wash it.
akiba17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #5289
Explosive
diarrhea

Vehicle: 2003 Mach 1--1979 Ford Mustang Cobra

Night at the track beats emo teens any day
Explosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:33 AM   #5290
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
Shelty429
Send a message via AIM to Shelty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosive View Post
Night at the track beats emo teens any day
word.

I hate teenagers, and I hate children.

but I like the smell of burnt rubber and high octane fuel burning.

1966 Chevy Bel Air wagon. 700r4, hedman hedders, and other stuff

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.-company car with 1/4 million miles on the clock

'91 5.0 5-speed-- sold :-(
Shelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:33 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2013, blue, grabber, grandma, grandpa, gt500, mommy, poopy