MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://mustangforums.com/forum/off-topic-10/)
-   -   Freight free...no way.... (http://mustangforums.com/forum/off-topic/697528-freight-free-no-way.html)

akdoggie 06-30-2013 09:21 PM

Freight free...no way....

Again, I tried to buy from one of our vendors, who states "free shipping on all orders", that is until you post your zip code. I was shocked to see, 31.21 come up on the screen for postage on 2 plastic taillight trim pieces. 31.21 for less than 1 pound? You guys are out of your freakin' minds. I can't believe that they are a sponsor. Screw this. I've had enough of them. They talk a good game until you order, then its add add add.

Luckily there are numerous vendors out there, and I don't have to rely on one particular. I would of liked to buy from this seller, but they treat AK and HI as crap, so they don't deserve my business.:icon_cankick:

MustangFirstCar 07-01-2013 12:04 AM

Was this AM? I know that when I ordered a bumper from them they wouldn't ship it to my house for free, I had to ship it to my friend's shop.

akdoggie 07-01-2013 04:29 AM

I try and not put a name to them. I know I'm not alone in this, and I'll bet the 808 guys agree 100% with me. It's funny when you can buy from some of our vendors and not get charged freight for regular items and some want to hose you down. They claim the shipping is set by the carrier. If that's the case, use more than just UPS or FEDEX. USPS would gladly come by and pick up your items and ship them, just like UPS/FedEx does. But that would be too easy and logical.

I rarely, anymore, buy from RockAuto, unless the freight is good for that particular item. Some things were great on freight, but if I was needing more of the same part and it had to come from another of their warehouses, and that brought triple charges for freight. Why not send them both from 1 warehouse and save the guy some money? Too easy to do that, so they won't. Oh well, their loss.

Nuke 07-01-2013 09:31 AM

It always baffles me why some companies (and individuals) will rape others on shipping cost. I can buy a 250 lb. portable generator on-line for the same price as I can at Home Depot and other box stores and have it shipped for free. Yet a 4 oz item from another place will charge some ridiculous amount to ship it.

kput 07-01-2013 10:36 AM

The better question is: why is this in the appearance section?

Rylay 07-01-2013 11:54 AM

Kput is right but back one topic: shipping is never 'free' they mark up prices to make it look free. If you're mad over it then you don't understand the game. Free shipping is an enormous marketing scam that makes you balls feel all warm and special. The fact that you have to pay for shipping should be a good and perfered feature so you know you aren't overpaying. OP you are only paying the difference between the built in price and the actual cost of shipping, grow up

Rylay 07-01-2013 12:02 PM

As far as carriers go, they cut pretty cheap deals by using ups or FedEx exclusively and are saving you a lot on shipping by doing so.

AJSpags 07-01-2013 12:15 PM

USPS also sucks to deal with when a problem arises. Unlike FedEx and UPS if a product gets damaged or lost USPS takes 5x longer to get a resolution unlike FedEx or UPS, though not perfect they do come to a resolution a lot quicker then USPS. It is a bummer about how all venders advertise free shipping but charge for Alaska and Hawaii shipments but it's completely understandable as it does cost them more to ship there. Would you stop advertising Free Shipping if only 2 states added an exception when all your competition is saying "FREE SHIPPING"? I know it sucks but working in sales I get this complaint often.

CMcNam 07-01-2013 12:48 PM

That sucks to hear OP, but most places will put the details in the fine print stating that they don't do free shipping to Hawaii and Alaska. The advertising is mostly correct. If they advertised free shipping to all fifty states it would be a different matter, but I don't see it.

About price gouging to make up for free shipping, vendors will often do price matching and you still maintain your free shipping, so I don't see how it can be overinflated too much. There are always options, but you have to be able to work the system a bit.

I hope you get a satisfactory resolution to your issue though.

Edit: Not to dump salt on the wound, but here is American Muscle's shipping policy as an example. The link is right on their homepage, and it does state free shipping to all 48 continental states, although to your credit they state all locations which isn't correct. It's free freight shipping to all commercial locations in the 48 states.

Derf00 07-01-2013 02:04 PM

ya, what he said ^^ (48 contiguous states) . The only thing that most aren't clear on though is the residential vs commercial address.