Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang
Default Freight free...no way....

Again, I tried to buy from one of our vendors, who states "free shipping on all orders", that is until you post your zip code. I was shocked to see, 31.21 come up on the screen for postage on 2 plastic taillight trim pieces. 31.21 for less than 1 pound? You guys are out of your freakin' minds. I can't believe that they are a sponsor. Screw this. I've had enough of them. They talk a good game until you order, then its add add add.

Luckily there are numerous vendors out there, and I don't have to rely on one particular. I would of liked to buy from this seller, but they treat AK and HI as crap, so they don't deserve my business.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Black '07 4.0 coupe. 19" GT Wheels, Bullitt susp & GT brake upgrade, GT500 strut plates, Dynomax exhaust w/GT mufflers, S/D Coil, Live Wires, JLT CAI w/Diablo tune, Hood struts, IPU, GT MyColor, Leather Pwr Seats, 13 Boss Strg Wheel, a/dim mirror, Homelink, amb light console, Ford Nav/SYNC, hood scoop, qtr & side scoops, r/w louvers, GT500 spoiler, CS/GT frt & rr bumpers, rad ext & batt-m/cyl covers, underhood caps, plenum cover, tloc 7.5 w/3.73's, Seq t/lights, trunk switch. Whew!
akdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 White Mustang

Was this AM? I know that when I ordered a bumper from them they wouldn't ship it to my house for free, I had to ship it to my friend's shop.

2006 Mustang V6 PP | C&L CAI | Bama 93 race tune | 14" Shorty Antenna | Eagle GTs | 18" stripe
GT/CS Front Bumper | Bullit Grille | Hawk HPS pads| Slotted and Drilled Rotors | Strano Swaybars
Prothane Motor Mounts | MMD Hood Struts | 55w 5000K HIDs | Poly Bushings

There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark.
MustangFirstCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #3
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang

I try and not put a name to them. I know I'm not alone in this, and I'll bet the 808 guys agree 100% with me. It's funny when you can buy from some of our vendors and not get charged freight for regular items and some want to hose you down. They claim the shipping is set by the carrier. If that's the case, use more than just UPS or FEDEX. USPS would gladly come by and pick up your items and ship them, just like UPS/FedEx does. But that would be too easy and logical.

I rarely, anymore, buy from RockAuto, unless the freight is good for that particular item. Some things were great on freight, but if I was needing more of the same part and it had to come from another of their warehouses, and that brought triple charges for freight. Why not send them both from 1 warehouse and save the guy some money? Too easy to do that, so they won't. Oh well, their loss.
Black '07 4.0 coupe. 19" GT Wheels, Bullitt susp & GT brake upgrade, GT500 strut plates, Dynomax exhaust w/GT mufflers, S/D Coil, Live Wires, JLT CAI w/Diablo tune, Hood struts, IPU, GT MyColor, Leather Pwr Seats, 13 Boss Strg Wheel, a/dim mirror, Homelink, amb light console, Ford Nav/SYNC, hood scoop, qtr & side scoops, r/w louvers, GT500 spoiler, CS/GT frt & rr bumpers, rad ext & batt-m/cyl covers, underhood caps, plenum cover, tloc 7.5 w/3.73's, Seq t/lights, trunk switch. Whew!

Last edited by akdoggie; 07-01-2013 at 04:33 AM.
akdoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

It always baffles me why some companies (and individuals) will rape others on shipping cost. I can buy a 250 lb. portable generator on-line for the same price as I can at Home Depot and other box stores and have it shipped for free. Yet a 4 oz item from another place will charge some ridiculous amount to ship it.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
kput
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang Coupe
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1630522258

The better question is: why is this in the appearance section?

91 BAMA Street Tune, Tunable Induction CAI,
4-Piston Front GT500 Brembo Brakes w/14" Rotors,
Custom Dual straight pipes w/ SLP Shotgun Resonators, BC Racing Coilovers
ZEX Dry Nitrous kit, 75 shot
4" Matte black fender marks, 19x9.5 Matte Black SVE Drifts,
Smoked turn signals, headlights, and side markers
LED switchback turn signals, 5000k HID headlights, Full GT/CS Body Kit

8.8 @ 86 1/8th Mile
kput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006,Ford,Mustang GT
RYLAY

Kput is right but back one topic: shipping is never 'free' they mark up prices to make it look free. If you're mad over it then you don't understand the game. Free shipping is an enormous marketing scam that makes you ***** feel all warm and special. The fact that you have to pay for shipping should be a good and perfered feature so you know you aren't overpaying. OP you are only paying the difference between the built in price and the actual cost of shipping, grow up
Rylay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006,Ford,Mustang GT
RYLAY

As far as carriers go, they cut pretty cheap deals by using ups or FedEx exclusively and are saving you a lot on shipping by doing so.
Rylay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
AJSpags
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

USPS also sucks to deal with when a problem arises. Unlike FedEx and UPS if a product gets damaged or lost USPS takes 5x longer to get a resolution unlike FedEx or UPS, though not perfect they do come to a resolution a lot quicker then USPS. It is a bummer about how all venders advertise free shipping but charge for Alaska and Hawaii shipments but it's completely understandable as it does cost them more to ship there. Would you stop advertising Free Shipping if only 2 states added an exception when all your competition is saying "FREE SHIPPING"? I know it sucks but working in sales I get this complaint often.

2005 Ford Mustang GT
-Street Scene Gen1 body kit
-Street Scene rear Exhaust system
-Street Scene Upper and Lower Grille
-JBA Shorty Headers
-MRR Wheels 20x10(rear) 20x8 (front)
-H&R Coil over suspension
-K&N intake
-Diablo Trinity Tuner
-BAMA Custom Tune
-Steeda Motion Delete Plates
-BBK Pulleys
-ACT Street Clutch
-ACT Streetlight flywheel
AJSpags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

That sucks to hear OP, but most places will put the details in the fine print stating that they don't do free shipping to Hawaii and Alaska. The advertising is mostly correct. If they advertised free shipping to all fifty states it would be a different matter, but I don't see it.

About price gouging to make up for free shipping, vendors will often do price matching and you still maintain your free shipping, so I don't see how it can be overinflated too much. There are always options, but you have to be able to work the system a bit.

I hope you get a satisfactory resolution to your issue though.

Edit: Not to dump salt on the wound, but here is American Muscle's shipping policy as an example. The link is right on their homepage, and it does state free shipping to all 48 continental states, although to your credit they state all locations which isn't correct. It's free freight shipping to all commercial locations in the 48 states.

Last edited by CMcNam; 07-01-2013 at 12:54 PM.
CMcNam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

ya, what he said ^^ (48 contiguous states) . The only thing that most aren't clear on though is the residential vs commercial address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:04 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement