Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT
Josh Baker JoshuaDBaker xxPanduh
Default Pypes Performance Exhast

Ok, for those that don't know, I recently decided to pull my Pype Bombs for their bi-annual polish/cleaning. Upon doing so, I found out that my driver's side was rusted out. So, I called Pypes to get this rusted out Pype Bomb taken care of. After talking to them and sending them pictures, they decided to replace the defective Pype Bomb. Just the one, which I'm OK with. I did however say, if at all possible I'd like to replace them both as I show the vehicle. The service rep than smugly replied, "You SHOW the car? Look's like you haven't washed the underside in years." If that's not good for PR, I don't know what is. Here's the Pype Bomb in it's current, defective condition after TWO YEARS of daily driving in North East Ohio 400+ miles/week YEAR ROUND. I'd say it's pretty clean (and I noticed they were rusted out when I pulled them in order to Polish them...Yea, I don't clean the car).

I then asked him how much it would cost to purchase a new passenger side so I wouldn't have a mismatched set and he quoted me $165...lol, I bought them for $209 brand new.

Many of you know, I defended them all the time when people claimed they were as cheap as Cherry Bombs. They sound great on a stock car, almost sound comparable to one with headers. I just won't recommend them based on the service they provide.
I don't usually do this sort of thing, but this pissed me off. I have heard they didn't have such great customer service before but I can now confirm it and they will not see $1 of my money from here on out and I won't recommend them to anyone.

Sorry for the typo in the thread title lol...Pypes Performance Exhaust*
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - Ordered
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver/April '12 ROTM
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone

Last edited by bakerjd; 07-02-2013 at 05:08 PM.
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Vehicle: 92 Geo Metro

unless they come with some sort of promise that they won't rust or get FUBAR'd, you should be glad they gave you one side for free.

GO BEERS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
Or anus
redass02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I'm not concerned with them only covering the one muffler. That I'm OK with. I'm not concerned that they had me cover the shipping. I'm also OK with that. I'm pissed off about the comment they made towards my car and the way they handled the situation all together in terms of service/direct conversation with me. I emailed them my thoughts on their "service" and they responded by saying, "I appologize that you took my comment the wrong way.".....LOL. I didn't take the comment the wrong way, they simply made it in poor taste. That's what annoys me, not that they didnt' cover both with their "lifetime warranty" but the fact that they insulted something that I take pride in. Look at the photo of the muffler. Does that warrant such a claim? I think not. Their comment makes it seem as though the blame is on me rather than a ****ty weld. Not taking ownership of the issue and making a comment such as that is my issue.

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver/April '12 ROTM
Old 07-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I just want to make it as clear as possible, I'm not upset with the way in which they replaced my defective "muffler" or the shipping or anything like that. I'm just pissed about the comment he made during the process and the fact that after I brought it to his attention via email he said, "I'm sorry YOU took my comment the wrong way". Pypes is what is. They make a decent quality product and it's really hard to beat for the price. I just don't think a Product Manager should make a comment like that when dealing with a customer.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 GTHG Ford Mustang

I would have to agree with you on that one. If you don't have access to a car lift yeah its going to be kind of hard to clean the undercarriage of the car. Maybe try ebay and see if you can get a set cheaper?
DocSnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

you should buy a new pair of mufflers, then return them BUT!

swap the mufflers that were on your car with the muflrs in teh box lolollolololololol
Old 07-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I've already purchased a set of used Corsa Xtremes off of a friend. Like I said, it's my daily so I can't afford it to be down for an extended period of time. I will say they did right by me replacing the "muffler". I just don't like the way they "presented themselves".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GTvert View Post
you should buy a new pair of mufflers, then return them BUT!

swap the mufflers that were on your car with the muflrs in teh box lolollolololololol
lol, I think they might catch on to that lol BEST COMMENT I've seen so far though...kudos

Old 07-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

seems like it was just one guy being an ***.

you could try my suggestion though.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:40 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement