Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

I saw one of these in a convertible (test mule most likely) and the top dropped really helps bring out the lines on that car.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
99GTvert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

Congrats, not my style....the new Dodge Viper would have been my pick....but I also wouldn't mind a gt40
Old 10-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #13
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '07 Mustang GT

Wow, nice car. Looking at how much electronics are integral to all operations of the car, definitely not the car to buy if you are into turning the wrench yourself. Good luck with all that.
Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013, Ford, Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GTvert View Post
Nice car...I wish I could afford one. That the 7 speed?
Yep, 7-speed. I thought it would be weird to have another gear but it feels very natural. The car will easily get 35 mpg on the highway in 4 cylinder mode .

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang View Post
Do you live in an apartment? I think a house would be more practical than a corvette.
Huh? Why would a house be more practical for a single guy like myself? What person in their right mind would ever even consider a Corvette to be practical, period? I still have plenty in savings and could get a house if I wanted one, but I don't. It's like it is a crime these days to not want a house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosniffedme View Post
House? More practical than a Corvette? You're on the wrong forums.

Excellent car, I would've made the same decision.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMan View Post
Very Nice! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang View Post
I just bought a second house, put $40,000 down. I couldn't imagine buying a corvette instead if I didn't own a house. It'd be like living with your parents and buying a new corvette!
Except that I am in Florida and my folks live in NY. Your comment makes absolutely no sense. Take your meds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker View Post
I must say that until I looked at your pictures I wasn't blown away, but the pics you took show off the lines better than the pros I have seen online.
And after saying all that yes if I could afford one, I would snap one up in a heartbeat.
Very very nice car, and the yellow and black is killer, I would say have fun but that's a given, watch out for the idiots.
Pick parking spots carefully, maybe even get some cones to put around it.
I am very careful (knock on wood)!. You have to see this car in person. While my pictures are nice and I am glad you like the car, try to see one in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_R View Post
Congrats, not my style....the new Dodge Viper would have been my pick....but I also wouldn't mind a gt40
I don't quite have $140,000 to spend . The new Dodge Viper is amazing though. However, the whole launch has been marred by dealers who ordered for inventory instead of for customers. The potential customers don't want to pay for a fully loaded car + markups. The few cars out there are just sitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
Wow, nice car. Looking at how much electronics are integral to all operations of the car, definitely not the car to buy if you are into turning the wrench yourself. Good luck with all that.
I am not too worried as I have a warranty. My dealership is great and I will have a loaner if anything goes wrong. Electronics are a double-edged sword!

2013 Premium Mustang GT, Sterling Gray, 6MT, 3.73 rear-end, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, GT500 Spoiler, FRPP-S axle-back --> **SOLD**
Slappy3243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #15
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

Go for it man, you only live once...once wife and kids arrive, priorities change
Old 10-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #16
Fox Fader
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 10GTManualPremium

Some of the comments here kind of surprise me. Not everyone here is a broke P2P kid.

I sell new Caddys and Chevys. We have a C7 Z51 3LT and even coming from me, a non Vette fan, that car amazes me every time I drive it. Though the leg room is a bit less than the C6, I love this car. Good choice Slappy, love the yellow and black.
Yellow fogs, LED map & tag lamps, Tinted makers & tails, MMD Hood Struts, 2-1/8" "Cue Ball" Shift ****, Sickspeed 401a jamnut, SR Performance Springs, Pypes Cat-back w/ Magnaflows, Bama Tuned. Dang, I work for a GM dealer!

2003 SRT-4 Stage 3
Up to 26psi boost. Fast!

PowerMix 2K1 <<Slammin Tunes!
Fox Fader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #17
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Vehicle: .

SLAPPY! MY LONG-LOST FATHER I HAVE FINALLY FOUND YOU!
I look forward to being included in your will immediately! To celebrate our reunion how about we go bear-wrestling?! You can go first!
simpsonfan13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #18
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy3243 View Post
I have been meaning to post this here. I traded in my Mustang. I had to do it after seeing a C7 in the flesh. I put my deposit back in July and picked her up a couple of weeks ago. My 2013 Mustang GT was a great car and I hope somebody picks it up and treats here well! Pictures below:

Click the image to open in full size.
You should move to unit C7. People are going to think you have a crappy Pontiac in there.

Sweet ride, I love the new Stingray.

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #19
akiba17
Moderado El Jefe

Vehicle: 06 broS197 GT 04 SRT Ram

Nice car, I see you went with a subtle color as I did when I picked up my Mustang.

Stock....except for the cai, Steeda CMDP, Brenspeed dyno tune, Flowmaster 60 series, Ford Racing strut and control arm brace, Koni shocks, Steeda Sport springs, Whiteline Watt's link and sway bars, GT500 brakes, and a healthy coating of dirt since I'm too lazy to wash it.
akiba17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #20
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT

I want the Lime Rock edition....!

Click the image to open in full size.

"Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps."
Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear BBC
daredevil95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:02 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement