Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

I read the news today: dick jokes!

Old 12-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #201
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

http://247wallst.com/special-report/...of-all-50-2/6/

list of best to worst run states, California is the worst ran state in the country 3 years running.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #202
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
http://247wallst.com/special-report/...of-all-50-2/6/

list of best to worst run states, California is the worst ran state in the country 3 years running.
But it's the best place to live.

Funny that the top 10 places on that list are the worst places to live. It makes sense that the per capita economics equate the way they do.

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #203
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I've lived in HI, CA, AZ, TX, MT. MT is my preferred place to live. I love the outdoors, wide open country, and minimal people. Best is very subjective. I tried camping in CA, and HI it's not like camping in MT or AZ. (There isn't really isn't camping in TX, unless you own land or know someone that does, not that id' want to camp in that ugly state anyway) I hate cities, and Billings is starting to get too big now that its around 125,000 people, 35,000-75,000 is a good size for a place to live. I spent most of my life living in Phoenix, worked in Scottsdale in 2006, moved to MT late 2006, never going back. People are just different in smaller towns.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
Quote:

Last edited by Mishri; 12-28-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #204
HRnB
Administrator

That's funny, because all I ever hear is how Montana is the closest thing to hell on earth you can possibly drive to. You even have a place called Hell Gate, lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_Gate,_Montana
The high school is called Hell gate high, lol.
Hellgate High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Hellgate High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Montana Ranked Worst in U.S. for Childhood Health. Yay, let's raise a family there! http://newstalkkgvo.com/montana-rank...od-well-being/

People on-line trying to warn others of the little slice of hell known as Montana.
"Hi,
I am writing this thread so hopefully you don't make the same mistake I have made.
I live in Billings Montana, which is suppose to be the best weather in Montana.
Well if you love winter, wind, snow and rain for 10-11 months out of the year then this is the place for you !
Alot of the locals will not admit to this but it is the truth."
http://www.city-data.com/forum/monta...ice-worst.html

"Montana Is A Nightmare. I was forced to move here from beautiful California with my family when I was 13" http://www.experienceproject.com/sto...2265295Montana

"Imagine the deepest part of hell, the frozen wasteland that kills EVERYTHING in it's domain, this is Montana. Imagine 40- weather on a constant basis... during spring/fall/ winter, summer is mainly at 60 degrees and as soon as the trees grow green they instantly die out again in just one months time frame thus making 90% of the year in montana just ugly to look at" http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-...e-here-493273/

Montana is number 1 in the United States for drunk driving fatalities. http://www.forbes.com/2008/11/20/dri...hisspeed=25000

So........yeah. Shut up about Montana, Mishroids.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #205
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT

Fun Facts about Montana:
Fun Facts about Montana:

Fact 5:
It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone.

Well, we know it's a screwed up state when relations with sheep are governed!

Fact 10:
Its illegal for unmarried women to fish alone in Montana.

LOL....i gues I wouldn't mind this law, all those women out there fishing is screwing up my fish day! Women should know they can't fish and are only allowed to clean the day's catch!

http://www.10-facts-about.com/Montana/id/45

Found some more:

One may not pretend to abuse an animal in the presence of a minor.

It is a felony for a wife to open her husband’s mail.

It is illegal for a man and a woman to have sex in any other position other than missionary style.

Seven or more indians are considered a raiding or war party and it is legal to shoot them.

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/montana

"Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps."
Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear BBC

Last edited by daredevil95; 12-28-2013 at 11:29 AM.
daredevil95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #206
HRnB
Administrator

^ that's funny and just nuts. No wonder Montana is Hell's Gate.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #207
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Vehicle: Ford F150

Quote:
I've lived in HI, CA, AZ, TX, MT. MT is my preferred place to live. I love the outdoors, wide open country, and minimal people. Best is very subjective. I tried camping in CA, and HI it's not like camping in MT or AZ. (There isn't really isn't camping in TX, unless you own land or know someone that does, not that id' want to camp in that ugly state anyway) I hate cities, and Billings is starting to get too big now that its around 125,000 people, 35,000-75,000 is a good size for a place to live. I spent most of my life living in Phoenix, worked in Scottsdale in 2006, moved to MT late 2006, never going back. People are just different in smaller towns.
Ahh, I know that feel. One of my favorite places ive lived had a population that varied between 50-500, it was a government owned town that was used as a training facility. The peace and quiet was addicting. I distinctly remember being able to walk outside the back porch, and seeing nothing but beautiful desert and mountains. No traffic, no stop lights, no obnoxious neighbors, no.lines at the store...

Playas, New Mexico....I miss thee...
mustangcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #208
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcat View Post
Ahh, I know that feel. One of my favorite places ive lived had a population that varied between 50-500, it was a government owned town that was used as a training facility. The peace and quiet was addicting. I distinctly remember being able to walk outside the back porch, and seeing nothing but beautiful desert and mountains. No traffic, no stop lights, no obnoxious neighbors, no.lines at the store...

Playas, New Mexico....I miss thee...
I had a 4 bedroom vacation cabin on Big Bear mountain that was like that for many moons. When I first bought it, there was nothing and no one near by. It was surrounded by pine trees and a gravel road to get to it about a quarter mile off the main road. Then after about 10 years, they started building other houses around it. My property was only about a half acre, so I had no choice once they started building other homes. One person built a 6k sq ft monstrosity right next door and ruined the whole "out in the boonies" feel, so I sold it. The guy that bout mine tore down the cabin and built an 8k sq ft monstrosity on it, lol. I will admit, it's really nice, but now the whole area is a bunch of mini mansions in the woods. They all chipped in and the gravel road is now paved and they are all vacation rentals except the guy that bought mine. He's a writer and lives in Beverly Hills and just goes there once in a while to get away and work on new projects.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #209
HRnB
Administrator

Our first responders on the USS Ronald Reagan that went to help with the Fukushima nuclear meltdown are get radiation sickness.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #210
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

^ wow that is terrible man.

They'll prob all get millions in a lawsuit, but no amount of money can fix their radiation stricken health. What a shame.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #211
HRnB
Administrator

Active military members can't sue the gov, even under the Tort Claims Act. But they will be taken care of for any medical needs indefinitely.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #212
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT Premium & 08 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRnB View Post
Our first responders on the USS Ronald Reagan that went to help with the Fukushima nuclear meltdown are get radiation sickness.

http://youtu.be/zaxCMsdYwcg
Wow! It's one thing to knowingly go into danger, but to be told it is ok. I wonder why isn't this a bigger story in the other news outlets?
Old 12-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #213
HRnB
Administrator

Because the big money in the energy business has so much money they can keep it on the down-low. The Koch brothers and ExxonMobile (which I hate to hate on, because I love Mobil1) are only the ones that couldn't hide anymore. They tried hiding in plain sight, but it turned on them because we are a fast info world now and they can't stay ahead of the people anymore. Whistle blowers can follow the money like a bloodhound these days.
So now they "somehow" (tons of pay offs) are able to fund the climate change counter-movement in secret by calling it "dark money" and comes from a new foundation called Donors Trust. So now it can't be tracked. All they can track is the dollar amount that is "on paper". And because Donors Trust is a non profit, no one will ever know how much money that goes in, never goes out because the money is concealed.

The climate change countermovement is a well-funded and organized effort to undermine public faith in climate science and block action by the U.S. government to regulate emissions. This countermovement involves a large number of organizations, including conservative think tanks, advocacy groups, trade associations and conservative foundations, with strong links to sympathetic media outlets like Fox news and the likes as well as conservative politicians.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #214
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

Not sure that applies in this case and I didn't know Fox was the only other news outlet. That being said, here is an article that floated across Yahoo (such a reliable new source...).

http://news.yahoo.com/special-report...001440505.html
Old 12-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #215
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporstang View Post
Not sure that applies in this case and I didn't know Fox was the only other news outlet
That's why I said "fox news and the likes". I don't even feel it's nessary to mention the others like Limbaugh anymore. It's so unbearably obvious.

As for that Yahoo article, ......someone has to do it?

Old 12-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #216
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I hate the heat. I like it when it's 60 outside. Once it hits about 45 in the winter time I'm wearing t-shirts and no jacket. Some people can't stand cold weather, and to them I say good, gtfo of my awesome state, less people the better Many days especially in fall and spring I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt no jacket when I scrape ice off my window.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #217
HRnB
Administrator

Quote:
gtfo of my awesome state, less people the better
....said Ted Kaczynski and Russell Eugene Weston, Jr.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #218
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

VIDEO GAMES SAVED THE DAY!

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...191039496.html

Quote:
12-year-old stays up late gaming, saves family from fire

and people thought videogames were just the cause of violence and the decline of our education system! shame!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #219
HRnB
Administrator

That's really grabbing at straws. He probably started the fire when he lost at world of black opps mindcraft II. lol

Old 12-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #220
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

Default 10 Coolest Archaeology Discoveries of 2013

"Some Europeans may be part Iceman. The astonishingly well-preserved mummy ofÖtzi the Iceman, who was found in the Italian Alps, may have at least 19 living relatives, a new genetic analysis revealed."

http://news.yahoo.com/10-coolest-arc...181435141.html
Old 12-31-2013, 02:27 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement