Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Big B1ack Bear charlesgarrettshelton
Default '07 GT or '11 WRX?

so lately ive just been tossing around the idea of perhaps getting a new car. Mine is getting up there in miles, its automatic , and has a few nicks and dings on it now. plus being a daily driver the mpg is a concern. i can afford the gas but i can't afford much of anything else because of it. lol. i found a 2011 wrx on craigslist with 28k miles for $15.9k. im kinda of a subie fanboy next to mustangs and ive read up on them a little bit. apparently 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are pretty close on these two, not that i have ever been to the track or do 0-60 runs all the time, but get up and go is important. i also frequently have friends in my car so the four doors wouldnt be bad either. now basically what would you guys do? i think we all know the subie takes it in handling and the stang would probably take it in straight line speed. oh and the impreza is a stick . thanks guys!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Member #131
'02gtgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Those WRX's are cool. Generally the Subaru's have a rep for reliability and blah lbah, but I doubt that car will see an improvement in your fuel mileage, and if you can't afford much else because of the fuel economy then you should get a car that has much better fuel economy first and foremost even if its got half the power of your 07.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
GCCBrian
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang GT
@blahdo_s197gt

Wouldn't waste my money on a WRX.

I have a 2006 Mustang GT that's basically stock. Other than the 18" OEM wheels i added and the pypes offroad x pipe, with mobil 1 full synthetic and 91 octane i just literally spanked a 2013 subaru wrx hatchback on the freeway.

We started at a third gear pull I was at 70mph and we went all the way up to 135 and I was a good car and a half ahead of him. We both slowed down back to 75 and the look on his face was hilarious. Gave me a thumbs up and off I went.

Subaru's are cool but for the money you're spending i'd rather go out and put another 10k down and buy a 07-09 gt500 for $25-35,000
GCCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
GCCBrian
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang GT
@blahdo_s197gt

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4265889332.html
GCCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
'02gtgarrett
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Big B1ack Bear charlesgarrettshelton

well yeah. theres no way id spend that money on a new wrx. but i found one used for $15k so thats i wouldnt reakky spend any money. and im 17 so i cant just put another 10k down. lol. if i could i would.

Member #131
'02gtgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #6
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Vehicle: 1994 Mustang Super Special Hooker Edition GT

Wrx's aren't very good on gas at all, nice cars though

I would pick up a Hyundai pony if I was you

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass02gt View Post
even if I had *****, I wouldn't know what to do with them.
Pictures of my Deck!
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:32 PM   #7
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT/CS

Is the WReX an STI? If not, I'd keep the Mustang. I don't ever have more than one passenger, and I'm not too keen on the pedestrian, secretary styling of the WReX, so the Mustang gets my vote. I do appreciate the technical specs, but I'm not that interested until they can package that drive train into the BRZ.

If the WReX is an STI, I might be inclined to make the trade as long as it didn't cost me anything... and I mean that. Not one dime. If you cant afford gas, you cant afford the trade. When my car was stock, I was getting 21-23mpg in mixed driving and better than 30 on the highway. Do you really think a WReX can do much better? Take your foot out of it once in a while

Keep in mind, the Mustang has a MUCH higher ceiling when it comes to mods and a few well planned suspension mods will make a Mustang competitive with the suby's awd and independent suspension.
2007 GT/CS: custom twin turbo by P&Performance, FRPP TB & intake manifold, Comp XFI stage II NSR cams, heads by Total Engine Airflow, FRPP X-pipe, Corsa Sport exhaust, Steeda Sport springs, Koni Sport shocks/struts, DSS aluminum driveshaft, AMR 19" wheels.
417/412 hp/tq @ 4psi
DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM STS!!!!!
breathegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
akiba17
Moderado El Jefe

Vehicle: 06 broS197 GT

Neither this is what you need

Click the image to open in full size.

Stock....except for the cai, Steeda CMDP, Brenspeed 93 tune, Flowmaster 60 series, Ford Racing strut and control arm brace, Koni shocks, Steeda Sport springs, Whiteline Watt's link and sway bars, GT500 brakes, and a healthy coating of dirt since I'm too lazy to wash it.
akiba17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #9
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
Shelty429
Send a message via AIM to Shelty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCBrian View Post
i just literally spanked a 2013 subaru wrx hatchback on the freeway.

you spanked a car on the freeway? was the car being naughty? or did you mean figuratively?

also I second the Hyundai Pony

this

equals

and it will get you these

1966 Chevy Bel Air wagon. 700r4, hedman hedders, and other stuff

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.-company car with 1/4 million miles on the clock

'91 5.0 5-speed-- sold :-(

Last edited by Shelty; 01-11-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Shelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #10
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT

Buy a drug smuggler submarine and make mad bank with Columbia's finest product and buy both the GT500 and STI!!

"Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps."
Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear BBC
daredevil95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
gtcs, mustang, racecar, subaru, wrx