Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #1
DCzapla
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 MUSTANG GT
Default i must be an old man here

I have an excellent 2007 GT. And yes I have the typical mods CAI, and a tuner. Im not really interested in going all out with my car....it looks good, sounds great as i get compliments on it all the time. So i have no desire the put a SC on it and run mad crazy horsepower. I dont know maybe im weird.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
DCzapla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 gt cs

What do you mean by old?, it's your car you get to do what you want to, isn't living in a free country great, you get to do what you want, say what you want and nobody gives a S#$t, well, almost nobody. Me, I couldn't wait to load on the blower etc. etc. and there's no end in sight.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT
Spartaperformance

I feel same way. I have an 07, manual with CAI, GT-500 Throttlebody, Steeda CMRC, and underdrives it put down 300RWHP, since then added ARH long tubes and what difference up top. The car spins tires now, why would I spend thousands more for an SC to blow them off the rims. I have a high 12 second and it pretty consistent and fast enough to take out a lot of other cars if need arises.
SpartaPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

My '07 GT's only performance mods are CAI & tune and wider, stickier tires. I have a lot of other "joys" in my life that also get my attention (and wallet). My GT isn't my DD so everytime I get behind the wheel it's like the first time. Yeah, going FI would be nice but not near the top of my priority list. A.K.A. you're not alone. 58 here...
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #5
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 gt cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
My '07 GT's only performance mods are CAI & tune and wider, stickier tires. I have a lot of other "joys" in my life that also get my attention (and wallet). My GT isn't my DD so everytime I get behind the wheel it's like the first time. Yeah, going FI would be nice but not near the top of my priority list. A.K.A. you're not alone. 58 here...
I might have you all beat: 10-2-1944
Old 01-23-2014, 01:15 AM   #6
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Turbo V6; 2005 V6->V8 swap beast

I love these 'too old' threads! Just because we get older doesn't mean we cant have fun with our toys! Make it what you want, keep it stock, slightly modded, whatever you desire. If you've thought about drag racing at a track but have not done so yet...do it! Show them young fellers what fer.
One thing I love about these cars is they're easy to modify to be what you want, and plenty of advice and parts online. My first Mustang was "my wife's" car, a tame V6...for awhile. Then mods started, and kept on. Now that car is a v8 beast, and we drive another V6, "slightly modded" (with a turbo). I thoroughly enjoy both cars, and love driving both of them.
Don't be ashamed to be older and drive a Mustang!
Old 01-23-2014, 03:22 AM   #7
duaner

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size. 3-12-44 '08 plus '91 Supra turbo.

Last edited by duaner; 01-23-2014 at 03:26 AM. Reason: add picture
duaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:04 AM   #8
audioAl
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Candy 3.7

Here ya go, 55 March 20th! I've owned three candy red hot rods, one was a chevy, 67 camaro. Burn rubber & lovin the Twisty's! Alan in sunny Seadrift.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn_DSCN0209.JPG (100.4 KB, 3 views)
adj. panhard bar,BMR lca's, Whiteline brackets,Stack Racing rear springs,18x9" Razor rims/255/40/18'sGT Radials/ Tuned by Motorvationefi
2014 DIB 3.7 Airaid tube, Yokohama S-drive 275/40/18 on Shelby razors/Boss tower brace/BMR lca's
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #9
DCzapla
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 MUSTANG GT

You guys are so right. It just seems like everybody is throwing a superchargef at their mustang these days. Used to be guys would build a car part by part, and put their blood sweat,and tears into a car. Im not so sure the passion is the same. No offense is implied
DCzapla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
MBDiagMan
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT, Five Speed

If lack of mods is a sign of being an old coot, then I'm most certainly guilty as charged.

Bought my '06 GT, five speed Labor Day of 2006. It now has 56,000 miles and is still stone stock.

I do understand DC's comment about building a car piece by piece. In my younger years I built three cars from a frame on saw horses UP. I modified numerous other cars sort of one piece at a time.

It is indeed a different world today when it comes to twisting those real wheels harder.

BTW, I'll turn 65 in May.
MBDiagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:01 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement