Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #11
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT

I have an even better monkey wrench to throw in. Have you been buying Ford Genuine or Ford Motorcraft?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
SpartaPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #12
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

There are a lot of things on your car that the generics or regular other brands make just fine as replacement parts or items especially maintenance crap. I think the OEM headlight brand for example is Sylvania. Most vehicles are like that.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #13
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT

Sham Wow!

707 HP 651 TQ 13 PSI

[IMG][/IMG]
Weather Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #14
Xann27
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014, Ford Mustang
Xann27

Isnt it nice that people here are being tools about this? I keep a binder for ALL ford work done on my car. oil changes done at ford dealerships, (even tho I enjoy changing oil myself) repair work done AT ford collision centers from a rear ending done to me 3 months after buying the car, motor craft air filters, all records. so when (IF) I go to sell it, i can hand over ALL ford documents to the new owner, as proof I kept the car as best I could. Being classy and responsible with a vehicle shows alot. And keeps better value.
Eibach Sportline Lowering kit
Steeda X3 Street tune
AR billet upper/lower Front grills
Xann27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #15
Art161
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xann27 View Post

As far as the battery goes, the batteries made by ford are probably going to be pricy. and not give you as good of performance as, say, an Optima battery. Check out optima's website for applications you would feel most comfortable with. cold weather, warm weather, crazy car stereo, they make only batteries and specialize in it. i'd swear by Optima. but again, keeping it all genuine and stock, its a good feeling knowing your value is justified by piece of mind.
Ford's Motorcraft batteries and Optima batteries are both manufactured by Johnson Controls (Johnson Controls owns Optima), and the Motorcraft battery with the 36 month free replacement warranty sells for $119.95. I consider that a reasonable price. If you're on the road and your battery goes bad, I think you will find it easier to find a Ford dealer than an Optima dealer who will honor the warranty. Optima states that some retailers may not honor the warranty if you did not purchase the battery from that retailer. Just make sure you have the purchase invoice, whichever battery you choose.
Rear Spoiler Delete
Interior Sport Appearance Package
MGW EJECT Power Point Plug

The more you know, the less you don't know.
Art161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #16
Xann27
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014, Ford Mustang
Xann27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art161 View Post
Ford's Motorcraft batteries and Optima batteries are both manufactured by Johnson Controls (Johnson Controls owns Optima), and the Motorcraft battery with the 36 month free replacement warranty sells for $119.95. I consider that a reasonable price. If you're on the road and your battery goes bad, I think you will find it easier to find a Ford dealer than an Optima dealer who will honor the warranty. Optima states that some retailers may not honor the warranty if you did not purchase the battery from that retailer. Just make sure you have the purchase invoice, whichever battery you choose.
So, an Optima Red top battery is the same as a motorcraft battery?
Eibach Sportline Lowering kit
Steeda X3 Street tune
AR billet upper/lower Front grills
Xann27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #17
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xann27 View Post
So, an Optima Red top battery is the same as a motorcraft battery?
What?!?!?! NO!
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:55 PM   #18
jz78817
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT

Washer fluid? C'mon, man. All regular washer fluid is a blend of methanol and water with a little blue dye mixed in. It doesn't matter if it's Motorcraft or not. A part being christened "Motorcraft" doesn't necessarily mean Ford made it; on the other hand it's a bit of a warm fuzzy that it meets Ford specs and probably comes from the same supplier(s) as the factory part. As an example, a " Motorcraft" oil filter is most likely made by Purolator or Wix (and these days, most likely in China,) who sell the same damn filter under a dozen other brand names.

Last edited by jz78817; 02-20-2014 at 07:59 PM.
jz78817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #19
2k232
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang 3.7 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
Washer fluid? C'mon, man. All regular washer fluid is a blend of methanol and water with a little blue dye mixed in. It doesn't matter if it's Motorcraft or not. A part being christened "Motorcraft" doesn't necessarily mean Ford made it; on the other hand it's a bit of a warm fuzzy that it meets Ford specs and probably comes from the same supplier(s) as the factory part. As an example, a " Motorcraft" oil filter is most likely made by Purolator or Wix, who sell the same damn filter under a dozen other brand names.
wellllll I dont think thats true about the oil filter/motorcraft oils....

maybe im wrong...but ive heard the motorcraft filter/oil is actually really good. (not as good as mobil 1 or royal purple)

Member#167
2012 mustang 3.7 M6 Black/Black/Black
JLT Intake 93R Bama tune Muffler delete SR Springs SR Panhard Bar and some other stuff
2k232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #20
jz78817
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k232 View Post
wellllll I dont think thats true about the oil filter/motorcraft oils....

maybe im wrong...but ive heard the motorcraft filter/oil is actually really good. (not as good as mobil 1 or royal purple)
Ford doesn't make oil filters. They buy them. At least as recently as 2009, Motorcraft oil filters were sourced from Purolator.

Same for oil. Ford doesn't make oil. They specify a viscosity and API certification level, and anything which meets that is golden.
jz78817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:06 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement