MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://mustangforums.com/forum/off-topic-10/)
-   -   question about genuine ford parts (http://mustangforums.com/forum/off-topic/706752-question-about-genuine-ford-parts.html)

RazorGT 02-19-2014 07:59 PM

question about genuine ford parts

since this mustang i have is only 30k miles and so far everything is 100% FORD GENUINE besides the short antenna and sequential tail lights, i want to keep it genuine unless a known faulty part fails. Also I will only take it to the dealer for service.

However, some guy suckered me into buying Preston wiper fluid for sub zero weather and I got rid of all my genuine fluid :( does anyone know what the ford genuine wiper fluid is called?

Also it seems like my Motocraft battery is still stock, but its been running and working godly, (even though this winter i drove it) so if it ever needs replacing i will be sure to get another motorcraft battery.

otherwise...can't really think of anything else for now....on my last mustang I would get the autozone duralast parts but it was near 200k miles and i diddnt have a job and I bought the car used for like 3k, and it was a 98 v6, however it served me extremely well until i traded it in for this car. the interior and exterior were in perfect condition and everyone i showed wouldn't believe it had 180k miles.

Nuke 02-19-2014 08:09 PM

Be sure to wear your Motorcraft jeans and Motorcraft shoes when you sit on your Motorcraft seat and step on your Motorcraft carpet. What have you been doing for fuel? I don't recall ever seeing Motorcraft gas pumps.

Really?

RazorGT 02-19-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuke (Post 8351544)
Be sure to wear your Motorcraft jeans and Motorcraft shoes when you sit on your Motorcraft seat and step on your Motorcraft carpet. What have you been doing for fuel? I don't recall ever seeing Motorcraft gas pumps.

Really?

BP, says on my gas tank they recommend BP for fuel, but what about wiper fluid?

Xann27 02-19-2014 08:10 PM

well, some parts are "better" than genuine stock. but, "genuine stock" parts are made in a fasion that they will last an extremely long time. as far as wiper fluid goes, call up a ford dealer and ask what they use. more often than not, genuine ford parts go by the name "Motorcraft" altho ford has been known to use outside fluids as stock. like for my 14 GT, the oil is Mobile 1 synthetic blend. not motorcraft.

As far as the battery goes, the batteries made by ford are probably going to be pricy. and not give you as good of performance as, say, an Optima battery. Check out optima's website for applications you would feel most comfortable with. cold weather, warm weather, crazy car stereo, they make only batteries and specialize in it. i'd swear by Optima. but again, keeping it all genuine and stock, its a good feeling knowing your value is justified by piece of mind.

Nuke 02-19-2014 08:11 PM

I'm sure Ford uses whatever they can get the cheapest for wiper fluid. I'm pretty sure you won't void your warranty if you buy the wiper fluid at WalMart.

Nuke 02-19-2014 08:13 PM

I'll let you know if I find Motorcraft air to top off your tires...

RazorGT 02-19-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xann27 (Post 8351546)
well, some parts are "better" than genuine stock. but, "genuine stock" parts are made in a fasion that they will last an extremely long time. as far as wiper fluid goes, call up a ford dealer and ask what they use. more often than not, genuine ford parts go by the name "Motorcraft" altho ford has been known to use outside fluids as stock. like for my 14 GT, the oil is Mobile 1 synthetic blend. not motorcraft.

As far as the battery goes, the batteries made by ford are probably going to be pricy. and not give you as good of performance as, say, an Optima battery. Check out optima's website for applications you would feel most comfortable with. cold weather, warm weather, crazy car stereo, they make only batteries and specialize in it. i'd swear by Optima. but again, keeping it all genuine and stock, its a good feeling knowing your value is justified by piece of mind.

alright thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuke (Post 8351548)
I'll let you know if I find Motorcraft air to top off your tires...

lol thanks man

RazorGT 02-19-2014 08:21 PM

actually ya i heard many people say that BOSCH makes really great products that are many times better than OEM and cheaper too.

Csrt4to5.0gt 02-19-2014 08:25 PM

I only use motorcraft air-fresheners in my '13 Ford Motorcraftstang.

Goldenpony 02-19-2014 08:40 PM

I have never used anything but genuine Ford blinker fluid. My blinkers have never had a problem.