Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: Mustang GT No Bailout Premium Edition
Default question about genuine ford parts

since this mustang i have is only 30k miles and so far everything is 100% FORD GENUINE besides the short antenna and sequential tail lights, i want to keep it genuine unless a known faulty part fails. Also I will only take it to the dealer for service.

However, some guy suckered me into buying Preston wiper fluid for sub zero weather and I got rid of all my genuine fluid does anyone know what the ford genuine wiper fluid is called?

Also it seems like my Motocraft battery is still stock, but its been running and working godly, (even though this winter i drove it) so if it ever needs replacing i will be sure to get another motorcraft battery.

otherwise...can't really think of anything else for now....on my last mustang I would get the autozone duralast parts but it was near 200k miles and i diddnt have a job and I bought the car used for like 3k, and it was a 98 v6, however it served me extremely well until i traded it in for this car. the interior and exterior were in perfect condition and everyone i showed wouldn't believe it had 180k miles.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Be sure to wear your Motorcraft jeans and Motorcraft shoes when you sit on your Motorcraft seat and step on your Motorcraft carpet. What have you been doing for fuel? I don't recall ever seeing Motorcraft gas pumps.

Really?
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Be sure to wear your Motorcraft jeans and Motorcraft shoes when you sit on your Motorcraft seat and step on your Motorcraft carpet. What have you been doing for fuel? I don't recall ever seeing Motorcraft gas pumps.

Really?
BP, says on my gas tank they recommend BP for fuel, but what about wiper fluid?
Old 02-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
Xann27
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014, Ford Mustang
Xann27

well, some parts are "better" than genuine stock. but, "genuine stock" parts are made in a fasion that they will last an extremely long time. as far as wiper fluid goes, call up a ford dealer and ask what they use. more often than not, genuine ford parts go by the name "Motorcraft" altho ford has been known to use outside fluids as stock. like for my 14 GT, the oil is Mobile 1 synthetic blend. not motorcraft.

As far as the battery goes, the batteries made by ford are probably going to be pricy. and not give you as good of performance as, say, an Optima battery. Check out optima's website for applications you would feel most comfortable with. cold weather, warm weather, crazy car stereo, they make only batteries and specialize in it. i'd swear by Optima. but again, keeping it all genuine and stock, its a good feeling knowing your value is justified by piece of mind.
Eibach Sportline Lowering kit
Steeda X3 Street tune
AR billet upper/lower Front grills
Xann27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

I'm sure Ford uses whatever they can get the cheapest for wiper fluid. I'm pretty sure you won't void your warranty if you buy the wiper fluid at WalMart.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Old 02-19-2014, 08:13 PM   #6
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I'll let you know if I find Motorcraft air to top off your tires...
Old 02-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xann27 View Post
well, some parts are "better" than genuine stock. but, "genuine stock" parts are made in a fasion that they will last an extremely long time. as far as wiper fluid goes, call up a ford dealer and ask what they use. more often than not, genuine ford parts go by the name "Motorcraft" altho ford has been known to use outside fluids as stock. like for my 14 GT, the oil is Mobile 1 synthetic blend. not motorcraft.

As far as the battery goes, the batteries made by ford are probably going to be pricy. and not give you as good of performance as, say, an Optima battery. Check out optima's website for applications you would feel most comfortable with. cold weather, warm weather, crazy car stereo, they make only batteries and specialize in it. i'd swear by Optima. but again, keeping it all genuine and stock, its a good feeling knowing your value is justified by piece of mind.
alright thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
I'll let you know if I find Motorcraft air to top off your tires...
lol thanks man
Old 02-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

actually ya i heard many people say that BOSCH makes really great products that are many times better than OEM and cheaper too.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:25 PM   #9
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2015 Ford Mustang GT premium

I only use motorcraft air-fresheners in my '13 Ford Motorcraftstang.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:40 PM   #10
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I have never used anything but genuine Ford blinker fluid. My blinkers have never had a problem.
18" "Fanblade Wheels"
CORSA Performance exhaust
Brenspeed 87 octane performance tune
MGW Shifter
Goldenpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:40 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement