Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #21
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0Taurass View Post
Dude if you can't pay off loans in like 5 years you're doing it wrong. I graduated with 50k and while huge, it isn't a dramatic eternal lifetime debt like you're making it out to be.
Most people who graduate with 4 year degree's and 50k debt like yourself are not so lucky to find jobs to do so. I know a few people in that situation, with decent degrees (not some phooey liberal arts) who are working crappy jobs just to pay off the school debt. If you look on the net there are several thousands more in that situation. All I am saying is having professional work profile along with college degree is a plus,and getting out as much debt free as possible is great.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Mr Graystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:34 AM   #22
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Focus Coupe

It wasn't so much luck as going for a decent paying degree, doing a ton of internships / on campus research positions and a ton of networking and extra curriculars. That **** does add up to help
Old 08-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #23
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

Pro Tip: Go to a community college till you get most of your credits, then go to some fancy expensive school for your senior year so you have the big name on your diploma.

Also, there is a pic of my sister in med school in the pics of people on this forum thread.. go dig for it if you want it.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe

Last edited by Mishri; 08-08-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #24
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Vehicle: 92 Geo Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Graystang View Post
this means... Live a dull life, Never do anything fun and save all your money. Then when you are free to spend it all you DIE! Leaving all the chips you earned to someone who does not deserve it. Also, go to school early so you rack up thousands upon thousands in debt, so you spend a majority of that dull life paying off an education that you earned to earn you money that you will not get to play with before you die.

f**K that, buy a stripper or two and get some real life experience. Then save up some money and pay for majority of college out of pocket so the debt you accrue is no gonna kill you in the long run.
I have no idea what you're assuming or why you think having an education and a better paying job leads to a crappy life with less money. Yes, if you go to an expensive school for a philosophy degree, things might not work out. Don't be stupid and you'll be better off in the long run.

GO BEERS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
Or anus
redass02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:10 PM   #25
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass02gt View Post
I have no idea what you're assuming or why you think having an education and a better paying job leads to a crappy life with less money. Yes, if you go to an expensive school for a philosophy degree, things might not work out. Don't be stupid and you'll be better off in the long run.
I have no idea why'd you assume to assume that assuming that having a education and better paying job will be had from gaining an College education right out of the wonder years. Some times not being stupid is not trying to be smart when you are at a stupid age in life.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #26
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Because the vast majority of "better paying jobs" require a college education. That's hardly an assumption.

It's not exactly a requirement that you act smart and "adult" to attend a university. Millions of people go to college as teenagers.

GO BEERS!
Quote:
Or anus
Old 08-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #27
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass02gt View Post
Because the vast majority of "better paying jobs" require a college education. That's hardly an assumption.

It's not exactly a requirement that you act smart and "adult" to attend a university. Millions of people go to college as teenagers.
Out of the millions of college teens who attend, how many of them actually earn a degree or a job that pays them well off out the gate to make sure they live comfortable, And pay off the debt they accrue during that time at the University ? The old motto of finish high school, go to college, buy a house and you will live happily ever after is now bull schit.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #28
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Focus Coupe

Quote:
Out of the millions of college teens who attend, how many of them actually earn a degree or a job that pays them well off out the gate to make sure they live comfortable, And pay off the debt they accrue during that time at the University ? The old motto of finish high school, go to college, buy a house and you will live happily ever after is now bull schit.
Out of my group of friends from highschool it went as follows-

Me- Materials Science and Engineering degree- $50k+ job
Friend 1- Materials Science and Engineering degree- $50k+ job
Friend 2- Mechanical Engineering degree- $50k+ job
Friend 3- Mechanical Engineering degree- $50k+ job
Friend 4- Computer Engineering degree- $50k+ job
Friend 5- Pharmacy degree- $110k+ job
Friend 6- English degree- No job, fired from unpaid internship

So based on my sample size of 7 people, over 85% of teenagers who start college end up in well paying jobs!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #29
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0Taurass View Post
Out of my group of friends from highschool it went as follows-

Me- Materials Science and Engineering degree- $50k+ job
Friend 1- Materials Science and Engineering degree- $50k+ job
Friend 2- Mechanical Engineering degree- $50k+ job
Friend 3- Mechanical Engineering degree- $50k+ job
Friend 4- Computer Engineering degree- $50k+ job
Friend 5- Pharmacy degree- $110k+ job
Friend 6- English degree- No job, fired from unpaid internship

So based on my sample size of 7 people, over 85% of teenagers who start college end up in well paying jobs!
You mean 85% of your bro'skies who started college as a teen ended up with a well paying job and comparing that to the national average is well... dumb.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #30
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Quote:
Amongst people I know with college degrees vs. without and how they are doing in life, I'd say there is a very visible difference. There are always exceptions, but the trend is pretty obvious that having a decent college degree is the way to better pay.

GO BEERS!
Quote:
Or anus
Old 08-08-2014, 07:34 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement