Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #11
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: a car

HOA... Yeah, I would rather deal with squatters then to have my freedom with something I own restricted. Freedom is something awesome, just saying.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Mr Graystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #12
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Vehicle: .

agree with rmodz. i live in a newer development sans HOA. Nver had loud parties, houses painted obnoxious colors, or any of the other "if i don't move into a place with a HOA X will happen!" things. That said there ARE some good HOA but they are FEW and far in between.
simpsonfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:48 PM   #13
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

HOA's ARE FOR FAGS

just kidding I have no idea whats going on in here
Old 08-18-2014, 01:27 AM   #14
BlueBells96

Vehicle: 2000

punch him square in the mouth
Old 08-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #15
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Vehicle: Ford F150

Pro Tip: You can still live in a relatively crime free neighborhood without paying HOA fees and dealing with their crap. You talk to a cop or dispatcher. "Is XXX avenue a good neighborhood?"

I almost bit a bullet by buying a house that was awesomely priced, and it "looked" like a good neighborhood. It was actually one of the worst places in this city to live. Looks can be deceiving!
Old 08-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #16
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcat View Post
Pro Tip: You can still live in a relatively crime free neighborhood without paying HOA fees and dealing with their crap. You talk to a cop or dispatcher. "Is XXX avenue a good neighborhood?"

I almost bit a bullet by buying a house that was awesomely priced, and it "looked" like a good neighborhood. It was actually one of the worst places in this city to live. Looks can be deceiving!
what aboot trullia crime search on a listing's page eh?
Old 08-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #17
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

How the HOA operates really has to do with who is in charge of it or who the board members are. My condo before my house had an HOA and my current home has an HOA. Condo HOA was fine until we voted in this retired dude that seemed pretty laid back. Turned out he was a busy body and quickly pissed off just about everyone being all nitpicky. We quickly had him removed and replaced with a more reasonable individual.

Current HOA, was easy going when we first moved in, then I got a notice (after we voted in some new people) that we couldn't park cars in the street or driveway, "That's what the garage is intended for" That didn't last too long. Especially since there was nothing against it in the CC&Rs.

Sorry but I had 5 cars in my household at one time. 2 car garage + 2 in the driveway means one on the street any way you slice it. I quickly found that he was pissed off at his former HOA for being unreasonable and was looking to prove a point.....other than he was a d**k I have no idea what his point was...? Anwyays, all's good now.

Moral of the story, all depends on who is on the board and how the CC&R rules are written. Always read the rules before you buy. If you don't like the rules, don't buy the house. Even then, there will be times it's a PITA. That will pass. I personally liked having parks and walking trails that were maintained for private use. And the fact our hillbilly renter neighbors couldn't BBQ in their front yard or have broken down jalopy's parked in the front yard... They tried but got the Landlord pissed off enough to kick them out when they kept getting cited/complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #18
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

Yes, some HOAs are reasonable, my sister's old house was in one that the only rules were about how big a house had to be to be there and how much property (It was upper class area, so 1 acre and 3,200sqft minimum size). No other rules.

That one sucks, if you want to work on your car, have a space in the garage so you can work on it, otherwise move. I'm assuming they don't want to see anyone's hood up or tire pressure being checked in the driveway. Gear heads like you have no place there where they all take their cars in to be worked on while they get their hair did.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #19
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Vehicle: 92 Geo Metro

Yeah... my vote is with the people who say to never ever ever buy a house with an HOA. You get to pay the HOA so they can **** you in the rear, what a bargain. If you "buy" a house with an HOA, you're really just renting the house from the HOA anyway. Unfortunately, OP, you moved into their area under their rules.

GO BEERS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
Or anus
redass02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #20
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible

There will be snow cones served in hell before I buy in an HOA community.
The only HOA I have to answer to is Mrs. Fastback.

But you signed the paper and they own your miserable *** so quit being a scoff law and stop cobbling your broken schit together in front of God and everybody in the driveway.

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:58 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement