Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
slseals

Vehicle: 2003, Ford, SVT Mustang Cobra
Default Trouble in the neighborhood for topping off my oil in driveway

I found out after we moved into our house a couple years ago that the Homeowners Association rules say I am not supposed to "work on my car" in the driveway. I have tried to do my best to pull the car in the garage before I do anything other than check the oil or put air in the tires. Oh, and did I mention that I have the great privilege of living next door to the Homeowner Association President. So, very long story short, I had to replace my washer pump on the 2003 Cobra I just bought, so I pulled it most way in the garage, changed out the pump and then changed the oil while I was at it. Then I backed it into the driveway with the hood up, to let it set for a few minutes and let the oil settle back out to top it off, and so I could clean up and put tools away. So, then I top it off and my wife comes out and asks me to show her how to check her oil in the new Pilot she just got, so I did that. Then I am putting my funnel away and about to drop the hood and over walks my neighbor to say hi, and then he starts to tell me that he knows I am aware that the rules say that I am not allowed to work on my car in the driveway, and I said are you serious? I just did all the work in the garage like I am supposed to and then backed it out to top it off and show my wife how to check her oil. He tells me he sells auto parts and he knows what changing my oil and working on my brakes looks like. I said if he sold parts and knew anything about cars he would know that I was just topping off my oil and everything else was in the garage. He basically calls me a liar and then my wife jumped in and told him he didn't know what he was talking about. He said he didn't want to argue about it and crawled back to his hole.

I was so pissed I couldn't see straight. This is the same guy that mows the lawn without a shirt and his big fat belly hanging out, that really makes the neighborhood classy!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
slseals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
CPTCO
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

That's why I will never live in an HOA. Even a condo would be better.

This guys sounds like he has let ALL the power of running an HOA go to his head.

Performance White-Sonic Blue Stripes-Roush TVS 2300-Pypes Violators Axle Backs-Pypes X Pipe-FRPP 4.10 Gears-MGW-BBK LCAs
CPTCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Vehicle: 2011 3.7 Premium

Ah HOA, such a great system.

2011 Coupe - 3.7 Premium - BAMA tune, AirRaid CAI, GT500 spoiler, staggered AMR 20's, BMR PHB & LCAs. Eibach springs, and sways, Raxiom Navi, Roush axlebacks, BBK headers
Matt's 95 Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

HOA's are the worst and best thing for a neighborhood.

But I have to ask, why couldn't you pull the car in the garage all the way and top off your oil in the garage? I do because my garage floor is flat and my driveway is angled.

Also, there aren't any rules about him mowing his lawn with his fat gut hanging out. But maybe you'll get luck and one of these days he'll mow the lawn with no pants and you can walk over and ask him if he knows the rules of the law about open penising.

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #5
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Vehicle: 1965, ford, mustang fastback
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65

sell the house and remember not to be stupid next time and buy property where someone else has control over it.. especially living in georgia no self respecting southern would do such a thing
rmodel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang V6 to V8 Swap
Send a message via MSN to BWfVA

What a rear. That's why I love where I live and the place where I plan on moving. You get a nice plot of land live just far out of town to make it a short trip. And neighbors outta sight. People need to keep to themselves. I told my wife a hoa is awful. Wouldn't choose to live in one if I had a choice
BWfVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #7
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Vehicle: .

See, this is why I don't live in a HOA, it's nothing but teenagers in 40-something bodies that didn't get enough drama in HS. OP move if you can. People like that will make a life a hell for you just so they can get their dick hard.
simpsonfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #8
UPRSharad
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

Two Cents:

My wife and I are actually planning to buy a house in a gated community with a HOA. Why? Because when we moved to Florida and I had my true street car (basically a street driven X275 car) I thought it would be smart to buy a house outside of town. I can get to the grocery store or gas station within about 7 minutes. But I'm far enough out of town that no one would complain if I started up the racecar and drove it around.

Well, that was all fine and good until our house got broken into back in June. (during the day) Seems the criminals have realized that these houses out here in the country are so isolated, they can walk right in and steal whatever they want. Thank God I have a decent security system so they just ran scared after they set off the alarm. They didn't take anything. But now my wife doesn't feel safe here.

To top it off, there is ONE other house on my street... and this summer we had the joy of becoming familiar with the phrase "squatters rights". You guessed it. We had squatters move into a vacant house down the street, and I'm talkin' stereotypical thugs with long dreads, pants sagging almost down to their knees, hanging out in the middle of the street, and giving us dirty looks when we would come and go. The cops knew they were squatters (confirmed by the homeowner who is in foreclosure) but they "couldn't do anything about it."

These are just a couple of reasons why we're looking to move to a gated community with an HOA.

Like us at www.facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #9
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
Shelty429
Send a message via AIM to Shelty

squatters rules are retarded.

but yeah OP sounds like your HOA president is a dickhole.

instead of moving, next time they hold elections, run for it yourself and win, when you win, then make all sorts of rules that ruin his day... like you cant have a house painted whatever color his is. or have as many windows as his has.....

that'll show him

1966 Chevy Bel Air wagon. 700r4, hedman hedders, and other stuff

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.-company car with 1/4 million miles on the clock

'91 5.0 5-speed-- sold :-(
Shelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:08 PM   #10
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Vehicle: 1965, ford, mustang fastback
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPRSharad View Post
Two Cents:

My wife and I are actually planning to buy a house in a gated community with a HOA. Why? Because when we moved to Florida and I had my true street car (basically a street driven X275 car) I thought it would be smart to buy a house outside of town. I can get to the grocery store or gas station within about 7 minutes. But I'm far enough out of town that no one would complain if I started up the racecar and drove it around.

Well, that was all fine and good until our house got broken into back in June. (during the day) Seems the criminals have realized that these houses out here in the country are so isolated, they can walk right in and steal whatever they want. Thank God I have a decent security system so they just ran scared after they set off the alarm. They didn't take anything. But now my wife doesn't feel safe here.

To top it off, there is ONE other house on my street... and this summer we had the joy of becoming familiar with the phrase "squatters rights". You guessed it. We had squatters move into a vacant house down the street, and I'm talkin' stereotypical thugs with long dreads, pants sagging almost down to their knees, hanging out in the middle of the street, and giving us dirty looks when we would come and go. The cops knew they were squatters (confirmed by the homeowner who is in foreclosure) but they "couldn't do anything about it."

These are just a couple of reasons why we're looking to move to a gated community with an HOA.

no one said move somewhere in the middle of nowhere..just dont live in a HOA neighborhood :P I live in a historic district in georgia(think like Savannah's but a smaller town) the only real problem i have is the city making up parking rules. I laid the smack down in court last time they ticketed me though and havent heard from the code enforcer and his made up 4 car rule again LOL
rmodel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:08 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement