Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Default The Golden Rule

Morality Not Religion

Most believe in God without proof.... while atheists say there is no god also without proof! Both are opinions with no real fact or proof! Why can't more people just say, "I don't know & I don't expect to know in this life... but I don't need to know to have a clear morality to live by!" The "Golden Rule" doesn't require the Bible or Koran...in fact they often get in the way! The important elements are in morality are obvious. Who needs an organized religion to teach you that it is wrong to kill your birth mother for entertainment, or to kill the Earth we depend on for our life!

Just a thought... not an opening for religious arguments! They never go anywhere! We can't discuss Sex, Religion, or Politics because they are so important that some people can't handle them without anger!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Too cheap to buy a Shelby... but I do know adjectives other than "awesome"!
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

Morality is not natural. It requires a structure and foundation that is taught. Most people have very poor moral values (including people who consider themselves religious).

Do you think you could handle a real discussion on Morality? I'm pretty hardcore moral, not just the obvious, lying, cheating, stealing, inflicting physical pain on others. But also physically restraining someone or taking away their free will. Ending their life. For any reason. There is no justifiable reason to restrain someone, hurt them. Yet by the law of the land we say it's okay IF they are doing something wrong. Isn't it still morally wrong to hurt someone else?

Your evil act isn't justified by their evil act. (shooting a suicide bomber).

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe

Last edited by Mishri; 09-24-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: Guess

In before the religion fight!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

The natural state of things and for mammals is to take all the resources we can for ourselves by any means necessary. Humans (and some others) have discovered community, which is the beginning of morals. Which are basically just the way to interact with others and not to be kicked out of the community.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
Quote:
Old 09-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #5
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Oh.. I should also say, Ethics are what we are taught are the rules from a source such as religion. Morals is a personal principles of right and wrong... most people aren't very moral. They might ethically follow the law, but be morally bankrupt.

Quote:
Old 09-24-2014, 08:48 PM   #6
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Vehicle: 92 Geo Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
Morality Not Religion

Most believe in God without proof.... while atheists say there is no god also without proof! Both are opinions with no real fact or proof! Why can't more people just say, "I don't know & I don't expect to know in this life... but I don't need to know to have a clear morality to live by!" The "Golden Rule" doesn't require the Bible or Koran...in fact they often get in the way! The important elements are in morality are obvious. Who needs an organized religion to teach you that it is wrong to kill your birth mother for entertainment, or to kill the Earth we depend on for our life!

Just a thought... not an opening for religious arguments! They never go anywhere! We can't discuss Sex, Religion, or Politics because they are so important that some people can't handle them without anger!
If you want to discuss things, you need to start with a statement that actually complies with logic.

GO BEERS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
Or anus
redass02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:24 AM   #7
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
Shelty429
Send a message via AIM to Shelty

the new guy is already making waves.

1966 Chevy Bel Air wagon. 700r4, hedman hedders, and other stuff

2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.-company car with 1/4 million miles on the clock

'91 5.0 5-speed-- sold :-(
Shelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:07 AM   #8
akiba17
Moderado El Jefe

Vehicle: 06 broS197 GT

The golden rule? Don't make eye contact during a devils threesome?

Stock....except for the cai, Steeda CMDP, Brenspeed 93 tune, Flowmaster 60 series, Ford Racing strut and control arm brace, Koni shocks, Steeda Sport springs, Whiteline Watt's link and sway bars, GT500 brakes, and a healthy coating of dirt since I'm too lazy to wash it.
akiba17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:51 AM   #9
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Default Freedom of Religion is Crticai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelty View Post
the new guy is already making waves.
A FIGHT does not exist unless you make it one! A POLITE discussion can occur It's just a thought in 'Off Topic" some openminded person may find interesting to ponder & discuss. If ISIS wii take your head off for having any free thought about religion & morality we condemn them, but Americans do the same it is acceptable! Of course Americans just try to shut you up, but ISIS beheads you! The major difference is that we don't cut off heads!

Intolerance is the same evil coming from either, ridgid, or stupid people whose agenda is to stop PEOPLE FROM THINKING FREE thoughts! So how are the Nazi's so different when they didn't like freedom of thought!

One could just discuss IMPORTANT THINGS with a open minded people!

Old 09-25-2014, 02:54 AM   #10
Mr. D
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiba17 View Post
The golden rule? Don't make eye contact during a devils threesome?
How about a regular threesome? They can be quite nice! I suggest two sweet, giving women & myself!

Last edited by Mr. D; 09-25-2014 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:54 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement