Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible
Default Whiskey lovers! Some tasty whiskeys for Scotch Tasters Club tonight.

We have a whiskey tasting group and get together once a month to sample 5 whiskeys. Speyside was the theme for tonight. Very tasty, the first 4 had just a little smoke on the nose but not on the tongue; the last one had more smoke on the tongue but still not so overwhelming that it was a liquid cigar. Next month we will try those - the leader selected some heavy peated drams for next month.

And the host member tonight is also a sommelier so he had this sign up:
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
BlueBells96

Vehicle: 2000

So this is what rich nerds do.....
Old 10-13-2014, 10:51 PM   #3
akiba17
Moderado El Jefe

Vehicle: 06 broS197 GT 04 SRT Ram

Shut up Luke, yo Jim I want to buy a bottle of good single malt scotch, would be willing to spend 150 for a bottle, any recommendations?

Stock....except for the cai, Steeda CMDP, Brenspeed 93 tune, Flowmaster 60 series, Ford Racing strut and control arm brace, Koni shocks, Steeda Sport springs, Whiteline Watt's link and sway bars, GT500 brakes, and a healthy coating of dirt since I'm too lazy to wash it.
akiba17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #4
BlueBells96

Dirtyyyyyyyy old chivassssssssssssssss regalllll
Old 10-14-2014, 05:41 AM   #5
JimC

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiba17 View Post
Shut up Luke, yo Jim I want to buy a bottle of good single malt scotch, would be willing to spend 150 for a bottle, any recommendations?
Depends - do you like the smoky peat taste or a smoother mellower taste? Have you been a scotch drinker for awhile or just getting into it?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:13 AM   #6
BlueBells96

Hes been suckin d' sense 97
Old 10-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #7
akiba17
Moderado El Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Depends - do you like the smoky peat taste or a smoother mellower taste? Have you been a scotch drinker for awhile or just getting into it?
Every once in a while I'll drink some, I'm a fan of a smoother taste, like say Macallan 25, I remember it being so smooth, yet it is expensive as ****, I remember one drink was $75 and a bottle cost $700+, so I was wondering if there was something similar, yet much, much cheaper.

Stock....except for the cai, Steeda CMDP, Brenspeed 93 tune, Flowmaster 60 series, Ford Racing strut and control arm brace, Koni shocks, Steeda Sport springs, Whiteline Watt's link and sway bars, GT500 brakes, and a healthy coating of dirt since I'm too lazy to wash it.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #8
JimC

Let me take a look at what we've sampled and my notes. Definitely there is something in your price range. The best one last nigh, in my opinion, was the cheapest one at $60. The others were good, all under $100, but the one was my favorite.

The most expensive bottle so far was $550 and was very good. We each kick in $10 when we meet and then use that to buy the very expensive bottle that none of us would buy on our own. We can get our "kitty malt" every or 3 months. The tasting club is a great way to sample lots of whiskey because you only have to buy 1 or 2 times during the year.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #9
JimC

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiba17 View Post
Every once in a while I'll drink some, I'm a fan of a smoother taste, like say Macallan 25, I remember it being so smooth, yet it is expensive as ****, I remember one drink was $75 and a bottle cost $700+, so I was wondering if there was something similar, yet much, much cheaper.
Have you ever tried a Glenmorangie? It sounds like what you are looking for, and one of my favorite distillers. Not real smokey so you can taste the various flavors.

You can get the 18 year old extremely rare for about $110:
Tasting Notes: Notes of mandarin, banana, apple and pear. Well-textured, flavors open up to notes of apricots, nuts and vanilla, along with hints of raisins and fudge. Finish lingers with a touch of almonds and sweet citrus.

The Glenmorangie Ealanta 19 year old is good as well, for about $120. Tasting Notes: Notes of toffee and butterscotch, along with a hint of nuts. Opens up to notes of ripe fruits, oranges and lemon before leading to a chewy, sweet finish accented by a touch of chocolate and vanilla.

Or the Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or - great tasting and only about $65. Tasting Notes: Aroma of honeysuckle and creamy vanilla. Notes of rich nuts, dark chocolate and cinnamon on the palate, complemented by touches of peaches, apricots and pineapples with a subtle, peppery undertone. Finish is long and elegant, with a satisfying caramel touch.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #10
akiba17
Moderado El Jefe

Thanks man, I'll get me a bottle of the 18 on my next trip to the liquor store.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:47 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement