Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

International Travel

Old 04-23-2015, 12:31 AM   #1
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Focus Coupe
Default International Travel

So I got 2200 bucks from my federal tax refund and I have a decent chunk of vacation time coming in July. The Euro is now at an extreme low compared to the dollar, so it seems like now would be the time to travel to Europe.

Who here has traveled there, where did you go, what did you do?

Any good resources on good prices?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 04-23-2015, 12:36 AM   #2
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

Vehicle: 04 SRT Ram, 15 Fuji Heavy Industries WRX

Only been to Vancouver and Mexico, funny thing about those "random" checks on the way back in is that I'm two for two in those ****ing things
Old 04-23-2015, 12:46 AM   #3
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Focus Coupe

Hahahahaha, brown people.

I have traveled to Montreal, which was like France but cheaper. Also everyone had poutine and apologized.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:50 AM   #4
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

Vehicle: 04 SRT Ram, 15 Fuji Heavy Industries WRX

I'm actually pretty light skinned, my friend is much darker and the ****er's never been checked, this is bull**** man, they're just intimidated by my awesomeness.

The second time I got checked I was asked if I was bringing anything back I answered in the driest voice I could muster "a hangover", check lady just looked at me, laughed and waved me along.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:52 AM   #5
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible

I've been to England, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Bosnia and they all offered something unique and worthwhile. I don't know your style but I dislike group tours and prefer to go out on my own at my own pace and spend as much time as I want to where I want to. We generally would post up at a motel in a city then take day trips around wherever we were staying.

London was cool as schit, what with the Imperial War Museums, Tower of London etc. but buddy, hold on to your wallet because that place costs some serious coin. I did not have a chance to see anything except London but it is certainly worth seeing.

I was pleasantly surprised by Paris but only got to spend about 10 hours there. Notre Dame, & the Louvre were impressive and good God, the food...

Italy was pretty bad ***. We spent a couple weeks there and hit Rome, Naples, Florence and the Amalfie Coast and Venice. Except for Naples, which was nasty as hell and just had an overall bad vibe about it (arriving in the middle of a month long garbage strike will cast that pall) it was a blast. I missed seeing Roger Waters play Venice by a day.

Vienna was a beautiful laid back city with large segments of unrepentant *****. As long as you're a Christian White Boy, it's probably a really nice place to live.

Sarajevo...ahhh...Sarajevo. I left my heart in Sarajevo a hundred times over. Absolutely, without a doubt, they had the most beautiful women of anywhere I have ever seen in the world, in quantity and quality. From there it is a short ride down to the Croatian coast which is absolutely divine. Mrs. Fastback and I honeymooned in Dubrovnik.

One thing is a constant and that is that people are people and you get what you give. I found that I had the best time just dripping around, off the beaten path, so to speak. Have an idea of things that you've always wanted to see and hit those but keep it loose and play it cool.

As far as getting the best deals, have your dates set and start consistently scouring the internet like a bulldog. There are deals to be had.

Make copies of your pertinent paper work and keep them in your suitcase.
Keep your wits about you, carry your wallet in your front pocket and TRAVEL LIGHT! There is no bigger hassle than carrying a schitload of luggage around on your vacation. Keep it simple stupid. Also, you get very good exchange rates out of your ATM's. Don't go to the local money changers, they'll dry rod your ***.

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.

Last edited by fastbackford351; 04-23-2015 at 06:57 AM.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:06 AM   #6
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

I absolutely loved Ireland......the people, the beer, the whiskey, the women......did I mention the women?? Car touring all over western Ireland and having a Guiness and stew in the bar from the Quiet Man was awesome.

4.10s, Watts Link
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:08 AM   #7
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Vehicle: 1994 Mustang Super Special Hooker Edition GT

You should come to Calgary and we can drink molsons on my deck eh

Never been to Europe, have you considered se asia? I have a lot of friends that have gone to Thailand and they all say it was awesome and dirt cheap (once you get there), same with Vietnam, Laos etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass02gt View Post
even if I had *****, I wouldn't know what to do with them.
Pictures of my Deck!
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:16 PM   #8
drhoward
Dr. Integrity

Vehicle: 1994 Mustang Super Special Hooker Edition GT

http://mustangforums.com/forum/off-t...e-my-deck.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass02gt View Post
even if I had *****, I wouldn't know what to do with them.
Pictures of my Deck!
drhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:37 PM   #9
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim

yeah.. one of my friends lived for like 6 months in SE asia after he got out of the military.. just was a beach bum, partied hard, just used money he had saved up, didn't work at all.

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #10
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

Go see Doc........you might not remember much of it, but you will definitely have a good time

4.10s, Watts Link
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:50 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement