Ford's Limited Productions & Dealer Rip Offs - MustangForums.com

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Ford's Limited Productions & Dealer Rip Offs

Old 08-07-2015, 09:44 PM   #1
Mr. D
3rd Gear Member

Default Ford's Limited Productions & Dealer Rip Offs

Ford's Limited Production Models & Dealer Markups They Create

I emailed Sunrise Ford in Fontana, CA about how I felt about their pricing, but I'll let you form your own opinion of Ford's "Limited Production Models" & what markup it allows dealers to charge the Mustang Enthusiast!

Note the MSRP:

Click the image to open in full size.

Note the dealerships price:

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-07-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Mr. D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:41 PM   #2
crysalis_01
Banned!

Vehicle: 2003 Terminator Cobra
foxhound_01 mustang_r6

Find a better dealer.

/thread
-Sold-'96 Mustang-3.8L V6
"Claire"
crysalis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:14 PM   #3
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Focus Coupe

To be fair, it is 1 of 1964 vehicles. If someone wants it they can buy it. Otherwise they can get a GT for like 30k
Old 08-07-2015, 11:43 PM   #4
jwog666
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 03 mustang gt

no kidding, cant lump all dealers in with that one. we sold a 50th gt where i work at no where near that price

Kenne Bell 2.1 Twin Screw (9 PSI), Kenne Bell Big tube kit, Pypes catted x pipe, Pypes violator catback, Steeda tri-ax, 3.73's, Spec stage 1 clutch, tail light sequencers, Mach 1 grill delete & chin spoiler 405HP 427TQ at the rear wheels
jwog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:20 AM   #5
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 GT
Johnny-Goonhand
Send a message via Yahoo to kast1376

For an old guy who likes to seem like he knows everything, you sure don't know all that much. Dealer markup has been done forever by everyone. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita Girl View Post
I like happy endings. Just saying.
LM1s, MGW, MM subframes and CC, H&R SS, Blues, Bassani Catted X, 13" brakes, 3.73 gears
kast1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:21 AM   #6
Mr. D
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwog666 View Post
no kidding, cant lump all dealers in with that one. we sold a 50th gt where i work at no where near that price
You are right! I'm not lumping all dealers together. The dealer I will probably will buy from has two for sale $7K over MSRP which I would not pay on principle either. People can be suckers & buy them for $171K if they want! It's their money.

A LACK OF LOYALTY TO FORD BUYERS!

Classic cars have traditionally escalated in price over time because they were appreciated & became scarce "naturally". I think it is wrong for Ford to create Mustangs Models in "artificially created low numbers" just to set up Ford dealers to add tremendous markups over MSRP. It shows a lack of concern & gratitude for Ford's average American customer base that has supported Ford for generations! IT STINKS FORD! I can easily afford to buy any Mustang I want including a loaded GT 350, but Ford can keep their damn specialty cars if they will allow their dealers to screw the average working man for tens of thousands of dollars of extra profit over MSRP. The example I documented on this thread would likely make the dealer a profit of $30,000 after all discounts & some financing was in involved! Then the dealerships owner will probably claim he is a patriotic Christian! More like a Donald Trump money grubber I'd say!

When Ford makes a model it should price it to make the profit it wants & then sell it to "anyone who is willing to pay that amount"! Treating buyers as equal should be part of American democracy! Ford is literally telling its customers, that you can't buy our GT 350, GT 500, 50th Anniversary Mustang, etc. unless you willing to bribe a dealership with a big additional profit! "Well, some chit I will not eat, Ford! People can make all the excuses they want for Ford, but I think it stink & screws the average working guy with kids & bills that dreams of owing one of these cars, but now can't afford it! If you support what Ford & other car manufacturers are doing maybe you'd alos support Ford selling all these models of Mustangs at Mecum Auctions! The MSRP could be the reserve, or minum they will sell it at, but the "Fat Cats" & "snotty rich kids" ike Paris Hilton that inherited money can bid them up & buy them while average Americans just watch! It is another example of who is important in America today to transnational companie today, & it is not the average guy who can't afford giving a dealer a big lump of extra money for the great privilege of of buying one of these Mustangs!

The Mustang its a great car, but I will buy the base Mustang at the best price available & then use aftermarket products to build the car I want for a "hell of a lot less money" without being bent over & screwed by a Ford dealers! Ford can keep it's GT 350, GT 500, 50th Anniversary Mustang & every other model Ford builds "in artificially limited numbers" to setup Ford dealers to screw the average guy that can't pay over MSRP. I own two Ford products, but Ford does not deserve my loyalty because it has spit on the loyalty of average Americans that have bought Fords for generations! Am I ranting? Your damned right!
Old 08-08-2015, 03:31 AM   #7
Mr. D
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kast1376 View Post
For an old guy who likes to seem like he knows everything, you sure don't know all that much. Dealer markup has been done forever by everyone. Deal with it.
For a young dumbarse that thinks he knows everything you need to understand I could care less if you grease yourself up & bend over at a dealership! Call the dealership on this thread, they'll take $71K for a car that costs them about $43K! Do you have the $71K genious.... or just an impolite manner as your best quality?
Old 08-08-2015, 03:41 AM   #8
Mr. D
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0Taurass View Post
To be fair, it is 1 of 1964 vehicles. If someone wants it they can buy it. Otherwise they can get a GT for like 30k
That is exactly what I'll do, but "what is fair" about purposely building only a limited amount of models driving up the price so those that want them can be screwed by dealerships like sheep! Many of these cars are sold in biding wars between customers as dealers wait for a bigger "Lay Down" Customer that will get talked into financing a big price to get the car of their dreams! Frankly, I think it's Fords way of giving extra profit to dealers because the profit in each car sale has been reduced in recent years!

In any case as I said, people can pay $171K for a $43K car if the want to! I'm just expressing an opinion I warning some potential buyers that they are being screwed! Some poor sucker may go into one of these chit dealers & unknowingly bargain a $46K car all the way down to $69K & later find out he was screwed! If this thread says "Buyer Beware" I'll have achieved my purpose! I'll take the abuse from some of the clowns with impolite mouths around here if it helps somebody avoid being screwed by a dealer! I know a bit about the car business & it happens all the time!

I wonder if the impolite genious, kast1376 even knows that a Senator Monroney sponsored a law in 1958, which mandated disclosure of information on new automobiles to make it harder for dealers to lie to customers? Of course he did, I forgot he knows everything! At least today a buyer can look at the "Monroney sticker" & decide whether he want to be screwed buying a car "artificially produced in low numbers to drive the price up for dealerships"!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-08-2015 at 04:01 AM.
Old 08-08-2015, 03:54 AM   #9
1 Alibi 2
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 & 2014 GT500

ADM = stupid......( & there are plenty of people that have more money than brains )
They are not the only dealer trying to cash in on a " limited " production car.
If the buying public would stop allowing this BS to continue, it would go away.
One can only hope that car sits on that dealer's lot till 2020 !!
Ford has no control over what it's dealer network does, but I'm sure they get plenty of hate mail over it.

..." Chance favors the prepared mind "
2011 - lightly modded to 776 rwhp
&
2014 - detuned to 780 rwhp
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #10
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible

Hey you communist pickle puffer, profit is not a dirty word. It's called supply and demand I think it would be great for the dealership and my F stock if they can sell if for a million dollars.

And read a history book, you booger-eatin' moron. America wasn't founded as a democracy. You will not find the word 'democracy' anywhere in our founding documents, and do you know why? Because our Founding Fathers were smart enough to realize that 'democracy' is another word for 'mob rule', hence we were founded as a representative republic.

Sadly though, this is not taught anymore because the public school system is overly polluted with 'teachers' just as ignorant, stupid or as blind as your miserable, whiney ***.

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.

Last edited by fastbackford351; 08-08-2015 at 10:54 AM.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote