Auto Shops in Kansas - MustangForums.com

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

Auto Shops in Kansas

Old 02-22-2016, 10:18 AM   #1
J Leopold Kopack

Vehicle: 1982 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
Default Auto Shops in Kansas

I am looking for a Auto shop to install parts and do work on my Mustang while i'm deployed and everyone keeps bailing on me and is to scared to work on it cause they don't know current condition and wanna walk through the car with me there... The car is located in Junction city so if anyone has any contacts i would highly appreciate it.
J Leopold Kopack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #2
TrimDrip
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 93, ford, mustang lx
Clint Hadwood

Mechanics that I grew up around were always leery of going through people's stuff. They have a reputation to uphold and don't like to get a rap for being snoopy.

If you can't find someone connected, I would look into having a tow truck company or repo guy drop it off at the shop you feel most comfortably with.

Are you wanting a lot of work done?
TrimDrip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:43 AM   #3
J Leopold Kopack

The mustang has a steering wheel, driver-seat, passenger seat and a backseat lol. They can snoop i dunno what they'll find. It's nothing crazy its just fixing small things adding gauges lowering stuff like that. Nothing super crazy maybe swap out a Cam, and i'm not gonna be back for a couple months so it's not like they have a super strict time restraint and as long as the work gets done they get paid.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #4
TrimDrip
5th Gear Member

Clint Hadwood

Wiring can be a turn-off to a lot of mechanics. If it is just and instrument cluster, that isn't a big deal.

Older mechanics and racers don't mind adding tachs and gauges because a lot of them grew up doing those things for customers or to their race cars.

Have you got someone that can speak with them face to face?
Old 02-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #5
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

Wait until you get back. Trusting people with your money while you aren't there to give a final thumbs up is not recommended. ....like ever.

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:35 AM   #6
J Leopold Kopack

Fair enough about the money thing, didn't think of that. And yes i do have someone who can go face to face. Who also is HIGHLY into mustangs. He's taking car of the transport and what not. So i'm seeing if he can go in my place to talk to the mechanic, or just wait and collect parts then get back and do it.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:43 AM   #7
TrimDrip
5th Gear Member

Clint Hadwood

Honestly though, even if you do have someone you trust to take care of it, there is a good chance that the mechanic will let it sit until you get back.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:52 AM   #8
HRnB
Administrator

Vehicle: spaceship

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrimDrip View Post
Honestly though, even if you do have someone you trust to take care of it, there is a good chance that the mechanic will let it sit until you get back.
Then you get pissed off at the shop and right at that point, you might as well take it somewhere else, because they won't put any effort into it after you called them slacking dip****s.
And you'll get mad at your friend for not staying on top of it and he'll tell you to eff off and you'll put him in a head lock, then he'll slip out and punch you in the dick. Then you lose a friend over it.

....there's no going back after a dick punch.

HRnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #9
J Leopold Kopack

This is all very true, guess we all learned something here...don't dick punch your friends if you intend to keep them around...

Thanks for the help actually haha