WHY TF DID I EVER BUY A FORD?! Frustrated rant/help! - MustangForums.com

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Other > Off Topic
Search

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
Sponsored by American Muscle

WHY TF DID I EVER BUY A FORD?! Frustrated rant/help!

Old 06-29-2016, 07:17 AM   #1
TheZombieJose

Vehicle: 2006 GT
Default WHY TF DID I EVER BUY A FORD?! Frustrated rant/help!

so as i posted in my intro a while back i had been a fan of Ford Mustangs ever since I first laid eyes on one when I was around 7. Fast forward 20 or so years later and I finally have a good steady job that allows me to finally go out and try to buy an nice 06 GT (which to me is the last truly "muscle" car looking of the Mustangs).

I find one with super low mileage at Norm Reeves Ford. I get it that same day and my dream car ( that i could afford lol) is now mine. On its forst oil change i decide to take it to the Ford dealer because i figure why take it to someone else, Id rather give my business to the people that are responsible for the car itself.

I leave the lot after an oil change and when i look under the hood i notice the fluids werent topped off as advertized. No biggie, i decide to just buy the whatevwr fluids werent topped and do it myself.

Second visit to the same Ford dealer, i get there woth my car roght when they open for another oil change, am given an out time estimate of an hour, cool. After an hour i ask the status of my car "30 more minutes" im told, ok no worries. 30 minutes pass, "oh actually 15 more" whatever, ill be a little late for
work. 15 minutes pass, "oh hey im so sorry but it appears no one has actually started working on your car yet, im so sorry, the oil change will be on the house, but give us 30more minutes." Im upset and angry at this one because now im late to work but dont lose my cool.

Third visit goes well except for the fact that the shuttle that they said wouldve taken me home wasnt available after the 15 minutes they had told me to wait......45 minutes went by so i just call an Uber.

NOW, heres where **** really hits the fan. I notice issues on my car last month but when i got it i got the third party insurance they offer that covers trans mission, engine etc. I take it to the Norm Reeves dealership on June 18 as a walk in. They are understaffed so i'm fine leaving it there for the weekend. I am sent a text with a number that i can call or text to check on the status of my car. I was told the car would first be checked for the transmission issue i noticed then after it would be checked for the suspension and window issues i had as well and possible oil leak.

Monday the 21 at 4pm i sent a text asking for the status of my car, no reply back. Tuesday the 21st i text again at 1ish, nothing until I decide to call, after an hour or so of waiting for transfers after transfers and rings and hold and transfers I give up. I call the dealer back 2 hours later because I still had not been able to talk to ANYONE regarding my cars status. after about 12 minutes of waiting someone Finally helps me.

I am told taking apart the transmission takes time and thats why they didnt have an update. sure, but it shouldnt be impossible to get ahold of SOMEONE on the phone at a Ford dealership that isnt a receptionist., whatever, the guy tells me they noticed problems on the transmission that they will get new parts for and change And send a report to the insurance. Im told my transmission will be overhauled. After that they would check the rest of the problems i listed. cool.

Today, June 28, one week after that call, I get a call from Ford. Im at work so i call them back, the ping pong game of "please hold while i transfer you, let me connect you to that person, please hold, let me transfer you" is back. AGAIN. I finally get a call back: "Hey so we noticed your transmission might have issues so we need your approval to dismantle it since its $1,5000 to do so and your insurance however small the change MIGHT not cover it so i need your verbal permission to take it apart and document what pieces are causing the issues so we can send it to the insurance to see if theyll cover then" WHAT. THE. ****. how did it go from "we did it, now we have to fix it so wait a bit " to "hey we need your premission to take the transmission apart to check fcor problems to do it incase you need to foot the bill " ONE WEEK LATER.

My car has seriously been sitting at the ****ing dealership for a goddamn week. I have shelled out Already almkst a weeks and a halves worth of a rental car and FOR WHAT!?!?!? My car has been sitting there he whole time! And they havent even checked the rest of the issues because they werent going to move to those until after the transmission doagnosis and fix that i was told a WEEK AGO was already being handled.

I honestly dont know what to do, so im asking for your guys's advice. Ford and its employees have seriously made me regrett ever buying this car from them. And to think i was ever even considering trading this in down the line and upgrading to a new one? What the **** man, this is like the biggest stab in the back for someone who has been excited about being brand loyal Ford.

so now my car isnt fixed after a week and a half almost, i have to kep paying for a rental until god knows when and there is no end in sight. Are all Ford dealers and employees like this? i shouldve just gotten a Camaro , ive heard great things about Chevy and its service department and i wish now i wouldve gone that route, the dealerships manager called me back but i was busy at work, i honestly at this point want them to provide me with a loaner car until sverything is fixed and i do NOT want to shell out any money that the insirance doesnt cover, is that too much to request from the manager when i call him back? should i talk to someone else?? what would you guys do? am i wrong here?

sorry for the long post, its 4am. im tired, frustrated and angry. i typed this on my phone so obv spelling and grammar suck.

cliffnotes: Ford dealership is now ****ing with my wallet and time while my car has sat there without even being touched for a week and a half. WWJD
TheZombieJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:28 AM   #2
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

You realize that the dealership you are working is not Ford don't you? They are like a McDonald's - a franchise and free to do pretty much what they want as to how to run their business. So your problem is the place where you are taking your car for service - and that could be any place, this one happens to have a Ford franchise.

If you think that the Chevy dealer has great service, nothing stops you from taking your Mustang there. They will work on it, change oil, as well.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:31 AM   #3
TheZombieJose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
You realize that the dealership you are working is not Ford don't you? They are like a McDonald's - a franchise and free to do pretty much what they want as to how to run their business. So your problem is the place where you are taking your car for service - and that could be any place, this one happens to have a Ford franchise.

If you think that the Chevy dealer has great service, nothing stops you from taking your Mustang there. They will work on it, change oil, as well.
maybe its because im tired but im not sure whate youre saying lol 😭
Old 06-29-2016, 07:45 AM   #4
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

What I'm saying is that you are blaming "Ford" for your problems. Ford isn't your problem.

The store named "Norm Reeves Ford" is your problem.

And if they can't provide service to your satisfaction, then take your car to a different store. If the Chevy dealer in your town has good service, then go there.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:02 AM   #5
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 03 mustang gt

Quote:
What I'm saying is that you are blaming "Ford" for your problems. Ford isn't your problem.

And if they can't provide service to your satisfaction, then take your car to a different store. If the Chevy dealer in your town has good service, then go there.
exactly^^^^ not to mention your 3rd party insurance may not cover the repair, and telling you that you need to agree to pay if the insurance doesnt cover it is common practice, as the dealer doesnt work for free. that being said, the communication issues alone are enough to never go to that dealer again,find another with good service. stop bashing Ford as if somehow a person in deerborn is making it hard for you to get good service.

Kenne Bell 2.1 Twin Screw (9 PSI), Kenne Bell Big tube kit, BBK off road x pipe, Flowmaster super 44's, Snow Performance stage 2 MAF Boost Cooler, Walbro 290lph fuel pump, 40A Boost-A-Pump, Steeda tri-ax, 3.73's, Spec stage 1 clutch, Eibach swaybars, tail light sequencers, smoked headlights, LED bulbs 400HP 449TQ as of 10/2015 at the rear wheels. It feels good to be blown.
jwog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:04 AM   #6
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Vehicle: 2002 GT Convertible

...and fwiw, those 3rd party warranties are rarely worth the paper they're printed on. They'll promise you the moon and stars in the big type then take it all away in the mice-type.

and +1 on taking it to another dealership or independent mechanic. That is great advice, if a little late since they're ***** deep into you already.

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:11 AM   #7
TheZombieJose

Quote:

gotcha, unfortunately the insurance MAKES me have to go to tht specific dealership. :/ i always just assumed the service stations were Ford since everyone wears ford shirts and the places are littrred with ford logos, thats my bad.

i guess the question now with everyone agreeing woth ur main point is "what do i do now to handle this" aka having read that whats the advice on dealing with it lol
Old 06-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #8
09GT/CS
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009,Ford,Mustang

Yeah it will be covered in Ford which they buy the rights to do. But basically they are their own independent business with a license from Ford to hang the sign out front. They have some basic rules but can run it basically as they see fit. As for the warranty u less the dealer issued it you should be able to go to a y ASE or Ford certified dealer. That said dealer mechanics work on what is know as straight time which means in cases like yours if the money is not guaranteed the techs wont touch it because it's not worth it to them and then it becomes an issue between you and the service writer at that point. Most private shops bill by the hour so techs give a better service because the money is guaranteed. Plus it usually works out cheap at private shops Vs. The dealer. If I were you I'd start with trying to find a clause in the warranty that allows you to use another dealer.
2009 GT/CS Dark Candy Apple Red. Detroit Rocker Cams N/A grind. BBK tuned length shortys stock cats Flowmaster super 40 mid mounted DI/DO and 4 inch tips. SR performance lowering springs whiteline upper control arm. Eibac pro damper kit. Cervini Ram Air type 4 hood. Raxiom Nav. Shelby spoiler. Tuned by Moes Speed Shop Dallas,GA. FR500 wheels 18X9 wrapped in Nitto NT555's. Daily driven. Dynoed 304hp/311tq at the wheels.
09GT/CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:28 AM   #9
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Shelby GT500

WTphuckery is a warranty that says you have to go to a specific dealership. As Fastback said.....they are ***** deep and now they are getting ready to have Bubba join in on boning you. That dealership is what nightmares are made of.

4.10s, Watts Link, BBK throttle body, exhaust
okbfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:37 AM   #10
09GT/CS
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009,Ford,Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbfd View Post
WTphuckery is a warranty that says you have to go to a specific dealership. As Fastback said.....they are ***** deep and now they are getting ready to have Bubba join in on boning you. That dealership is what nightmares are made of.
It happens a lot. Especially on used cars. Some dealers underwrite their own warranty that "appears" to be manufacturer direct but because they back it or won't be honored anywhere else. That's why I never buy extended warranties unless it's from the manufacturer and I'm 100% sure.
2009 GT/CS Dark Candy Apple Red. Detroit Rocker Cams N/A grind. BBK tuned length shortys stock cats Flowmaster super 40 mid mounted DI/DO and 4 inch tips. SR performance lowering springs whiteline upper control arm. Eibac pro damper kit. Cervini Ram Air type 4 hood. Raxiom Nav. Shelby spoiler. Tuned by Moes Speed Shop Dallas,GA. FR500 wheels 18X9 wrapped in Nitto NT555's. Daily driven. Dynoed 304hp/311tq at the wheels.
09GT/CS is offline   Reply With Quote