Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

Local Mechanics/Shops

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 11:36 AM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Default Local Mechanics/Shops

Does anyone know of good, trustworthy mechs or shops in Columbus or Dayton? And if someone says Jim Keim in CBus or Beau Townsend in Dayton, I am going to smack them...lol.

Thanks, Matt
Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

www.gearheadzautomotive.com

Mechanic/owner's name is Rob and his office manager is Dana.

Rob does great work at very good prices. He works on all kinds of performance cars but he's a Mustang guy which is very helpful. He's on the east side of Cols off 270.

What kind of work are you planning on getting done?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:33 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

nothing in particular...I'm just tired of taking it to Ford dealers when things go wrong and then they try to screw me around.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:30 PM
2000BlkGtConvgobucks
1st Gear Member

+ 1 on gearheadz. I took my car there to have my gears installed. Rob did the job for only $250, I supplied the gears and install kit.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:01 AM
ei8ball

Their website isn't working, but I'm gonna give them a call today. I have a few things that need looked at (Coolant flush, change coolant sensor, check automatic shifter and see if they can fix it). I agree with OSU about taking it to Ford. The only Ford dealership I have gone to for work was Matthews in Sandusky for the Quicklane and recalls.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by red07Pony
www.gearheadzautomotive.com

Mechanic/owner's name is Rob and his office manager is Dana.

Rob does great work at very good prices. He works on all kinds of performance cars but he's a Mustang guy which is very helpful. He's on the east side of Cols off 270.

What kind of work are you planning on getting done?
That shop kinda exploded....had a few issues between Rob and Dana...yet another reason you dont mix business and pleasure. lol Rob is working at Mad Wave Customs now, but I dunno their numbers, he just started there.

I have a mechanic who does ALL my work on all 3 of my cars, old school drag racer who def knows his stuff and is super honest with good rates. Name's Craig and his 740 965-5093 and his shop is located in Sunbury. 15 mins drive for me one way but I do everytime I need something as I know he isn't gonna BS me. If you call or go to him, tell him Brian Franchi sent ya, he knows me.

I actually just got back from dropping my GT off to him this morning, he is wiring up all my Autometer Cobalt guages for me. Oil pressure/temp, air fuel guages on A pillar and also Autometer Cobalt 5 inch tach with shift light mounted to my dash. Can't wait!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 PM
ei8ball

Ya, I tried to call Gearheadz earlier when I was on the road picking up some parts for the car, but I got a message from AT&T saying to stay on the line for similar businesses. I called around to a few places to do a coolant flush since my add coolant light keeps coming on. Firestone and Quicklane both had the same price, so I chose to take it to Quicklane. Long story short, close to 3 hours to change the coolant, only to still have the problem. I didn't feel like waiting for the techs to get around to my car again (half of my time was for "test drive"). I did ask the tech if he could look at the sensor and see if it needed replaced, but he said to replace the sensor he'd have to replace the entire overflow bottle, which I found odd because you can buy just the sensor. I'm gonna give your mechanic a call on Thursday and see if he might be able to look at it. At this moment looks like I may not be able to run on Saturday like I had hoped.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:15 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Check out pickups plus. They are one of the huge mustang performance shops around here.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Franchi
That shop kinda exploded....had a few issues between Rob and Dana...yet another reason you dont mix business and pleasure. lol Rob is working at Mad Wave Customs now, but I dunno their numbers, he just started there.

I have a mechanic who does ALL my work on all 3 of my cars, old school drag racer who def knows his stuff and is super honest with good rates. Name's Craig and his 740 965-5093 and his shop is located in Sunbury. 15 mins drive for me one way but I do everytime I need something as I know he isn't gonna BS me. If you call or go to him, tell him Brian Franchi sent ya, he knows me.

I actually just got back from dropping my GT off to him this morning, he is wiring up all my Autometer Cobalt guages for me. Oil pressure/temp, air fuel guages on A pillar and also Autometer Cobalt 5 inch tach with shift light mounted to my dash. Can't wait!
WOW, I had no idea! Well that sucks....

Yea, I've been hearing a lot of good customer feedback from Pickups Plus on Rt23 http://www.pickupspluscars.com/
I also know the guy who does their detailing @ PPC and he does great work.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Yep, PickupsPlus does do very quality work. Some of their shop prices as astounding though. The techs there seem to really only prefer to work on higher level builds too. I dunno if they do regular maintenance stuff, I kinda doubt it.

Quick Reply: Local Mechanics/Shops