Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

Where to get stripes done in central ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 12:24 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Default Where to get stripes done in central ohio?

I was hoping you guys would know a good place to get stripes put on my car. I don't mind driving around 2 hours outside of Columbus, but the closer the better. I have talked to 2 or 3 places and have seen the work they put out but 2 of them had flaws and 1 of them just seemed shady to me. Any help you guys can provide would be great, thanks!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Jamy at Mad Wave Customs, right by the airport. 614 588-9934. They have my 04 in there right now tinting the windows and he striped my buddies 07 GT and it looked sharp. After I get a Cobra front end for the 04, I plan on taking it to him to stripe.

Also I've used in the past Whites Graphics 614 323-1193, he is really good and he will come out to you to do the job but he isn't cheap either. He did some work both on my F150 and 06 GT.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

And if you are going to buy the stripes yourself and just pay for labor, decalshoppe.com has quality 3M stuff for very good prices.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Thanks Franchi! I'll check them out.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:05 PM
emin
2nd Gear Member

If you are looking into doing it yourself. Anyone with a vinyl cutter can cut you stripes.

I cut my own stripes with my vinyl cutter and it cost me next to nothing. If you are interested, I can cut and ship them to you as well for half what other websites are quoting.

Just a cheaper option for you if you are interested.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:36 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Well Franchi I just got off of the phone with Mad Wave. I have an appointment tomorrow at 9:00am! They promised me it would be done by 5 so I could get to work, and although they didn't quote me a concrete price, he told me he could do it for around 150 bucks less then the other prices I was getting (600 bucks). Of course, I also mentioned that you gave the recommendation. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:43 PM
emin
2nd Gear Member

$450 is still steep, any reputable sign shop or vinyl shop could cut you the stripes for $100 or less and you can put them on yourself.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Post up pics!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

/\/\

What he said! :-)
Old 07-30-2011, 02:33 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Pics coming soon! It came out great. It took a little longer then expected originally, but there were absolutely no seems in the stripe and it all came out perfect. They even wrapped the bezel around the shifter in vinyl when they saw I had tried to paint it blue (and failed). Then I chatted with them about other things to do to my car and prices for them, and I can say that I am definitely coming back. He showed me his "drift" car and then he and the vinyl guy (wes?) drifted all around the parking lot. Then the vinyl guy TAUGHT ME HOW TO DRIVE A STICK SHIFT IN THE FREAKING RACE CAR! And let my dad have a go at it. How freaking cool? Then Jamey even offered to take me and my dad (and our cars) to the track in Hebron on Wednesday, though we might be busy. He offered to teach me to use a buffing wheel the correct way and said I could practice on some of his beat up cars. He is a great guy, and runs a great shop, and I will absolutely be recommending him to anyone who needs some work done to their cars.

Quick Reply: Where to get stripes done in central ohio?