Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

Been lurking, Live in Picktown, Just Got My First Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 07:30 PM
GerardV

Here is a pic. The paint looks much better in the pic than in real life.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:03 AM
GerardV

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome.

I am enjoying the forum, and the car so far. It is going to be a daily driver for 6months to a year and then the fun begins.

I already have a list of mods planned for it. My goal is a simple, somewhat modded Mustang I can drive and enjoy. The usual mods like a Tuner, underdrive pulleys, etc and then a PI cam and intake swap are in the cards. I might not go with with head swap because down the road a Supercharger is my goal.

My understanding is the high compression of the full PI Head swap won't go with a Supercharger.

If I do go with the full PI swap, then a 100 Shot of Nitrous will be the power adder since Nitrous LOVES compression from what I am told.

The more involved mods like the PI swap are at least six months away. So, I will drive the car until then, learn its mannerisms, and then come up with a semi-permanent operational plan from there. Too often, people buy the car and then start modding like crazy. To me, that often leads to mistakes. At least that is my not-so-humble opinion.

I learned that lesson as an instructor in the handgun community. People buy a gun and then start swapping parts without a plan. That often leads to turning a nice, basic and smooth running gun into a paper weight. They also swap the wrong parts and turn solid functioning OEM engineering on its head. Even worse, they buy it based on bad information from a "cousin" or someone else that "knows guns," and then regret their choice.

Those are mistakes I am going to try and avoid.

I will still make mistakes, we all do. My hope is to make as few as possible!
Old 08-19-2014, 03:44 PM
GerardV

OK, so I am dredging up this old thread - turns out my 1998 Mustang is gone. Long story - but it was replaced by a 1968 Mustang I6 that runs great.

Best part? The 68 was FREE!

So, I'm not really new, but I have a different Mustang so I reset my old thread.

Picks to follow.