Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

Ohio Meet - May 20th Dayton OH (suburbs)

Old 03-12-2012, 10:27 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Default Ohio Meet - May 20th Dayton OH (suburbs)

OK guys..heres the plans... read on if you're interested.

Going to meet at Community Park in Beavercreek, OH at noon on Sunday May 20th.

We will have lunch and general car gawking and chatting. I will bring at least a frisbee and a football for general amusement.

For lunch I will be doing Hamburgers, Hot-Dogs ans Sausages.
I will like to have buns, tomatoes, lettuce ketchup and mustard as well as salt and pepper on hand. Chips and Pop as well. Water too.

What I would like to do is make a list and stick someones name next to it so that we each share $5 or so in making it come together. You will see the list in a bit...

We will hang at the park until about 3pm. From there we will take a cruise and let the Force of the Mustang be known!! No, not a drag race, look for cops and try not to kill yourself cruise.. a speed limit, leisurely cruise and if the occasional go nuts for 10 seconds and cut it happens well, it happens.. not my call there, yours.. (But I might just do it to)

The cruise will consist of driving North on I-675 to hit I-70W. From there to I-75S and down to I675N.. one big loop... back upto State Route 35W (Its a highway) and over to The Filling Station http://www.thefillingstationsportsbar.com/ Where we can hang out, talk some more, play games, drink beer, eat food etc... At that point, its pretty much a hang til ya gotta go type of thing.

This will be rain or shine... the park has sheltered areas.. unfortunately just for us, not the cars incase of rain. Ill go scout for grills and if they don't have one, I'll just bring mine up in advance and chain it down.

For those not familiar with Dayton, Beavercreek is a military town, familiy oriented, not the hood, not close to the hood, no violence, no worry of getting shot, stabbed, beaten, mugged etc..

The list:

1) Xkape - Hamburgers and Condiments - In for sure
2) luke1333 - In + 1
3) OSUTX440 - Grill Chicken - In for sure + 1
4) eb2gt - side potato salad? - In for sure + 1
5) Franchi - Chips - In
6) mustangGT86_05 - In
7) Fridge56Vet - In
8) topcat2k2 - Desert - In
9) mcqueen92gt - In
10) Roadhammer - In
11) Some guy from some other forum that someone else invited (my memory sucks) - In
12) bakerjd - In

Items Needed

Hamburgers
Hot Dogs or Sausages/Brats
Chicken
Pop (2 liters of the usual.. Coke, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew etc..)
Condiments (Paper Plates, Napkins, Salt, Pepper, Forks and Knives, Ketchup)
Toppings (lettuce, sliced tomatoes and cheese)
Sides (This one is your own creation but, just let me know if you are bringing one so I can add it to the list)
Chips (Potato Chips, Pretzels, Doritos.. whatever..)
Ice and a Cooler
Dessert? OK if there isnt any, ok if there is.. just tossing it out there

If I missed a needed item please let me know. The ones in Red are done.. the ones in black are needed. There is a Kroger about 1/2 mile before you get to the park FYI.)

Ten Day weather forecast for Beavercreek

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/45431:4:US

Here is the information on the park.... I got us a shelter!! 1/2 mile from Rotary Park...

Community Park - Beavercreek, OH
There is no numerical address but it is on Factoy Rd. and I am about to put up a map...

This one is zoomed out to have both parks in the picture.. the old site (Rotary Park) is there in the upper right with the baseball fields and Community Park is at the corner of Factory Rd. and Creekside Trail.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=commun...4,0.01929&z=16

This one is a closeup of the park
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=commun...,0.002411&z=19

This ones a further out map showing highways. The park is the "A" arrow tab.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=bosch+...,0.308647&z=12

It's called Community Park.. also known as Angels Pass. Right there off 35 on Factory Rd. So, it's on the east side of Factory Rd. in between State Route 35 and Dayton-Xenia Rd.
There isn't an actual address which, I find odd.. which is why I was using all the maps.

However, if you want to map it... Bosch Car Service is directly across the street. It's address is 801 Factory Rd. Beavercreek, OH 45434

In 1997, Beavercreek Community Park was acquired by the district. This 14 acre park is a very popular starting point for local residents to access CreeksideTrail Bikepath. An important focal point of the park is Angels Pass Memorial. This memorial was constructed with private and public funds and dedicated in 1999. It commemorated the 40th anniversary of the deaths of 8 Girl Scouts and their 2 leaders killed near that site in a car-train collision. It is a beautiful and serene area with benches, trees, flowers, flag poles and a large memorial stone. The scouts and leaders as well as rescue and public safety departments are honored on this stone.

With additional funds from the Beavercreek Township Trustees, a large parking lot was built to accommodate about 50 cars.

In recent years, the site has been improved with a pond that includes a fountain, benches, lights and a walking path, all built with money secured from another Natureworks grant and local money. There are 3 primitive campsites carved out that will have access to water and electricity. A connector through the park to the Dayton Xenia Road bike path is currently under construction.

A comfort station was constructed in 2004 and funded by the Beavercreek Township Trustees. There is a gazebo and a small bridge at the front of the park. The Girl Scouts use the bridge for their bridging ceremonies. As a community service, the Girl Scouts are in charge of planting flowers and weeding the circle around the Memorial. They also plan and deliver the annual Holiday in the Park for the community in December.

As of now, 5/19/12 at 12:30pm, it looks like with the forum members and the +'s we have 15 Mustangs coming plus some ride alongs. The Park Manager asked me to keep it around that # so I figure I will cap it at 15 cars. But if more want to come, I will just relocate this and we can all just deal with not having a sheltered sitting area. Also, this one probably doesn't even need mentioned but, park in that aisle next to the shelter. That way other park people oare over there ------> and we are... over here <----- and can have our own space.

Last edited by xkape; 05-19-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 AM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Went ahead and stickied it.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:34 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

nice! Thanks Man! I see the update to the OP too
Old 03-14-2012, 08:51 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I took 5 or 6 pics of the park today where the meet will be at to give a lay of the land... i will have those up soon for viewing in the OP.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Sounds like a fun meet/cruise. I'll definitely send my peeps!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:16 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Can we start to get a head count for this? I am going to get out a mass PM to drum up some support.

Matt
Old 03-19-2012, 07:50 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

A head count would be fantastic
Old 03-19-2012, 09:23 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I'm in for sure...I'll bring some pop!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:39 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
I'm in for sure...I'll bring some pop!

Well, duh....lol.

Can't wait to see your car, baker.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:21 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Karaoke FTW! lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ohio Meet - May 20th Dayton OH (suburbs)