Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

Finally got my car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 10:15 PM
GHJA614
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
It all takes practice my man. Everyone started out in your seat when first learning manual, you just have to stick with it. Give it some more time and you'll start seeing improvements. I definitely think reading up on the proper way to drive a manual transmission will help, like mentioned above.

Bullitt wheels look awesome one these New Edge Mustangs. Which finish were you thinking about?

Shane
I'm deciding on keeping it! And I'm torn between Matte or gloss. I definitely want to go for the black accenting look. Fuel door, GT wing, wheels, lights, front end appearance kit.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:19 PM
topcat2k2
2nd Gear Member

Well, it's been a week or so, what have you decided about your car? Are you gettin' better with the shifting? Matte or Polished wheels?
Maybe you can bring your car to the Colo's Classic car show at the zoo? It's a good time, and your entry includes 4 admissions to the zoo also. Hope to see you there.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:21 PM
jasonM

Congratulations! Enjoy your ride like mine! I already got my new car too. I am grateful as I got the best dealership in Atlanta where I'm residing. It is easy to get a great deal on a brand new car if you know where to go. You could try going to each dealership and asking, but that is a long task if you live in Atlanta like me. There is actually a site I came across where it shows all the costs and lets you compare automobiles. That is how I found my Scion dealership. With Sandy Springs Scion you will definitely get one of the best auto purchasing experience achievable.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:23 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Like everyone said. Just keep practicing. This won't be the first manual transmission car you will ever have so don't give up.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:50 AM
GHJA614
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by topcat2k2
Well, it's been a week or so, what have you decided about your car? Are you gettin' better with the shifting? Matte or Polished wheels?
Maybe you can bring your car to the Colo's Classic car show at the zoo? It's a good time, and your entry includes 4 admissions to the zoo also. Hope to see you there.
I have decided to keep the car. After much convincing from my friend, he said that he forgot that he was even driving a stick shift in his jeep lol, and that I would be like that after a few months. That car shows sounds like a good time! I think my Dad and I would definetley be interested in joining! Can you give me some more details on it?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Nice ride, & keep up the practice w/the shifting - much more fun & worth it in the long run. Colo's was fun (& a great deal) last year, & I hope to make it again in a few weeks. Basically, you got your car & everyone in it into the zoo for $15 to drive in & put it in the show. They park the cars around part of the zoo, so you can view as you walk around. Was really neat, though hopefully we get better weather this year.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:28 PM
GHJA614
2nd Gear Member

Slowly starting to make her look better! First up! PLASTIDIP! Now I was a little reluctant to use the stuff, but now I swear by it! I think it looks great and I did everything for $12! What do you guys think?

[IMG]Name:  71C6QKU.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  477.1 KB[/IMG]

Name:  mLzPkRP.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  471.5 KB

Everything on
[IMG]Name:  J2WYYfo.jpg
Size:  508.4 KB[/IMG]

Name:  ouKhqF3.jpg
Size:  516.7 KB

So yeah tell me what you think! Next mods are a Pioneer Headunit, then the Mach 1 front end appearance kit! Gonna wait and buy the bullit rims and new tires after winter!
Old 09-28-2013, 03:42 PM
jrolivo

Coming together nice man, nice touch with the plasti dip.

Colos classic info is on this page;
http://www.columbuszoo.org/events/10...car_show.aspx#

Go to the bottom and buy your tickets, can't beat it for $15
Old 10-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Definitely like the black accents w/the plastidip. It's what I used on my mustang emblem, fake spoiler brace thingies & "GT" (though the GT looks like crap from up close). Some matte black rims would look nice w/that.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

BTW, are you getting a better hang of the stick yet?

Quick Reply: Finally got my car!