Ohio Regional Chapter Chapter President: OSUTX440

Been lurking, Live in Picktown, Just Got My First Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:16 PM
GerardV

Default Been lurking, Live in Picktown, Just Got My First Mustang

A bad car accident in the ice/snow storm led to my beloved Jeep Liberty being permanently retired to the junkyard. So, I took the proceeds and bought a cosmetically challenged but otherwise sold 1998 Red Mustang GT.

In a year, I was going to buy a newer/used car and turn the Jeep into a trail-rider with my 8 year-old son. His favorite car ever is a Mustang, so when the Jeep was sent to Jeep Heaven - yes, there is a Jeep Heaven - the chance to change plans and find a Mustang was too much to pass up.

Not the most practical daily diver. But, I only have to do it for a year.

Plus, I spent my childhood fixing up traditional RWD cars with my father. Not for fun, but out of necessity. So, I can fix most anything that breaks on the Mustang.

It came with a Jegs non-functional Ram Air hood, 17" CVT rims (to be honest, I prefer the stock rims and might try to trade these) and flowmaster exhaust. The interior and engine are rated an A. The paint is peeling off the hood, left fender and the car has a few dings.

I pick it up tomorrow.

Been a member of the Mustang Forum for more than a year but never posted. Now that I have (will have) a Mustang, I thought it was time to introduce myself.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:55 PM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Welcome! Hope to run into you at one or more of our events this year! Can't wait to see pics of your ride!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:29 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Welcome, Gerard. We will be having a get together soon. Hope you can make it.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:16 AM
GerardV

Originally Posted by OSUTX440
Welcome, Gerard. We will be having a get together soon. Hope you can make it.
Thank you for welcoming me. I hope I can make the get together as well.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:40 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

hey hey.. I totaled my car in that very same ice. Was an experience. I had no chance, I was in an 02 Mustang GT Conv. on the highway trying to beat it home from work. Made it about half way and then gone. I also had to bump up my future plans for the car I wanted..lol Strange!

anywho, welcome aboard! (Im kind of a noob too, am I allowed to welcome people? lol)
Old 02-03-2012, 10:48 AM
GerardV

Originally Posted by xkape
hey hey.. I totaled my car in that very same ice. Was an experience. I had no chance, I was in an 02 Mustang GT Conv. on the highway trying to beat it home from work. Made it about half way and then gone. I also had to bump up my future plans for the car I wanted..lol Strange!

anywho, welcome aboard! (Im kind of a noob too, am I allowed to welcome people? lol)
Well, in my case a drunk, we think, hit me.

I picked up the mustang today and will get a pic posted as soon as I can.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the boards bud! I'm in Cbus myself.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:58 PM
GerardV

Smile

Originally Posted by Franchi
Welcome to the boards bud! I'm in Cbus myself.
Cool. The guy that lives across the street from me has an early 2000 model Cobra. His son also has a GT...at least I think it is a GT. Could be a Cobra too. Seems like there are a lot of Mustangs around the area.

By the way, I drove my Mustang to pick up my 8 year old son from school today...he hasn't stopped smiling since.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:15 AM
mustangGT86_05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
NOOO!!!! INSTA-BAN! Lol shape about the jeep, though no offence I'm no fan of daimler chysler in any way. I dd my mustang in summer, I miss her hopefully it wont be long before we have more get togethers
Old 02-04-2012, 07:22 PM
GerardV

Originally Posted by mustangGT86_05
NOOO!!!! INSTA-BAN! Lol shape about the jeep, though no offence I'm no fan of daimler chysler in any way. I dd my mustang in summer, I miss her hopefully it wont be long before we have more get togethers
I wasn't a fan of Daimler/Chrysler either..until the Jeep. It was a GREAT vehicle and survived two other accidents. The sad fact is I am a magnet, people hit me, or in one case, a deer hit the Jeep while my wife was driving.

Even after hitting a deer on 71 north, that Jeep got me to the Cleveland Clinic (I was having brain surgery) and then home.

It was a great vehicle. Seeing it on the Insurance Auto Auction website ready for the scrap heap is upsetting.

Quick Reply: Been lurking, Live in Picktown, Just Got My First Mustang