Oil and Oil Related Topics A place to post your oil related questions and comments

Was I wrong? Valvoline

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 01:34 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

Default Was I wrong? Valvoline

Had a Discount coupon for a Valvoline Instant Oil change so i use it.
I get to the shop they scan my VIN everything is going good, First thing I tell him that I want him to put in 6 Quarts of Oil and not 5 Quarts, he says " I cant do that it calls for 5"
Then says I must buy Synthetic Oil because the computer says Ford Recommends it.
I said " NO way am i paying 70 dollars for a oil change"
He stars arguing with me telling me " This is a Roush Mustang it has built engine you NEED Synthetic".
I tell him "its a Roush Stage 2 Mustang, no blower , its just a Regular 2 Valve GT Engine.
After alot more arguing he finely changes the oil with 6 quarts of Regular oil. But i heard them saying stuff like " his going to blow up his car" , " What a ***" etc etc just smart *** comments.

I leave tell them there some immature employees, and call the 1800 Valvoline number and tell them what happen. I still think he put 5 quarts of oil and not 6, he woudn't let me see the digital oil thing. So the Valvoline customer service rep says there refund my money.

Sorry about the rant, just pissed.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:09 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

6 qts is in the late 02 GT owners manuals. Early mustangs got 5qts but they found that in hard corners that the engine was being starved of oil so they added another quart to the amount used and it solved the problem. So it does in fact need 6qts and you should get that guy fired for possibly screwing peoples cars up real bad.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:12 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Sound like they are just trying to make some money off you. You dont HAVE to have synthitic in it, even if it was a stage 3 Roush. Thats why I change my own oil, some of those techs have no idea what there doing.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:22 PM
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

I wouldnt trust anyone changing my oil... its best to do your self and it takes like no time. Might also wanna check and see if they changed your filter...... cause alot of times places dont.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:23 PM
jheugatter

Originally Posted by paintball1
I get to the shop they scan my VIN everything is going good, First thing I tell him that I want him to put in 6 Quarts of Oil and not 5 Quarts, he says " I cant do that it calls for 5"
Then says I must buy Synthetic Oil because the computer says Ford Recommends it.
He stars arguing with me telling me " This is a Roush Mustang it has built engine you NEED Synthetic".
I tell him "its a Roush Stage 2 Mustang, no blower , its just a Regular 2 Valve GT Engine.
After alot more arguing he finely changes the oil with 6 quarts of Regular oil. But i heard them saying stuff like " his going to blow up his car" , " What a ***" etc etc just smart *** comments.

I leave tell them there some immature employees, and call the 1800 Valvoline number and tell them what happen. I still think he put 5 quarts of oil and not 6, he woudn't let me see the digital oil thing. So the Valvoline customer service rep says there refund my money.

What A-holes, but have you checked to make sure your oil level is correct?
Old 04-27-2010, 03:03 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverNGrey4.6s
Sound like they are just trying to make some money off you. You dont HAVE to have synthitic in it, even if it was a stage 3 Roush. Thats why I change my own oil, some of those techs have no idea what there doing.
+1 that guy sounded like a tard to me...
Old 04-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by paintball1

stop whining and change your own oil
Old 04-27-2010, 03:21 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

yeaaa i did, I read everywhere how 99-04 should get 6 quarts of oil and in 2002 they went from 5 to 6 quarts and just changed the dipstick not the oil pan. So 99-04 GT have the same oil pan. Yea i'm pretty sure he wanted to make money off me off the synthetic oil. I would change my own oil but my car is too low and i can't jack up and can't lift it up. Had to go to a oil place since there under the ground when you change the oil.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
6 qts is in the late 02 GT owners manuals. Early mustangs got 5qts but they found that in hard corners that the engine was being starved of oil so they added another quart to the amount used and it solved the problem. So it does in fact need 6qts and you should get that guy fired for possibly screwing peoples cars up real bad.
My '03 manual says 5 of 5W-20.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:30 PM
K Z
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Not to thread hi-jack, but how do I know if my 02 is a late 02? I think it is cause I always put 5 qts in after calling a parts store and they told me 5 qrts. After I checked my oil said a qrt low.

Quick Reply: Was I wrong? Valvoline