Oil and Oil Related Topics A place to post your oil related questions and comments

AMSOIL - New OE oil line up - Fully certified

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Default AMSOIL - New OE oil line up - Fully certified

I saw this somewhere else, and thought it was worth quoting here at MF. This is a great move by AMSOIL.

AMSOIL released an entire new engine lubricant line up that is completely certified. This is perfect for those who want the quality formulations of AMSOIL, but must have the proper certifications to help them sleep well at night.

The new OE oil line is intended to be used with the factory oil change intervals either by following the owners manual recommendation, or by the OLM (oil life monitor). If your OLM is rated for every 10,000 miles, no problem, OE lubricants have you covered, no matter what the OEM oil change recommended interval is.

OE lubricants carry all API SM/SN, GL-5, and Dexos 1 certifications. AMSOIL is the only manufacturer to have an engine lubricant approved for all three certifications at once. *Dexos 1 is a GM certification and only applies to the 5W-30 OE grade*

Select the grade for your car here

OE 5W-20

OE 5W-30

OE 10W-30

Now, the best part. You can buy it for less than the top grade synthetics you commonly find over the counter at auto parts stores and Wal-Mart. Retail price is only 5.50 per quart. Save even more by becoming a preferred customer and buy all AMSOIL product at dealer cost (OE oils are only $4.20 per quart).

Preferred Customers pay only 3.99 per quart in case quantities!!

Becoming a preferred customer

AMSOIL OE engine lubricants, the best engine lubricants now with 100% warranty compliance.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:39 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Shipping?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Shipping?
Found this on the AMSOIL website.

Last edited by Unleashedbeast; 11-08-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:38 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
I saw this somewhere else, and thought it was worth quoting here at MF. This is a great move by AMSOIL.
AMSOIL released an entire new engine lubricant line up that is completely certified. This is perfect for those who want the quality formulations of AMSOIL, but must have the proper certifications to help them sleep well at night.

The new OE oil line is intended to be used with the factory oil change intervals either by following the owners manual recommendation, or by the OLM (oil life monitor). If your OLM is rated for every 10,000 miles, no problem, OE lubricants have you covered, no matter what the OEM oil change recommended interval is.

OE lubricants carry all API SM/SN, GL-5, and Dexos 1 certifications. AMSOIL is the only manufacturer to have an engine lubricant approved for all three certifications at once. *Dexos 1 is a GM certification and only applies to the 5W-30 OE grade*

Select the grade for your car here

OE 5W-20

OE 5W-30

OE 10W-30

Now, the best part. You can buy it for less than the top grade synthetics you commonly find over the counter at auto parts stores and Wal-Mart. Retail price is only 5.50 per quart. Save even more by becoming a preferred customer and buy all AMSOIL product at dealer cost (OE oils are only $4.20 per quart).

Preferred Customers pay only 3.99 per quart in case quantities!!

Becoming a preferred customer

AMSOIL OE engine lubricants, the best engine lubricants now with 100% warranty compliance.
Found this on the AMSOIL website.

Are you advertising? Because I see prices, and that usually does equate to advertising...
Old 11-08-2010, 03:02 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

I got the email on this . seems to be a huge move for them to gain some new market share.

and 3.99 a qt?
Ive seen conventional oils sell for more....
Old 11-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Are you advertising? Because I see prices, and that usually does equate to advertising...
I'm not, just thought others would like to know what I read elsewhere. I had no idea about the shipping until I searched for it.

If you don't want others to know the new cheaper prices on AMSOIL, in an AMSOIL sponsored forum, then I guess we can take it down.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:36 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

I'm not, just thought others would like to know what I read elsewhere. I had no idea about the shipping until I searched for it.

If you don't want others to know the new cheaper prices on AMSOIL, in an AMSOIL sponsored forum, then I guess we can take it down.
I wouldn't know the 1st thing about their shipping policy, I Work about 6 blocks from the local Amsoil distribution center about 3 times a month. I just stop by there when ever I need anything.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:58 PM
rman101
2nd Gear Member

so how often would you recomend changing this out? not the 15k miles like u recomended in the other thread?
Old 11-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rman101
so how often would you recomend changing this out? not the 15k miles like u recomended in the other thread?
No, if you use this oil, you always follow the manufacturers recommended oil change interval. In your case, that's probably around 7,500 miles.

Only AMSOIL's top tier lubricants are good for severe service for supercharged applications up to 15,000 miles.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:29 AM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

Beast
I also Discovered their XL oils ( the 10,000 mile ones)

carry some of the same specs/certs

XLF 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil

API SN, SM...
ILSAC GF-5, GF-4...
ACEA A1/B1
Ford WSS-M2C929-A
Chrysler MS-6395N
GM dexos1™ (supersedes LL-A-025, 6094M and 4718M)
Fortified with detergents that exceed dexos1™ sulfated ash specifications.

Quick Reply: AMSOIL - New OE oil line up - Fully certified