Oil and Oil Related Topics A place to post your oil related questions and comments

What type of Oil does everyone use?

Old 05-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

changed mine today to mobil 1 and used a motorcraft filter
Old 06-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Minion
2nd Gear Member

Just today I went Mobile 1 extended life (good for 15,000 miles)

I think I will try Amsoil next.

Do you guys think I will really be ok for 15,000 miles like the mobile 1 EL is rated for? or should I change it sooner. (I also used mobile 1's 15,000 mile filter). I too am a little brainwashed with the "change your oil every 3k miles)
Old 06-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Amsoil Signature Series lubricants are severe service 15,000 miles or one year oil change interval.

Mobil 1 EP is normal service 15,000 mile rated.

To put that in perspective, Amsoil is rated up to 25,000 miles or one year (normal service).
Old 06-05-2013, 08:50 PM
ImminentRueage

I'm running Mobil 1 EL in my SHO right now. I will be getting rid of it before it gets anywhere near that mileage on it, but I wouldn't run it that long. I was thinking 7k miles was plenty long for my taste. I have no doubts that Mobil 1/Amsoil Full Synthetics are capable of going that long while retaining their original properties, but I DO NOT trust ANY filter for that long of a change interval.

PS: It is funny to listen to you talk about Amsoil Unleashedbeast. No one can deny that Amsoil is one of, if not THE best oils available, but the way you talk about it has me thinking they are paying you to "plug" their product lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:52 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

I like finding great oil on sale. I found Valvoline "Full Synthetic" for $5.40 a qt. at
NAPA auto parts.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ImminentRueage
I DO NOT trust ANY filter for that long of a change interval.
Royal Purple and Amsoil filters will easily make 15,000 miles. The internal media is nano-fiber, not cellulose or cellulose/synthetic blends.

PS: It is funny to listen to you talk about Amsoil Unleashedbeast. No one can deny that Amsoil is one of, if not THE best oils available, but the way you talk about it has me thinking they are paying you to "plug" their product lol.
Not funny at all. We have a dedicated UOA thread on SVT Performance in the GT500 section. Not one oil tested to date has outperformed Amsoil 10W-40 or 10W-30 in the GT500. I talk about it because it's proven to go the distance and constantly outperform in demanding applications.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:28 PM
ImminentRueage

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
Royal Purple and Amsoil filters will easily make 15,000 miles. The internal media is nano-fiber, not cellulose or cellulose/synthetic blends.
I'm pretty sure Mobil 1 filters are nano-fiber as well, correct? I still don't feel comfortable running oil/filters for that long of an interval. Of course I never ran conventional oil for as long as they say you could either.

Not funny at all. We have a dedicated UOA thread on SVT Performance in the GT500 section. Not one oil tested to date has outperformed Amsoil 10W-40 or 10W-30 in the GT500. I talk about it because it's proven to go the distance and constantly outperform in demanding applications.
I am not denying Amsoil's quality by any means, I recommend it too many people and the only reason I don't run it currently is I haven't found a dealer I want to go through.(Planning to use it when the new car gets here, after running conventional for the initial break-in of course) Regardless, I still think you're a funny guy.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure Mobil 1 filters are nano-fiber as well, correct? I still don't feel comfortable running oil/filters for that long of an interval. Of course I never ran conventional oil for as long as they say you could either.
No, they are synthetic cellulose blends. Amsoil EaO oil filters on the Mustang are rated to be used up to 25,000 miles or one year. Severe service schedule is 15,000 miles.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Minion
2nd Gear Member

Suppose someone is hitting the drag strip 2-4 times a month.....OR, they drive like they are on a drag strip when they are getting onto the highway etc. will the Mobile 1 extended life 5w-20 still hold up? Should I think about changing it out sooner....is it even the right oil for what I'm doing. I already cooked one barring and had it replaced under warranty (the whole motor) and I don't want to do that again.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:21 PM
ImminentRueage

No, they are synthetic cellulose blends. Amsoil EaO oil filters on the Mustang are rated to be used up to 25,000 miles or one year. Severe service schedule is 15,000 miles.

Good to know! Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What type of Oil does everyone use?