Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

So Cal Autocross Events - Jan 2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:22 PM
pnicholson
2nd Gear Member

Default So Cal Autocross Events - Jan 2008

Interested in Autocross – check out this clip on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMm1-1ko6Bw

Couple of So Cal events you might be interested in

Just an FYI before I get to the actual info – for both of these events (or any autocross event for that matter) helmets are mandatory. You can find helmet info on any of the sites listed below (I only mention this because when I took my first class it wasn't clear – I ended up rushing out to purchase a helmet the day before an event). You can easily find a helmet that fits the requirement for under $100 (I think I paid $65 for mine).

Anyway, following is info on 2 upcoming events:

Saturday January 12th, El Toro (the old El Toro Marine Air Base). This one is being put on by Drift Day. It's a one day event, relaxed environment, geared the event toward new and intermediate level auto crossers. No SCCA membership required for this event. For more info go to:

http://www.driftday.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153

Saturday and Sunday – January 26 & 27, El Toro (the old El Toro Marine Air Base). This one is being put on by Evolution Performance Driving School. It's a 2 day event (Phase I and Phase II). You don't have to take Phase II if you don't want to, but to take Phase II you must have completed Phase I at some time. I took the Phase I school a few months ago – what a blast it was. To attend this event, you DO have to be an SCCA member. If you don't have current SCCA membership, they can provide you with a one day SCCA membership. This is for insurance purposes. Here is a link to Evolution Performance Driving School:

http://www.evoschool.com/

This next bit of info was cut and pasted from the SOLO2 web site (www.Solo2.com) – re: this event:

Those of you who need to get it done right now can send a check made out to:

EPDS, Inc.

and mail it to:

Robert Puertas
19 Willowbrook
Irvine, CA 92604

Please indicate which school you are signing up for:

Phase 1 - Saturday - $240
Phase 2 - Sunday - $240
Challenge - Saturday - $240
Teen - Sunday - $200

Practice - Saturday - $65 per car + $15 for an additional driver
Practice - Sunday - $65 per car + $15 for an additional driver

We will supply lunch and water for all students and practice participants.

The Practice will be limited to 60 cars.
The four schools will be limited to 6 students per instructor. Generally this means there will be 12 students per class, but we can add additional instructors if demand is sufficient.

The current instructor list includes:
Tim Aro
Ryan Buetzer
Mike Johnson
Randy Noll
Pat
Salerno

Enjoy

Page