Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

anyone ever hear of con tex suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 03:17 PM
limp1969
2nd Gear Member

Default anyone ever hear of con tex suspension?

I have a race car i am looking at that has the shaw link in the rear and the sla contex front end. Anyone know about it or heard anything about it
Old 07-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I only know of two makers of an SLA suspension for the Stang..

Griggs Racing

Agent47

I am running on the Griggs one and very happy with it. I have really gotten into AX and is quite impressive under extreme conditions. I just now looked up ConTex suspension and found an interesting ***LINK*** as to what it is all about. I have not heard of it until this point.

Jazzer
Old 07-04-2009, 11:32 AM
limp1969
2nd Gear Member

I saw that one too. The company was owned by corey shaw. He sold it to IPS then they went out of business in 2002. I have a full gt1 scca race car I have been looking at that has this set up. I have the car at my shop now. It sat for a few years so the seller let me take it to get it running. So I got it running and drove it yesterday to see what it had. It was on the street so you can only tell so much but it seems pretty bad a$$.
I have seen some posts of people bagging on it.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:43 PM
limp1969
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
I only know of two makers of an SLA suspension for the Stang..

Griggs Racing

Agent47

I am running on the Griggs one and very happy with it. I have really gotten into AX and is quite impressive under extreme conditions. I just now looked up ConTex suspension and found an interesting ***LINK*** as to what it is all about. I have not heard of it until this point.

Jazzer
The gr40 stuff is great . My buddy has a full race aix car that has front and rear griggs with the brakes all the way around. It is not a street legal car,track only. It has a 32 v n/a engine that will be de tuned to 306 rwhp for nasa AI class.

Have you done any hpde NASA classes? If you have not you need to stop playing chess in a coned parking lot and get on a real track. I will be a button willow in the next few months its about 5 hours away from me and 3 from you. Bakersfield.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I have been around Infineon at Jim Russel High Performance School and was a total blast, for sure!

I am not a big fan of high-speed roundy-round, so I am not sure I will do that again. I am much more at home with the driving skills and aggressive turning of AX. I will stick with my chess game

Jazzer
Old 07-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by limp1969
I have a race car i am looking at that has the shaw link in the rear and the sla contex front end. Anyone know about it or heard anything about it
Start searching here. Plenty of hits under 'contex'. There may be more over at the Corral, although I think they lost a lot of the old stuff when the place crashed a few years ago.

Cliff's Notes - I haven't looked at any of those threads in several years, so I'll just say that there's some controversy and leave the rest of the research to you.

Dissing autocross at least once per thread is getting old. It's not a late-breaking news story any more that you don't like it very much. I don't particularly care for drag-racing, but it's not worth my time to type that information in except just once here to make a point . . .

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 07-20-2009 at 09:10 AM.