Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Vettel the next Schumacher?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:22 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

I know this is an old thread, but if America had its very own F1 team and/or driver, I think more Americans would follow F1.

Man, what I'd give to see one of the American automakers (say Ford) build an F1 car, throw in an American driver, and compete with the rest of the world. It'd be my instant new favorite team/driver.

America is so great, why aren't we not out there?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:55 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MyGt03
I know this is an old thread, but if America had its very own F1 team and/or driver, I think more Americans would follow F1.

Man, what I'd give to see one of the American automakers (say Ford) build an F1 car, throw in an American driver, and compete with the rest of the world. It'd be my instant new favorite team/driver.

I agree, that is one of the reasons I like to watch Le Mans, you have a bunch of companies from different countries competing. I think if they had more races in America and got a TV contract with Fox or Speed or someone it could really catch on. But I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

It would be awesome to see an American F1 team.

Back on topic, Vettel certainly seems promising. Even if his career ended today he would have quite a few accomplishments.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:05 PM
MySlowGT
1st Gear Member

Ford used to have a F1 team, it's now called rebull racing!(sort've) Jaguar used to have a F1 team, they rented the facility out to red bull racing

Originally Posted by The Stig
I agree, that is one of the reasons I like to watch Le Mans, you have a bunch of companies from different countries competing. I think if they had more races in America and got a TV contract with Fox or Speed or someone it could really catch on. But I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

It would be awesome to see an American F1 team.

Back on topic, Vettel certainly seems promising. Even if his career ended today he would have quite a few accomplishments.

Formula 1 is on SPEED. Keep in mind it's an international race, and they show the races live most of the time(some races start at 1am PST, 10pm, ect...) Sometimes they show replays of the race the following day.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
KenWH

Remember 2 yrs ago Peter Windsor,who was replaced by Will Buxton as field reporter for Speed, left the Speed Channel to help start a USA based F1 team called US F1 which was based in the heart of Nascar country( N.Carolina).

Even though there was a lot of excitement surrounding the team...especially by the Speed Channel and it's F1 coverage team...unfortunately US F1 was never able to field a car.

I wonder if such an effort would prove more successful now that at least one US track seems firmly attached to future F1 schedules.?.? Seems it would be much easier now to get funding/sponsors for a US based team now that their products will be on showcase in "local" US venues.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:44 PM
MySlowGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KenWH
Remember 2 yrs ago Peter Windsor,who was replaced by Will Buxton as field reporter for Speed, left the Speed Channel to help start a USA based F1 team called US F1 which was based in the heart of Nascar country( N.Carolina).

Even though there was a lot of excitement surrounding the team...especially by the Speed Channel and it's F1 coverage team...unfortunately US F1 was never able to field a car.

I wonder if such an effort would prove more successful now that at least one US track seems firmly attached to future F1 schedules.?.? Seems it would be much easier now to get funding/sponsors for a US based team now that their products will be on showcase in "local" US venues.
I think this might've been the perfect season for any new team to come in too. No blown diffusers seem to be confusing everyone. I really can't wait to see what happens in the first 5 races, it seems like it'll be a super exciting season.

P.S.

F1 is on speed tonight at 11pm PST for those of you on the east coast i believe it's 2am. they might replay tomorrow.