Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Auto X in Pungo Va

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Nick V.
2nd Gear Member

Default Auto X in Pungo Va

Though you guys might like these.

Ive got like 4 pictures and a video of the president of the TSCC going over sundays course.

i was running novice FS(F-Stock)- for those of you that dont know FS class is pretty much untouched stock cars.

Well mine is but i think you are allowed to change the springs and stay in the same class. IDK ill update this post if someone informs me otherwise.

But anyways i placed 6th or 7th out of the 20 people in my class.

my best time was 46.xxx and a new 5.0 mustang (not sure which year) beat me by 4 seconds.

everyone said i was doing really good, but my car had waaay to much
body roll. Im guessing my stock suspension had been there the whole 150k miles and that the bent panhard bar and possible bent torque arm didnt help.

enough talk, here ya go

87 fiero, 99 dakota, 2010 SS, and my car

Name:  autoxcar.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  109.1 KB
Name:  autoxcars.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  85.5 KB
50 % chance of rain....and V-TEKKKKK You may also notice the silver RX-7
Name:  rainy.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  111.3 KB

video, presidents STI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=A1p81NBhIJ4

was also a 550-650hp foxbody that from the sound of it had no exhaust and huge tires.

a white boss 302 that didnt race,

and a a dodge viper that....lets say cleared some landscape.....no pics due to possible insurance reasons so ill wait a week. stay tuned for those

Last edited by Nick V.; 11-20-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:43 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Man, that's awesome. In all the years I've lived in Hampton Roads, as well as been there for some kind of training, etc. when I have not lived there, I've never heard of Pungo. Learn something new all the time.

Auto-X is cool and there are more and more people who get into all the time. Me, I'm more into track days.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Nick V.
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moochman4life
Man, that's awesome. In all the years I've lived in Hampton Roads, as well as been there for some kind of training, etc. when I have not lived there, I've never heard of Pungo. Learn something new all the time.

Auto-X is cool and there are more and more people who get into all the time. Me, I'm more into track days.
i would looove to go to VIR or some other track, but i cant dish out that kinda cash.

its 100-300 bucks to get in ( if i remeber correctly), plus id have to drive the two or three hours up there and back.

and if i wanted to use good tires id have to drive with them on cuz i dont have a way to bring an extra set.

but on of these days im going. hopefully with a recording device as well
Old 11-23-2012, 07:01 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Yeah man, it does get kind of expensive. Just gotta plan accordingly! Some events are more expensive than others. There was one event at either VIR or Summit Point this year, though, where the tag was $400...but it was for 3 days. In contrast, I've been averaging about $365 for two-day events. That's why people usually only go to like 2-6 a year. Non-track time is usually spent prepping the car for "hardship".

When I moved back to Hampton Roads this year, the first thing I did was look to see how far the trip was to both Summit Point (formerly my "home" tracks) and VIR. From my house it's about 4 hours to each park....ouch.

Check out my vids on the Shenandoah circuit at Summit Point. SP used to only be about an hour and 15 minutes from home...now about 4 hours!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Moochman4life?feature=mhee

Anyway, this dude - http://www.stranoparts.com/ - built an f-body for Auto-X and road course duty. He's a sponsor on this site, and usually hangs out in the S197\Handling section. If you were looking for any suspension mods for Auto-X and road course, he'd probably be one of the first dudes to talk to.

Suspension and tires, but more importantly the driver mod, help with both Auto-X and track days. It probably doesn't help when you're cutting some sharp turns and that 'maro of yours is sitting tall enough to be pushed over. There's a lot of room in those fenderwells. Not bustin' your ***, just being honest.

Last edited by moochman4life; 11-23-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Nick V.
2nd Gear Member

lol yea im getting some lowering springs, and some susepension stuff.

Also Sam Strano is on a bunch of the Camaro forums too. after college when i inally get to start my real build im definatly gonna contact him. Ive seen allot of his info and customer service.

also your videos are awsome. after college ill have to run up there and go to a few of these
Old 11-29-2012, 11:59 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nick V.
lol yea im getting some lowering springs, and some susepension stuff.

Also Sam Strano is on a bunch of the Camaro forums too. after college when i inally get to start my real build im definatly gonna contact him. Ive seen allot of his info and customer service.

also your videos are awsome. after college ill have to run up there and go to a few of these
You know what I what just thinking, though: You could just reach out to him about Auto-X in your current setup...just even for a few tips. The dude is pretty nasty out there in Auto-X. When I was stationed up in DC the last few years, my Auto-X buddies would tell me they would see this dude clean house at some of the local SCCA events...like every time he came out lol.