Archive - Parts For Sale This section is divided into generation. Please post only in the generation to which your product applies.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

05-09 Saleen VI Supercharger for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:11 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Default 05-09 Saleen VI Supercharger for Sale

Category: Engine - Power Adders
Price: $4000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: S197
Location (State/Prov): FL
Item Condition: Used

Hello,

I am selling my Saleen supercharger from my 2006 Saleen S281E. The supercharger has 3400 miles on it and works perfectly. I had a ton of mods done about a year ago including a set of twin turbo's. I kept the blower for a twincharged setup. Now I would like to try something different. I plan on buying a C&L intake manifold and turning the boost on the turbo's up.

The Supercharger comes complete with all hardware and accessories EXCEPT for the air intake and fuel injectors. Both can be purchased on ebay used for a good price. The blower has the pulley for 9lbs of boost but can be switched out easily if you prefer to keep the stock injectors on. If you already have a CAI you can use it with the blower as well. The blower was ported by Carlos Duran while at Techo. The blower will make an additional 35/40RWHP then a stock saleen supercharger at the same boost level. This was a $1200 port job. Lamotta Performance in Casselberry will be removing the blower so we could work out a deal where I can have the blower installed on the buyers car for free. I am already paying to have it removed so if I can help the buyer out with the install I will. If you would prefer to install the blower yourself the buyer is welcome to pick it up for no additional charge or fee.

I have sold parts on this forum before and also have an ebay account. user name is puresoundquality. As you can see from my feedback I strongly believe in customer service. This world is too small and I strongly believe if you take care of someone you will always be taken care of. If you have ANY questions or comments please feel free to email me at francisco.brocatto@lmco.com.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:08 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

bump to the top
Old 07-22-2010, 07:44 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Bump to top.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:18 AM
07Saleen X

Cool

Originally Posted by S281 E
Hello,

I am selling my Saleen supercharger from my 2006 Saleen S281E. The supercharger has 3400 miles on it and works perfectly. I had a ton of mods done about a year ago including a set of twin turbo's. I kept the blower for a twincharged setup. Now I would like to try something different. I plan on buying a C&L intake manifold and turning the boost on the turbo's up.

The Supercharger comes complete with all hardware and accessories EXCEPT for the air intake and fuel injectors. Both can be purchased on ebay used for a good price. The blower has the pulley for 9lbs of boost but can be switched out easily if you prefer to keep the stock injectors on. If you already have a CAI you can use it with the blower as well. The blower was ported by Carlos Duran while at Techo. The blower will make an additional 35/40RWHP then a stock saleen supercharger at the same boost level. This was a $1200 port job. Lamotta Performance in Casselberry will be removing the blower so we could work out a deal where I can have the blower installed on the buyers car for free. I am already paying to have it removed so if I can help the buyer out with the install I will. If you would prefer to install the blower yourself the buyer is welcome to pick it up for no additional charge or fee.

I have sold parts on this forum before and also have an ebay account. user name is puresoundquality. As you can see from my feedback I strongly believe in customer service. This world is too small and I strongly believe if you take care of someone you will always be taken care of. If you have ANY questions or comments please feel free to email me at francisco.brocatto@lmco.com.
Hey man I have a question for you. You said a while back that when you ported the blower @ Techco you did not see any gains, but now that you are selling it you say that it WILL make an additional 35-40rwhp. How come?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:18 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

After speaking with Carlos and one of their head engineers they determined that I did not see any gains due to running the Turbo's. Boost in and of itself is a measure of restriction. Positive manifold pressure is simply air that can't get into the engine fast enough, and therefore, backs up in the intake tract. Every power adder that makes boost faces this restriction. By having the supercharger in place with the Turbo's, we simply move that "buildup" of pressure to the intake side of the blower. Essentially for my setup the porting was a waste. My complaint was I explained all of this before I shipped the blower to Carlos, but due to the unfamiliarity of a twincharged setup (From both of us) didn't realize this till after the fact. Now if someone was just using the blower they would see the increase in power from the porting.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:37 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S281 E
Hello,

Do you know what numbers you were looking at with the Saleen supercharger on?
Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

When the car was stock it made around 435RWHP. Then I added all the bolt ons and the car made around 515RWHP and 545RWTQ at 16lbs. Then I removed the bolt-ons and added the twin turbo's. Car made around 615RWHP and 650RWTQ with blower at 9lbs and Turbo's at 5lbs. Did not have the chance to check th eblower by itself with it ported.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:34 AM
cagefightmma
1st Gear Member

So are you saying that if you got $4,000 for the S/C, you could have this installed for free? All I would need to purchase would be a CAI and injectors? I already have an JLT II CAI on my car now...
Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Yes, that would be correct. The JLT CAI would work on this blower. You could use the stock injectors as long as you use the 9lb pulley. If you have a stock block that is what I would recommend doing. If you EVER decide to increase boost I would buy some forged parts and upgrade the injectors. As for the installation I am paying to have it removed. The owner of Lamotta Performance is a very good friend. I could talk to him and if your willing to have the car at the shop when they remove the blower I might be able to have them install it for free or for a small fee. If you are truly interested we can definitely get all of this squared away before any money changes hands. If there is a small fee I would either pay it or split it with you. Just depends how "small" the fee is. Either way it would either be free or 1/4 of what anyone would charge to install it. Either way we can definitely work something out as long as your willing to be flexible on the scheduling of the blower.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:22 PM
cagefightmma
1st Gear Member

What if I bought bigger injectors and maybe a boost-a-pump, would I be able to safely run a 10 or 12# pulley on a stock block without getting any forged internals? How much would the install be? I am from NH and would drive down to have it installed.

Quick Reply: 05-09 Saleen VI Supercharger for Sale