Archive - Parts For Sale This section is divided into generation. Please post only in the generation to which your product applies.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

Tokico HP (Blues) Struts and Mach 1 Front Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 11:50 AM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Default Tokico HP (Blues) Struts and Mach 1 Front Springs

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price: $90
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: SN95, New Edge
Location (State/Prov): NJ
Item Condition: Used

Selling my tokico HP front struts only. I would sell the rear shocks, but one of them is blown because i put too stiff of a spring in there when i was experimenting.

Mileage is unknown. I know for a fact that they have been on the car since I bought it and that was 21,000 miles ago. I can't tell you when they were installed.

What i can tell you is that i scratched up the strut shaft when removing the struts from my car, but i moved the bumpstops down and marred the top of the strut shaft as that part does not actually dampen into the strut housing itself. So it won't effect anything. I took pictures with the bumpstops on the strut and as you can see the grooves i cut into the strut shaft are covered by where the bumpstops go. So it's not going to effect performance, nor will you even be able to see it... If i had an impact when i was removing these, i wouldn't have had to put a vice grip on the strut to stop it from spinning! lol

Both struts take a significant amount of pressure to push in (i would say about the same pressure to push each one in -- maybe one takes SLIGHTLY less pressure to push in?) and when both are depressed at the same time, they rebound at the same rate or pretty damn close to it. I really think these struts are in great condition even though they are used.

I'm not trying to hide anything. I want you to know exactly what you are getting if you do in fact purchase these. If i thought they were bad struts, i would have thrown them out...

$90 shipped for the struts

Then i have a pair of mach 1 front springs for sale with only 15k on them. They still look brand new. They are linear rate and great for cutting IF YOU CUT NO MORE THAN A COIL off of them. Otherwise i think they are .5" shorter than a stock GT coil, but dont take my word for it -- do your own research on that one.

I'm asking $75 shipped for the front springs. They are a 600# spring rating btw and the same front springs that stock bullitts and all stock cobras use... i do not have a picture of them but i can take a picture if anybody wants it. They are just springs that look like they've been barely used.

Please ask me any questions that you might have! Thank you.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:53 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

will these change the front ride height at all?
Old 12-04-2011, 01:00 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Nope. They shouldn't change the ride height at all... People say that bilsteins, if anything, should raise ride height bc of the added compression and not even those did when I installed them. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Ask someone who installed HP's on their car bc I can't give you a 100% answer but when I took them off and installed my bilsteins, ride height stayed the same.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

BUMP!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:17 PM
RSA-Mustang

$70 shipped