Archive - Parts For Sale This section is divided into generation. Please post only in the generation to which your product applies.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

RideTech Performance air ride system

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 09:02 PM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Default RideTech Performance air ride system

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price: $2000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: S197
Location (State/Prov): TN
Item Condition: Used

sold sold

Complete RideTech RidePRO E3/Level Pro high performance air ride system.
System uses the latest height sensor technology for ride height monitoring and adjustment. Being a height based systems means regardless of load and/or weather changes the system will always maintain the preset heights you've programmed with high accuracy. It's self leveling also.
Controller info: http://www.ridetech.com/store/ridepr...ol-system.html

It also includes the optional wireless key chain remote controllers so you can "dump it" remotely and watch people freak out.

The front uses RideTech air struts with built-in camber adjusters, custom sway bar endlinks and outboard height sensors.

The rear uses RideTech Master Series single adjustable Shockwaves with built-in height sensors.
http://www.ridetech.com/store/2005-2...djustable.html

System Air supply:
Dual Viair 400c compressors
Dual 3 gal alum air tanks

This is mostly a bolt in system...theres a bit of trimming needed in the rear(see the link for the rear instructions above). The mounting tabs for the front height sensors will need to be tack welded. It's a good bit more involved to install than a regular coil spring kit as you have to deal with mounting the air supply parts, running air lines and wiring but it's worth it.
Having air ride will really set you Mustang apart from the herd at shows.

For you track guys...since all the major components are aluminum this system doesn't add a lot of weight like many people think of when you talk about air ride. This a performance air ride system and is quite capable even for track duty. It's not floaty etc... It's similar in ride quality to Steeda Sports on Koni Str't's. I know as I have had both on my car. I pulled the Steeda's after about 500 miles to install the RideTech.

I bought all the suspension parts new and i only put about 3500 miles on the parts. When i traded my Mustang it only had 5k miles on it total so none of my parts saw a lot of miles.

I do my best to answer any ?'s asap.

It cost me $4500 in parts alone.

System has been SOLD.

Thanks,
Ken
edit:
I'll make someone a GREAT combo deal if they want to buy my air suspension and the wheels/tires i also have for sale.

They work together perfectly no rubbing yet a nice flush look.
Attached Thumbnails RideTech Performance air ride system-998a1480-e185-4eeb-bb43-641d887355b2_zpsf7a31029.jpg   RideTech Performance air ride system-img_0158_zps31dfe1b2.jpg   RideTech Performance air ride system-img_0155_zps23d6f336.jpg  

Last edited by SterlingGTVert; 05-22-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

pm'd
<to short>
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 AM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Hey Lem-06...pm headed your way.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 04-10-2013, 12:23 PM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Bump and a couple extra points on the system:

The controller has 3 user defined height presets so for instance you can set one for stock height or higher to clear speed bumps, steeply inclined driveways etc. Another for the lowered everyday driving "aligned" ride height which is the one you set and have the alignment shop align the suspension to. Then finally the third could be completely dumped/air'd out where the car will take on the "slammed" look for car shows etc.

The wireless remote also lets you select from the 3 presets also.

I added a standard quick-disconnect fitting to the air tank so you can connect an air hose to run air tools, pump up a tire, etc. off the system if needed.

I'll also include a set of rear lca extender brackets. These can be bolted in and/or welded in.

Something new and cool i just found out about from RideTech. They now offer a plug-in module so you can control this system via a smartphone. (Module not included here...you'd buy the module from RideTech).

If your within 175 miles or so of zip 38355 i may be able to deliver it and knock a few bucks off the price to boot.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:42 PM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Bump for the weekend crowd.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:37 AM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

bump for reduced price: $2300 shipped
Old 04-28-2013, 05:31 PM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

bump now asking: $2200 obo shipped
Old 05-03-2013, 09:59 AM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

bump and added pics:

Suspension completely air'd out. It doesn't touch the ground but it's pretty low.
Name:  78661BC2-B5F1-420D-BF19-826B3A439EC4-7423-00000DCCDDACF83D.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  415.6 KB

The below pic shows a preset i set so i can get in and out of steep driveways etc. It's a bit higher than the stock ride height. It looks goofy but I thought I'd post the pic as it shows some of the ride height range the suspension allows. Speed bumps and steep entrances were no longer a problem .

So at the push of a button you can have the "4x4 truck" look or the "in the weeds" slammed look.

Name:  AE921DA4-038D-40E2-8692-FE0F93DC48DA-7423-00000DCCD93A4AC3.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  369.2 KB

-Ken
Old 05-04-2013, 11:12 AM
cardude99
1st Gear Member

I have been looking at this system, my concern is how will it accept wide tires, I am looking at a set of rims from american muscle that is 11" wide in the rear 9" in the front, I want 295's-315's in the rear and 255's-275's in the front, do you foresee any clearance issues? Also what other suspension products are needed to make this work properly, My car is completly stock at the moment.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:31 PM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cardude99
I have been looking at this system, my concern is how will it accept wide tires, I am looking at a set of rims from american muscle that is 11" wide in the rear 9" in the front, I want 295's-315's in the rear and 255's-275's in the front, do you foresee any clearance issues? Also what other suspension products are needed to make this work properly, My car is completly stock at the moment.
As to extra suspension items you may need:

Everything needed is in the kit.

Depending on how you want to set the car up you might want to do the following mods to the rear:
You may consider an adjustable pan-hard bar to re-center the rear axle when the car is lowered. You would likely need one regardless of how you lower these Mustangs.

If you decide to set the car up to run really low( say over 1.5" lower than stock) all the time then you may want to add something to allow for rear pinion angle adjustment as well. Some go with adj lower control arms and some go with an adj upper control arm. I ran the car at about 1.75" lower than stock and I ran an adj upper control arm. I ended up leaving it on the car when I traded it.

Again the above mods are optional and since the air ride allows you to set the ride height at any height you want you don't have to do the above mods... But again if your looking to set the car up to drive around with more than 1.5" of drop then you may want to add them.

As to wheels sizes:
I don't think the fronts you listed will be a problem but the back may be tricky with an off the shelf wheel...It will ulitmately boil down to wheel offsets. Below is a link to Ridetech's forum where a guy(id: GT500TWP) had custom wheels made for his awesome s197 GT500 and he was able to run 20x10.5in the front and 20x11.5 in the rear with WIDE tires so it can be done...unfortunately he doesn't list what offsets the custom wheels were built with.

http://www.ridetech.com/forum/showth...hlight=mustang

I ran off the shelf SVE 19x9.5" wheels all around that have an aggressive +35 offset. I first ran them with General G-Max 275/35's all around and they cleared the air bags by a bunch. However they just barely touched the inner fender lip when the car was compeletly air'd out.

I really didn't like the Generals(too noisy) anyway so I switched to the Conti's in my sig and I decided to go a bit narrower with the 255/40's just to be safe. There's no rubbing and plenty of clearance all around with the 255/40's.

Hope this helps you some and thanks for looking.
If you have any more ?'s don't hesitate to ask here or pm me.

Thanks,
Ken

Quick Reply: RideTech Performance air ride system