Pennsylvania (Philly/Tristate) Regional Chapter Chapter President: teej281

Delaware People?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Detailer_Dave
1st Gear Member

Default Delaware People?

Does anyone drive on I-95 thru the Newark/Wilmington area at all? I use I-95 daily, and my car drives really bad thru the area. N/bound or S/bound, makes no difference. Drifts to the left, difficult to keep in any lane, just goes all over the road at normal highway speeds (55-70 mph). Any other roads, it seems to drive better, but still drifts to the left. I have replaced struts, ball joints, steering rack and outer tie rod ends, steering shaft, new tires, and just had aligned. I am waiting for the new upper control arms for the rear, and I am going to rebush the front control arms within the next week or so. Car has no signs of any previous major accidents or body damage, or bent suspension parts. Someone did run into something hard enough to mess up the bumper cover, break the side marker lense, and put a dent in the drivers fender, behind the tire at the lower body crease.
Has anyone else experienced this same crappy driveability thru this area? This is really annoying to drive like this.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:15 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Slower, lower here but I agree those roads up there suck
Old 11-04-2010, 02:35 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I don't experience that type of problem when I drive that stretch of I-95, but I agree that the roads are pretty bad. It sounds like you are going about fixing the possible problem the right way. It may sound simple, but are the tires all the same brand and properly inflated?
Old 11-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Detailer_Dave
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 28HopUp
I don't experience that type of problem when I drive that stretch of I-95, but I agree that the roads are pretty bad. It sounds like you are going about fixing the possible problem the right way. It may sound simple, but are the tires all the same brand and properly inflated?
95 was repaved thru that stretch last year, if I recall correctly. It doesnt look like there are ruts in any of the lanes, and it doesnt matter which lane I drive in. The tires are all the same brand, same size (245/45/17), and were all installed with rotation marks going the correct way, at the same time. I checked the air pressure Saturday, all at 32 psi.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Detailer_Dave
1st Gear Member

All the new parts are in or scheduled for delivery today, except front lca bushings, they will be in Saturday morning. I decided to replace the springs with 04 Bullitt springs, to lower the car slightly and stiffen things up. Hopefully everything will be done this weekend.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:55 AM
Detailer_Dave
1st Gear Member

Car is done and road tested. It drives almost like a new car now, including I-95, lol. I am happy with the results.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

I think your biggest problem was you were driving TOO SLOW!!!! LOL!