Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Sorry Guys, i need exhuast help

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Crazyplaya182

Default Sorry Guys, i need exhuast help

Ok, i have two questions so if you experts can answer both, i would greatly appreciate it.

1.) I have a Automatic 99GT. I put the BBK H-Pipe on with 2 Chamber Flowmasters. I cut the converter off and put eliminators on. I thnk its pretty loud, but could get louder. What do you guys recommend. I know SLP has some new Catback Loudmouth exhaust. I went with a flowmaster american thunder catback exhuast and didnt like it so i switch to the h-pipe. You guys let me know what you recommended. I was thinking one chamber race mufflers but like i said, just let me know the best/loudest/most performance combination.

2.) I want to go ahead and do headers. I know SLP has good ones as well as BBK. I've heard a company called , "Kook's" makes really good ones. I want the best performing. I've also heard that headers improve the overall sound of your car. You guys let me know. Thanks
Old 02-28-2004, 07:33 PM
N2OJunkie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Sorry Guys, i need exhuast help

Doing all that stuff without getting rid of the stock exhaust manifolds is useless.You should have done that first, but anyways to answer your ??....It would get a little louder when you install the headers, an Off road xpipe will do also the job..........And Spintech mufflers, they are as loud as it gets..
Old 03-01-2004, 06:59 PM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

also if you're looking to redo the whole thing I'd go with long-tube headers and an x-pipe made for those. They will give you better flow and go with whatever cat-back you like the best.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: N2OJunkie

Doing all that stuff without getting rid of the stock exhaust manifolds is useless.You should have done that first, but anyways to answer your ??....It would get a little louder when you install the headers, an Off road xpipe will do also the job..........And Spintech mufflers, they are as loud as it gets..
Why is it useless if he keeps stock manifolds? There is so many restrictions in a stock GT exhaust that any modification is worth it..

Anyways, personally I would stay legal and put cats back on the car...Go with an x-pipe and Magnapacks from Magnaflow, you'll be the last person anyone wants to drive behind because it will be very loud. [8D]
Old 03-03-2004, 11:34 AM
N2OJunkie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

ORIGINAL: N2OJunkie

I still have to see that........[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Why is it useless if he keeps stock manifolds? There is so many restrictions in a stock GT exhaust that any modification is worth it..

Anyways, personally I would stay legal and put cats back on the car...Go with an x-pipe and Magnapacks from Magnaflow, you'll be the last person anyone wants to drive behind because it will be very loud. [8D]
Old 03-03-2004, 03:30 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, Go Magnaflow!!!