Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Pipes, Boost & Juice
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!
Sponsored by CARiD
Click Here

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-12-2004, 06:27 PM   #1
Emosupside

Default More horsepower.

I've never used any of these , but i have read about them. The boostcooler from snowperformance.com is suppost to add on 60 hp by a flick of a switch and is much cheaper then nos. The turbonator or spiralmax is suppost to add on up to 35 hp for 69.95 , they both seem like the same thing. turbonator.com spiralmax.com.
If anyone uses any of these please tell us what you think.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Emosupside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: More horsepower.

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Emosupside

I've never used any of these , but i have read about them. The boostcooler from snowperformance.com is suppost to add on 60 hp by a flick of a switch and is much cheaper then nos. The turbonator or spiralmax is suppost to add on up to 35 hp for 69.95 , they both seem like the same thing. turbonator.com spiralmax.com.
If anyone uses any of these please tell us what you think.
All complete and total bull. They dont add any power and if the cheap piece of plastic fan decides to break apart you are in for an engine rebuild.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:15 PM   #3
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

word up dog
mdvaldosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:07 PM   #4
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

you guys dont even know what a boost cooler is. you can see serious gains with water/methanol injection, but mainly with forced induction. its liquid intercooling. it also adds a steam cleaning effect to your motor, so anyone can benefit with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiba17 View Post
Taco bell is gay. I rather eat *****.
callmecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:17 PM   #5
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

I was talking about those turbo swirl type inserts that go before your throttle body. Thats what 2000GT was talking about as well. As far as the "boostcooler", I see the idea behind it but I don't really see it all that beneficial. Ok on super/turbocharged cars I can maybe see something - but not what kind of yang those people are talking that make it.

Basically for every 10* you reduce air temperature, thats about a 1% increase in air density / power. I don't see that boostcooler dropping the intake air temp more than 20 degrees, meaning a 4-5 hp increase on a mustang with typical bolt-ons. Pretty ****ty eh? Even on a supercharged car I don't see it dropping the intake charge temp more than 100 degrees AT BEST, probably considerably less than that actually. That would equat to about a 35hp or so difference on a typical supercharged V8 Mustang.

I can tell you one thing, If I had to "push a button" for more power - it damn sure better be more than 4-5 hp!!!!! or hell, even 35hp.
mdvaldosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:20 AM   #6
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Vehicle: 4000 - 0 -.5 Yes, thats right. I tied half a race.
Send a message via AIM to JD1969

Alcohol injection works wonder on turbo/boosted cars allows more boost with getting into detonation. Alot of turbo Buick guys are doing this. It would have little to no gains on a n/a motor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz6.0 View Post
I'd **** OPRAH!!!!!!!!
JD1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:07 AM   #7
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: JD1969

Alcohol injection works wonder on turbo/boosted cars allows more boost with getting into detonation. Alot of turbo Buick guys are doing this. It would have little to no gains on a n/a motor.
Jep. Look at the latest issue of MM&FF. They did a cooler install on a car, and gained like 40 RWHP. Pretty impressive for just water and methonal. And its not terribley expensive either.

People also do this with nitrous.

On a N/A motor it isnt gonna get you much if anything.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:38 PM   #8
turboSTANGpowa

Default :: Thumbs up. ::

Yeah, Alcohal Injection and/or, Water/Alcohal Injection's a really big thing now. It allows for more boost and/or, more timing which hand-in-hand, gives you more power. I suppose it makes pump gas have a higher octane rating, without the extra price to go along with it.. like just running on race gas. Most of the turbo Chevys on LS1tech.com run these type of set-ups.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:38 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
07, add, air, charge, cooler, forced, horsepower, methanol, mustang, mustangs, ons, s197, snowperformancecom, spiralmax, typical