Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Pipes, Boost & Juice
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!
Sponsored by CARiD
Click Here

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-21-2004, 07:14 PM   #1
EJ23
1st Gear Member

Default Would a MRT Catted H pipe void my warranty?

I have a Borla Stinger Cat-back on my 04 GT and love the sound! But I'd like to open it up a lil more for more sound & power. IMO. 4 cats is too much!! But I want to keep my warranty.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
EJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:31 PM   #2
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Would a MRT Catted H pipe void my warranty?

Nope. You can upgrade your exhaust how ever you would like BUT you might wanna call your dealership and ask just to make sure they wont be dicks about it. Talk to the service MANAGER and get his name so if you take it in for serviceing or warranty work and they try to reject you all you have to do is mention his name and tell them you talked to him about it before you did it. My dealership told me that I can do what ever I want to the car but if what I have created a problem then they just wont fix it.
jdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:14 AM   #3
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: jdaniel
My dealership told me that I can do what ever I want to the car but if what I have created a problem then they just wont fix it.
thus voiding your warranty. so yes, it will void your warranty, because your engine will be breathing better and have more hp than ford designed it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiba17 View Post
Taco bell is gay. I rather eat *****.
callmecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:04 AM   #4
EJ23
1st Gear Member

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!![&o]
Old 06-22-2004, 11:28 AM   #5
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

well if the air conditioner breaks when I put on the LT headers then it wont be void because the two systems have nothing in common. BUT if I blow an exhaust seal because I put on new headers then they wont fix it. Thats what Im trying to say. I have already taken my car in for a coolent leak and they said nothing about all my mods. In the end it all depends on your dealership.
jdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:50 PM   #6
EJ23
1st Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: jdaniel

well if the air conditioner breaks when I put on the LT headers then it wont be void because the two systems have nothing in common. BUT if I blow an exhaust seal because I put on new headers then they wont fix it. Thats what Im trying to say. I have already taken my car in for a coolent leak and they said nothing about all my mods. In the end it all depends on your dealership.
What if one had you mods and poped the engine? [sm=smiley11.gif] Think they'd fix it? [&:]
Old 06-30-2004, 10:59 PM   #7
03Muskrat
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to 03Muskrat

i forget the exact law concerning such matters, it used to be posted on here like a year or so ago, but if you replace a part, then that voids the warranty for ONLY THAT PART this is protected by some federal law, and i would imagine that it includes if said aftermarket part is the direct reason for whatever else broke, there is however a simple fix for all this, if something breaks, find out what it is, and take off any aftermarket part that a dealership could use to tell you to go f@@k yourself
Old 06-30-2004, 10:59 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
borla, catted, exaust, exhaust, headers, lawa, mrt, mustang, pipe, pipes, putting, stingers, straight, virginia, void, warranty, warrenty