Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

question about perfo

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 11:52 PM
falconkid4478

Default question about perfo

i am thinking about buying a chip for my 93 gt. what brand would you guys recomend? anyone know anything about the diablo chip?
Old 07-02-2003, 01:11 AM
EvilKenevil
2nd Gear Member

I've heard a lot of good things about the super chip.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:31 AM
PULN AWAY

just a heads up to you on computer chips. for the most part, a chip only advances the timing. you can do this yourself for free with a 1/2 inch socket and a timing light! i have run cars back to back in testing and seen no advantage in a chip. also, if you add nitrous or blower later, you will have to take out the chip. you will not be able to get even close to what you payed for it! the only good chip is a custom burned unit for power adder motors or nasty n/a motors that change the fuel curve and get rid of the 6,250rpm rev limit. save your money and advance the timing to 14deg and add some octain booster to you 93!</P>
Old 07-03-2003, 10:41 PM
makarovboy
2nd Gear Member

You'd be wasting your money. There is a slight gain in the newer mustangs with the 4.6 and a different computer, but the ee4c is already pretty much maximized for good performance, and puln away is right, they are expensive.