Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 12:07 AM
92BOOSTED
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger

oops
sorry about that last post.I was experimenting.
Anyways,Do you have a better ignition system?

Rye
Old 07-23-2004, 08:10 AM
tarpymac
2nd Gear Member

they hve triggered it down to my msd coil packs, i will put the stock one on and go from there. i will keep you posted. thanks for all the help. i hope this is the problem!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:48 AM
mtchll50
1st Gear Member

i have a vortech v2 and i had the same problem with the coil i took it to ford and they put a new one on cuz it is still under warranty
Old 07-24-2004, 05:50 PM
tarpymac
2nd Gear Member

well i got the car back, and it WAS running like a champ. it was not the coil packs. the said it was a crank sensor that was dirty. they put in 3 gallons of 103 octane, and it ran fine till this afternoon. now after about 3300 rpms, puching it it stalls like something is holding it back. it is almost like it is not getting enough fuel. i know it is getting enough spark for sure. i have put the stock coil packs on and it is still the same. SO CONFUSED!
Old 07-24-2004, 11:24 PM
turboSTANGpowa

Default Hrm ...

If it were MY motor, I'd be doing a compression check. White smoke's never good. It sounds like a bad headgasket, or maybe even cracked/damaged ringlands.. but who knows. Do the compression check and tell us what the numbers are. If the numbers turn out cool, pull the heads and STILL check the ringlands for added insurance, or a piece of mind.. lol. I'd be a bit paranoid at this point. Hope everything turns out ok.. [&:]
Old 07-25-2004, 12:15 AM
tarpymac
2nd Gear Member

my check engine light is on: when we check it, it says #443..: evaporative emission control system purge control valve circuit malfunction: what is this?????????????[:@][:@]
Old 08-01-2004, 12:40 PM
tarpymac
2nd Gear Member

engine is still stalling when i get on it. it starts to sputter, and then it gets ok. my check engine light came back on, and i took it to autozone for the check engine light deal. it said cylinder 1 misfire. i checked the plug and it was bent in. i regapped it and put it back on. took down the road and the same thing happened. it has got to be something i have over looked. it is not the coil packs because i put the factory ones back on. i have changed the plug wires. and all the plugs look good. PLEASE HELP.
Old 08-01-2004, 03:31 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

Do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and did the shop adjust it to increase the fuel flow under boost? you could be getting a lean misfire condition which can do engine damage if not corrected. worse case you might even need bigger injectors and fuel pump.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:02 PM
tarpymac
2nd Gear Member

the fuel pump is the 155 lph that came with the unit, the injectors are stock
Old 08-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

You are running this supercharger on stock injectors?

Um hello? Who just screwed up your motor?

Quick Reply: supercharger