Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Ok, My KenneBell Supercharger is on the way...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 06:41 PM
MineralGreyGT02
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ok, My KenneBell Supercharger is on the way...

I meant a stand alone "wideband" O2 sensor/meter to calculate the A/F ratio. They are supposed to be more accurate than the tuners (Diablo) pulling data from the PCM and stock O2 sensors. The aftermarket wideband band meter comes with a replacement sensor.

The most accurate would be a bench wideband O2 sensor on a dyno.

Does your Diablo seem to read your A/F ratio well? I really don't know much about them. Just going by what I read. I'm just getting started with my mods.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

MineralGreygt02, in your tune, how much total timing are you running? I was just curious.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:39 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MineralGreyGT02

I meant a stand alone "wideband" O2 sensor/meter to calculate the A/F ratio. They are supposed to be more accurate than the tuners (Diablo) pulling data from the PCM and stock O2 sensors. The aftermarket wideband band meter comes with a replacement sensor.

The most accurate would be a bench wideband O2 sensor on a dyno.

Does your Diablo seem to read your A/F ratio well? I really don't know much about them. Just going by what I read. I'm just getting started with my mods.
hmmm, i thought you meant you were going to go with a stand alone fuel system, which would be great for a supercharged setup.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:07 AM
MineralGreyGT02
2nd Gear Member

See that's the beauty of the KB kit. The chip ties it all together. The IAC and temperature sensors make the timing float like the factory intended. This is most noticable on cool mornings.

Fuel pressure stays nominal (not getting up right now to get the numbers) at idle. At boost, when more pressure is needed to overcome the pressurized cylinders, the fuel pressure gets pumped up to match. This is done by the boost a pump. Supposedly the stock fuel pump is good for just over 500hp.

I guess I sound like a salesman but it's worked flawlessy and feels complelely like driving a 400hp vette... Sans the better tires... But I get this very faint hoover sound when driving it "just right" that is really cool... And it idles like stock, except for the rumble of my Magnaflows. When downshifting it has this nice new rat-a-tat popping that sounds cool.

My timing is stock except what the KB chip changes it to. I only sent them in the computer ID number off my PCM. To be honest I don't know. School is about to start up and I have two kids, so getting it dyno'ed right now is near impossible.

Help me out here, what is the best way to measure my actual timing without spending much money? [:'(]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1259/B27B47E42F124FC78A21EFA3631D51E8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-07-2004, 01:25 AM
MineralGreyGT02
2nd Gear Member

The ONLY thing I haven't liked is the black suet in my tailpipes. I imagine they are running a little richer than stock to have the additional fuel cool the combustion chamber. Dunno, just a guess. I would really love to get datalogged on a dyno... [:@]
Old 08-08-2004, 12:06 PM
87mustang347
3rd Gear Member

dude u are so lucky with that supercharger...i wanted to get one for my car to because i see alot of people with vortechs and ati's and paxtons and i juss wanted to b different and go with kenney bell but ive heard that with that blower on my car i wood be working on it and tuning it more then i wood be driving it..is this true is it a bolt on that requires minor modifications?
Old 08-13-2004, 01:42 AM
MineralGreyGT02
2nd Gear Member

I haven't had to do any tuning at all. It just runs frikin great all the time. This weekend I'm going to pull the air intake off and check the torque on the manifold bolts and pull each spark plug to check the ground straps for blue discoloration and the ceramic insulators for discoloration and pitting. Just to be safe.

My buddy was right... It's real hard (impossible) to pull the 9lb pulley off and put a bigger one (less boost) back on for everyday driving back-and-forth to work...