Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Problem with my KB twinscrew...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 01:27 AM
MineralGreyGT02
2nd Gear Member

Default Problem with my KB twinscrew...

No, it's not broke... The problem is that it pulls real hard allllllll the way to the redline... I've hit the rev limiter a LOT since I've had it. It just wants to keep going... Anyway I'm looking for a shift light but I don't want to get a new tach and I hate the look of the long flashlight-looking shift lights I commonly see. Anyone know of a different, much smaller, solution? I was thinking a bright led that I could mount on the side of my boost gauge pod on the piller. But I would need all the electronics that go with it... Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 08-19-2004, 07:24 AM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Problem with my KB twinscrew...

Autometer makes a small tach lite that works really good (I use to have one) I paid 100bucks for the light, RPM box, RPM pills and an extension(needed it cause of where I wanted to mount the box). You will also need a tachless drive box from Dallas Mustangs or somebody else. This will allow you to run a tach or a RPM box on our cars.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:47 AM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

Does hitting the rev limiter cause the computer to cut back fuel? I can't remember, but I'm sure that someone on here would know. I see that you have a fuel pressure gauge to keep an eye on.

If it does cut out fuel, I think that could create some detonation which is not good on S.C. cars.

Todd
Old 08-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

No, it's not broke... The problem is that it pulls real hard allllllll the way to the redline... I've hit the rev limiter a LOT since I've had it. It just wants to keep going... Anyway I'm looking for a shift light but I don't want to get a new tach and I hate the look of the long flashlight-looking shift lights I commonly see. Anyone know of a different, much smaller, solution? I was thinking a bright led that I could mount on the side of my boost gauge pod on the piller. But I would need all the electronics that go with it... Anybody have any suggestions?
A lot of people on this forum wish they had your problem. Hey, look; you don't need a shiftlight. -You just need more time getting used to the feel of the boost. You should be able to feel the shift points. I say take some more time and get used to the blower before you do anything else. What you really need now are new cams.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:01 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rtm

Does hitting the rev limiter cause the computer to cut back fuel? I can't remember, but I'm sure that someone on here would know. I see that you have a fuel pressure gauge to keep an eye on.

If it does cut out fuel, I think that could create some detonation which is not good on S.C. cars.

Todd

That's how it works on the EEC IV Fox body systems, but I really don't know about the OBD2 system.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:15 PM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

I have heard of others hitting the rev limiter in the 03-04's but I have not as of yet.

I could see how it's easy to do. The root's/twin screw's cars rev up quickly. I can be at 6K before I know it.

Todd