Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Whats the most complete nitrous kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 08:11 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

Default Whats the most complete nitrous kit?

im thinking nx but i keep seeing zex. zex has the little "brain" unit and looks to be more simple. so whats ur opinion on the best kit?
Old 12-05-2006, 10:10 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Whats the most complete nitrous kit?

zex is dry and from what i hear, is a lot easier to install than a wet kit. meh, can't go wrong either way.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:39 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

I'm not so sure any of the kits are complete. After you install a kit, you find out you need a bunch of accessories to complete the system for your needs.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

If you want a complete n20 kit, then zex is the last thing you want. Go with NX.

A complete n20 kit includes:
1. NX Base kit $500
2. NX Genx2 kit $250
3. Window switch $75

The Genx2 kit comes with: Purge kit, fuel pressure safety switch, bottle heater, blow down tube, switches, and relays.

If you want the more controllability you can subsitute the window switch for an NOS mini progressive controller. Its what I have, and it makes the n20 like a dream. I think I paid like $250 for it. You can run any size shot you want. Like you can switch from a 10hp shot to a 75hp shot in around 15 seconds while your driving. And you can ramp the n20 up or down. Trust me, you cant do that with a zex kit.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:44 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Your right, the Nex kit has to be rejetted manually. They do offer a track kit that has all Genx2 stuff, it's about the same price. Trouble is they don't tell you up front you really need it. The progressive controller sounds like the hot item! I'm gonna look into it.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:17 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerjan
They do offer a track kit that has all Genx2 stuff, it's about the same price. Trouble is they don't tell you up front you really need it.
What are you talking about?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

zex is dry and from what i hear, is a lot easier to install than a wet kit. meh, can't go wrong either way.
Zex has wet kits too.

You will have to put some money into the other goodies regardless of what you get.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:17 PM
danyz
2nd Gear Member

Zex is hands down the easiest kit to install, but like everyone says, there are other items that you will need to get seperately.
Nitrous filter,window switch if your a manual
other odd's and ends.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:00 PM
bsteen81
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: danyz

Zex is hands down the easiest kit to install, but like everyone says, there are other items that you will need to get seperately.
other odd's and ends.
You dont NEED a filter or window switch with a zex kit. The only other things you need are sct 4 bank chip, one step colder plugs (if your runnin a big shot), and thats about it. The module or brain only opens the solenoids when you are at wot over 2k rpm's. Besides that fact, you cant run a zex dry kit on any stang 99 or newer. They dont have a fuel return system required for the kit so you would have to go wet if you want ZEX.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bsteen81

ORIGINAL: danyz

other odd's and ends.
You dont NEED a filter or window switch with a zex kit. The only other things you need are sct 4 bank chip, one step colder plugs (if your runnin a big shot), and thats about it. The module or brain only opens the solenoids when you are at wot over 2k rpm's. Besides that fact, you cant run a zex dry kit on any stang 99 or newer. They dont have a fuel return system required for the kit so you would have to go wet if you want ZEX.
Zex does not have any way of knowing what RPMs you are at. Zex is basically crap and full of gimmicks. It does not shut off when you get lean. It also works just like any other system. You CAN spray too soon with it. The so-called "brain" only contains a couple measley solenoids and a WOT switch. Thats it. Just get NX with all the parts I listed above and it will be a safe running motor for a long time.

Quick Reply: Whats the most complete nitrous kit?