Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Borla VS Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Racer X

Default Borla VS Magnaflow

I am down to two Cat-Back choices for my '04 GT, the Magnaflow Magnapack and the Borla Stinger. I will be running the factory H-pipe and the only other mods I plan are a Densecharger (fender to TB) CAI and an Accufab plenum and 75mm TB.

Which exhaust would YOU go with for SOUND quality?? I've heard that there is little difference performance-wise...and price is not deciding factor between the two (but it did kick me out of the Bassani category).
Old 09-02-2004, 06:47 PM
DUDE

Default RE: Borla VS Magnaflow

BORLA!!

Everyone I know has gone with Magnaflow because of the bang-for-the-buck...if you can afford Stingers, you WONT be disappointed!!
Old 09-02-2004, 07:08 PM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

I'd go with the Magnapack cat-back...might wanna get a new H-pipe tho....and i wouldn't go as big as 75mm TB...IMO
Old 09-02-2004, 07:29 PM
Racer X

StangMang,

I'm NOT going to change the H-pipe...my wife and kids are going to ride in this car from time to time, and I have to keep the cabin noise down!! I rode in a GT that had a Bassani X-pipe with Magnapacks...the drone was unbearable.

With that said, why do you choose Magnapack? Do they really sound better?
Old 09-02-2004, 07:47 PM
StangMang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Racer X

StangMang,

I'm NOT going to change the H-pipe...my wife and kids are going to ride in this car from time to time, and I have to keep the cabin noise down!! I rode in a GT that had a Bassani X-pipe with Magnapacks...the drone was unbearable.

With that said, why do you choose Magnapack? Do they really sound better?
Well Racer...with that being said...i had no idea that children where in the picture...if i did than i wouldn't of suggested Magnapacks cause they ARE really loud...now that i know the situation...go for Borla....i simply thought you were going for Performance and Loudness like the rest of us here on the forums...My B
Old 09-02-2004, 09:33 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: DUDE

BORLA!!

Everyone I know has gone with Magnaflow because of the bang-for-the-buck...if you can afford Stingers, you WONT be disappointed!!

LOL you're always wrong on your first post. LOL

Magnapack sounds better than probably any muffler out there. LOL
Old 09-02-2004, 10:29 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Easy JD you know how the noobs don't like being picked on.

Borla [sm=noooo.gif][sm=smiley21.gif][sm=badidea.gif]

over priced sounds like crap, never heard a borla I liked.

Magnaflow packs[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=smiley20.gif] kick ***. Love mine wouldn't dream of any othe catback.

Seeing as you have kids. The magnaflow regular system is nice, not as loud as the pack, but still a nice clean sound.

If you don't want to be terriably loud then go with the regular packs.

To really see any performance though you are going to need to swap out the H for at the very least a catted h, I would recommend a catted x-pipe to keep everything legal. The mid pipe alone should net you 8 rwhp, that is more then the catback alone would get you.

Skip the TB, upgrade the MAF. The TB will hurt performance. You can only take in enough air as the motor needs. The easier you help it breath the better.

I would recommend a C&L set instead of the densecharger. MAC makes okay stuff, but I have never heard complients about a C&L setup.

My 2cents
Old 09-02-2004, 11:34 PM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

<3 my magnapacks

I like the sound of borla stingers but they are too f'n loud all the time. The packs keep a gentle roar until I get on it a bit
Old 09-03-2004, 12:06 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Don't go with the Borlas, man...I'm with Silver on this one. I think you need to change the mid-pipe though, the stock mid pipe is one of the most restrictive parts there is on a Mustang. A changed mid pipe and regular Magnaflows will be a nice touch.

P.S. I am moving your post to the appropriate room for exhaust questions.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:17 AM
Stangfreak2002

Go with the magnapacks ... And If you want to change your mid pipe ... go with the h pipe instead of the x pipe ..... The drone sound with the x pipe is really annoying !!!

Some people say that there is no drone with they're x but I no a lot of people who changed to an h because of the drone !!! and performance wise there is almost no difference !!

Quick Reply: Borla VS Magnaflow