Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

i need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 01:45 AM
RJM02GTDrag
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: i need help

My BS meter is going off big time. Who installed your supercharger w/out a tune? Dont go by street racing experience that means nothing. get some tires and you should get your 60 foot under 1.80, did you do still have the stock 98 heads? Do a pi swap or high flow blower cam and head swap you should run way, way better for what you spent.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:14 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I've been saying it all along, I don't want to raise the BS flag, because he's looking for help.

But if he's only trapping 103mph, unless hes shutting down right after the 1/8th mile marker, he's not making anything NEAR 12PSI. IMO - I'd never drive a blown car without a tune, even with a measily 6psi I wouldn't do it.

Something isn't adding up with the 103mph trap speed and claimed 12psi. He never answered me about his internals, are they stock or what..
Old 10-11-2004, 04:37 PM
98blowngt

yea the internals are all stock and the guy i bought it from said that it has the smallest pulley on there that i can have with stock internals he had it done in 99 when he first got the car and i bought it at the first of this year with 35000miles on it, i mean the car is stout on the street i know that the cobras trap speed is higher than mine but on the street from a 20mph roll we are neck and neck, it has a superchips chip and no one around here tunes superchips so i am gonnna buy a diablochip and have a local shop dyno tune it for my 42lbs injectors and my snow performance boost cooler i am installing in a couple of weeks and it should be quicker because i have the stock 19lbs injectors right now but when i ran my car at the track when i first got it, it would kinda bog down at high rpms cuz the plugs werent gapped right and now i gapped em' right and it'll rev up to 6300 with now prob. but i'll get it tuned and see if thats the problem thanks alot