Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

$1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"

Old 03-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Nrre
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ives_jeff
I have a few questions. First can you install all of this yourself, supercharger, fuel pump, etc? And when it comes to getting it tuned, can you run the car for a little while without the tune?
from what i've gathered.

you can install it all yourself, the only part that you might not be able to is tapping the oil pan for the oil return line from the Turbo.

as for installing it and driving it there...not the best idea I think. You changed the MAF, Injectors, Pump, and the MAF is relocated. I don't see it doing all that well, i wondered this to. Perhaps if you keep it below 2k rpms it MIGHT be ok? i don't know for sure.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't...Your just asking for trouble...You may be ok but if your not then your looking at a newly supercharged blown motor and that won't be much fun to drive.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Itll drive fine on the factory tune. BUT you have to keep the stock maf and injectors installed until you get to the tuner AND you cannot get into boost or go above 3500rpm. If you try and run larger injectors and upgraded maf on the factory tune it will run like crap and may even cause some problems.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Eduardo
3rd Gear Member

so im piecing a kit together and im going intercooled right off the bat. i know i wont need the discharge assembly but im wondering for the intake assembly, can i just buy a powerpipe and just substitute it, also does the powerpipe come with the air filter like the intake assembly does?
as far as bov/bpv whats the best location to put one of these at. im still undecided if im going to get a bov or a bpv.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Eduardo
so im piecing a kit together and im going intercooled right off the bat. i know i wont need the discharge assembly but im wondering for the intake assembly, can i just buy a powerpipe and just substitute it, also does the powerpipe come with the air filter like the intake assembly does?
as far as bov/bpv whats the best location to put one of these at. im still undecided if im going to get a bov or a bpv.
You can substitute for the powerpipe but it does not come with a filter or the bracket that holds the maf to the fender. the best location for the valve would depend on whether you are running a blow thru setup maf or a draw thru maf. Mount it after the intercooler either way though.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Rinchesta
Banned

will this work on a stock 98 cobra? about how much rwhp would it have with this? on at 8 psi
Old 03-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rinchesta
will this work on a stock 98 cobra? about how much rwhp would it have with this? on at 8 psi
I really wish people would stop asking if this kit will work on other types of cars. Its cluttering up the thread. The kit ONLY FITS 2v GTs. If you want to price a kit for another car youll have to search through the superchargersonline website and find the parts you need for a kit that will work....
Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 PM
99Shaker

would I need upgraded cams for an S/C install? I've always been told yes but that was back when I was driving 4 bangers. lol
Old 04-30-2009, 06:13 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

nope stock will do just fine.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:52 PM
gtrrocker02

this sounds great. and it will work on my 97 mustang gt! how much experience would you need to do this yourself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done"